Groundcover

Cletus_Vandam

You could also try Perriwinkle or Pachasandra (not sure of the spelling on the last one).

I've used both of these as ground cover. The Perriwinkle looks better IMO, but the Pachasandra speads more quickly.

If you search Google you can find some pics of both of these if you not familiar with them...

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
After talking with a couple growers, I've had to change my plan of the ivy. :ohwell: they said it'd be a risk b/c the ivy (contrary to what the descriptions read) should be in partial shade and it'd burn up in full sun.

So ... I'm grassing both mounds. I don't have the energy to research anything else for the dang things. :ohwell:

crabcake said:
After talking with a couple growers, I've had to change my plan of the ivy. :ohwell: they said it'd be a risk b/c the ivy (contrary to what the descriptions read) should be in partial shade and it'd burn up in full sun.

So ... I'm grassing both mounds. I don't have the energy to research anything else for the dang things. :ohwell:
See all the above posts about Vinca/Periwinkle.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
huntr1 said:
See all the above posts about Vinca/Periwinkle.

thx, but I've already bought the grass seed and straw and plan to go with it. It's just too much to plant both of 'em and too much work to risk having it burn up in the hot summer sun. :ohwell: