Grocery store coffees

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I forgot I a
So use the reusable cups with your choice of grounds.
We have those at work, but I bring in my pods. The reusable ones are messy, depending on the people.

I did find huckleberry and merlot coffees in my pantry, I need to grind them both.

DaSDGuy

I forgot I a

We have those at work, but I bring in my pods. The reusable ones are messy, depending on the people.

I did find huckleberry and merlot coffees in my pantry, I need to grind them both.
Sounds like a people problem, not a reusable pod problem. The reusable is not messy at my house. In fact I can get the grounds into the compost a lot easier than a store k-cup.

PJay

For when I want one cup, I make pour over coffee...

since I was gifted this..

Screenshot_20241025-192732.png

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

I can taste the plastic in the cup. And it irks me to think of hundreds of thousands of those plastic cups in the trash for the sake of ease.

For years, I've been using a stainless steel cup with micro weep holes in my old Cuisinart K-Cup unit. Excellent for 1 cup of coffee usage. These kind makes for a slower brew time, (because of the micro-holes, coffee comes out slower allowing for better brew time), while others are more porous, seem to brew the coffee through them much faster. It also will also brew slower or faster depending on the size of the grounds. Regular ground brews much faster like pushing the button for hot water only fast. Finer grounds, such as how Peet's grinds theirs, take a bit longer, having more surface area to get the hot water, and more flavor, through.

A 20-once bag of Peet's will last me for about a month, or longer. Only needing about a tablespoon or so per cup fill. Unused Peet's gets stored in the fridge inside one of those insta-seal-a-jars to stay fresh until empty. Perfect cup of coffee every time.

1729938571238.png

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Dunkin' Donuts "Dunkin' Midnight" is our go to. When it's on sale I stock up.

I love the Peets Major Dickason. I'll grab a bag if I see it on sale. Strong but not bitter.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm thinking it's the plastic tub that makes it taste and smell the way it does. I had some vac pack Maxwell House not long ago and it was fine. It wasn't S&E's maple French roast, but it was drinkable.