Grocery store coffees

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I remember that well at our A&P. A coffee grinder at the end of each checkout counter.
That did bring back a memory. Mom went grocery shopping once a month, and it was an A&P, and sometimes one of us kids would get to go with her to the "big city". We lived way out in the boonies on our farm and the A&P was the nearest "big" store and about an hour's drive away.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
This thread triggered a memory of shopping at A&P with my mother in the 60s
I remember that well at our A&P. A coffee grinder at the end of each checkout counter.
That did bring back a memory. Mom went grocery shopping once a month, and it was an A&P, and sometimes one of us kids would get to go with her to the "big city". We lived way out in the boonies on our farm and the A&P was the nearest "big" store and about an hour's drive away.

A&P was the Walmart of it's time ...

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I have a maple-bacon coffee from a little operation in Leonardtown that I like. I've had coffee from Black Rifle that is good. I've been meaning to try some flavored coffee from Blackout Coffee Company.
And you gave me grief about a little hazelnut creamer?!

Currently depleting my stock of some German ground dark coffee that I found at Aldi's. I bought a case of it. After that, I'll probably revert back to Folgers Black Silk. My daughter bought an expresso maker, so she's going to give me her old machine that grinds and brews. I can't wait to experiment with it.

NextJen

Raisin cane
It’s hard to find a good variety of decaf coffee. (I drink decaf for health reasons/irregular heartbeat, so don’t be cruel in your comments, lol.)
Dunkin decaf ground or pods is good. Folger’s also makes a decent Columbian decaf pod. Once in a while I’ll treat myself and mail order something from a company called Java Momma.
I typically just get the Food Lion brand ground decaf. I like to add flavored creamers or real deal Irish Cream, so that helps out the not spectacular coffees. ☕

Side note, leftover decaf is also good to make an evening iced coffee dessert drink without worrying about it keeping you awake or jittery. 🧋

Czar

Go with Yuban!

Oh yeah, Yuban Coffee. You know you can sprinkle that stuff on anything? Ice cream, mashed potatoes, or just eat it right out of the can for a quick pick me up... Cousin Eddie

luvmygdaughters

I do Green Mountain Dark Magic K-cups during the weekday, on the weekends I brew a pot of coffee and use the Starbucks Sumatra Dark Roast, when its on sale. I do use the Folgers Black Silk if Sumatra isnt on sale.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
This thread triggered a memory of shopping at A&P with my mother in the 60s and standing by the coffee grinder while she ground our whole bean. Damn what a great smell.
I have a similar memory of getting 8 o'clock at A&P when Prince Frederick had one and having them grind it at the checkout. Great smell.

I am the only coffee drinker in the house so I just get K-cups now. I do not like the flavored coffees. My usual go to is Donut shop coffee medium.

TPD

the poor dad
I’ve enjoyed this one for the last couple months. I refuse to drink c-kup coffee - tastes like flavored water to me.

IMG_2553.png