Guess Who's Very Quiet About The War in Iraq?

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
On a fundamental level, I totally agree that women should be required to register for the selective service (hey, they reap the benefits of living in this country, too!)...

However, the one thing about it that has always bothered me goes right along with what Vrai said. Imagine this:

You're in a fox hole, enemy shells are exploding all around you, there's a storm of bullets, and reinforcements are NOT on the way....Suddenly shrapnel tears through your back, severing a vertebrae, and you can't walk---but oh crap! Here comes half a hundred of the bad guys!

Pause. Choose your own adventure.

Who do YOU want carrying your lame @zz out of that foxhole?

A. A 200 lb. Marine who could bench press 8 of you...
B. A 120 lb. Marine who might break her nail if she tries to lift you...

It's rough to expect equality when biology is going against you. :ohwell:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bruzilla said:
I hope they know how much credability they're flushing down the ladies' room toilet.
They never really wanted to go into combat anyway - they just wanted to complain that they couldn't.

B

Bruzilla

Club'nBabySeals said:
Who do YOU want carrying your lame @zz out of that foxhole?

A. A 200 lb. Marine who could bench press 8 of you...
B. A 120 lb. Marine who might break her nail if she tries to lift you...[/B]

It's rough to expect equality when biology is going against you. :ohwell:

There's a funny thing about warfare... things rarely go as you would expect them to. Would that 200lb Marine, who just joined the service to get money for college, carry you out or run for his life? Would that 120lb women who works on her nails most of the time be so full of adreniline and motherly concern for your azz that she yanks it right out of the hole and drags you back to friendly territory? How about this - a man who is wounded and wouldn't budge an inch for a man, jumps up and tap dances his way back to friendly lines because a woman asked him to?

I went through Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape (SERE) training with a guy who bragged the whole way to Maine that he would beat the snot out of any SERE instructor who tried to lay a hand on him. After three days of abuse (worse by far than what the Abu Gahribado-do guys had to endure) I actually saw this guy offer to beat himself with a rubber hose to appease the instructors. When the poop hits the fan, there's no way to tell who will stand and who will run, who will be the coward and who will be the hero.

Who do I want to pull my lame azz out of the foxhole? The answer is the one who will get it done, and I don't care if that's a 220-lb male former full-back/power lifter, or a female, French-born African-American, lesbian midget with a spanish surname and a nasty temper.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bruzilla

vraiblonde said:
They never really wanted to go into combat anyway - they just wanted to complain that they couldn't.

You got that right! They also wanted the benefits of higher command, but now they're showing they don't want to pay the price for those benefits.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Toxick said:
Point at random enemy:

"See that guy over there. He called you the 'C' word."
"WHAT?!"
"And all those guys around him laughed and agreed"
YAARRGGGHHH

*Dead enemies everywhere. Disemboweled, dismembered, decapitated and de-anything else you need done.*

"Way to go marine"
"Oo-RAH!"
:killingme
vBulletin Message
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

S

scupper trout

Dixie said:
Excluded from combat duties. I'm female by the way and did my twenty. And for the record think all females should be made to register for selective service same as the men.

Thanks for your service Dixie. :patriot:

D

Dixie

scupper trout said:
Thanks for your service Dixie. :patriot:
Awww shucks, twern't nothing. Good experience but I'm glad I'm retired from it, nice to be back in Saint Mary's County permanently instead of driving 600 miles to get here.

D

Dixie

DoWhat said:
You're a female, not too bright and possibly chubby.
Good guess?

Description looks like your picture and it was a real bad guess. Why are you so negative? Did I say something that offended you?

D

Dixie

DoWhat said:
No.
If you stick around, you'll get use to me.

Oh humor.....sorry didn't recognize having a Monday morning. I'll try a little harder to get use(d) to you. (Sorry my PN is kicking in)

D

Dixie

Bruzilla said:
So... were you a YN? I was an AW.

Yeah, actually I was a YN. I knew a few AWs from being stationed at VP68 at Pax River, then others from squadrons flying in from Willow Grove, Brunswick, and Jacksonville. You were active duty AW? I was TAR for twenty so I moved in that community. Where were you stationed over the years or was it mostly Jax. I know a lot of people who managed to get stationed there forever. My last tour was in Savannah, GA. You?