Greetings from Pensacola!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Last Sunday Vrai convinced me to get a cranberry nut bread at the farmer's market. It was amazing. I ate a few slices each morning toasted. We went back to reload. But the bread lady wasn't there today. The breakfast and brunch places in downtown P'cola were experiencing robust business this morning. Many places had long wait lists. We got come corned beef hash at the Irish pub. It took the appetite edge off. I got the bottomless mimosa because I really needed a jolt of vitamin C this AM.

We tried to drive over to Gulf Breeze. I was hoping to see a UFO or 2. But the bridge is closed. Under repair due to hurricane Sally. We were oh so close. Didn't want to detour out of the way. If I looked to the east and squinted I could see GB.

Yesterday we drove 15 miles to Josephine, AL. Went to check out Pirate's Cove Bar and Restaurant. A little hole in the wall place right on the water. Nothing really around there. Most people get there by boat.

Fishing has been mediocre. I get a few each time out. There are a lot of things that steal my bait. I did have something very large break me off. Busted my line when I tried to subdue it. Now I only fish with my reels that have higher pound test line.

So we may never get back this way. But we will check out as much of it as we can while we are here. We pull chocks next Saturday. I'm sure this week will fly by.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I went fishing the last couple of days. 2 days ago I got 8 croakers. And not 1 damn catfish. Today I only managed 1 catfish. I did hook 2 fish that eventually broke the line. That's what motivated me. To try and catch whatever it was that busted my line. Probably a ray of some sort. Or possibly 1 of the large black drum that cruise around the bay.

So far the best place I've fished the last 5 years has to be the Florida Keys. Plenty of fish and you never know what you are going to catch. But a few places have been somewhat productive. Timing is important. A few times I've been too early or too late for optimal fishing. But we roll around when we can. So I take what I can get as far as fishing is concerned. Perhaps going forward, I'll use more guides to help cut back on the learning curve.