Guess Who's Very Quiet About The War in Iraq?

D

Dixie

DoWhat said:
AT
EWOP
VQ

Excuse my ignorance, the brunt of my last 15 years was spent screwing up reservists service/training/pay record and sending them on active duty. What does an Electronic Warfare Operator (did I get that right) do? Was that a rate or qualification you earned as an AT?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Dixie said:
Excuse my ignorance, the brunt of my last 15 years was spent screwing up reservists service/training/pay record and sending them on active duty. What does an Electronic Warfare Operator (did I get that right) do? Was that a rate or qualification you earned as an AT?
AT or AE earned a qualification as an EWOP.

B

Bruzilla

VP-5 1980-1985
ASWOC Bermuda 1985-1988
USS Saratoga 1988-1989
NSWC White Oak - 1989-1992 (contractor)
SPAWAR 1992-2001 (contractor)
NAVAIR 2001-2004 (contractor)

I used to do a lot of work with the TAR folks up at the RATCEN at NAS Willow Grove.

D

Dixie

Bruzilla said:
VP-5 1980-1985
ASWOC Bermuda 1985-1988
USS Saratoga 1988-1989
NSWC White Oak - 1989-1992 (contractor)
SPAWAR 1992-2001 (contractor)
NAVAIR 2001-2004 (contractor)

I used to do a lot of work with the TAR folks up at the RATCEN at NAS Willow Grove.

NSWC White Oak - right around the corner from Naval Reserve Center Adelphi MD wasn't it? That was a nice little base, we used to do PT there.

D

Dixie

DoWhat said:
AT or AE earned a qualification as an EWOP.

Ahhh, then I did know people that studied/attempted to qualify for that. I understand it was quite a milestone.

Toxick

Splat
Club'nBabySeals said:
Pause. Choose your own adventure.

Who do YOU want carrying your lame @zz out of that foxhole?

A. A 200 lb. Marine who could bench press 8 of you...
B. A 120 lb. Marine who might break her nail if she tries to lift you...

C. 195 lb. PFC Matilda Warnarski who weighs less than the average male infantry, but has still beaten them all arm-rasslin, and chipped a tooth last night by opening a beer bottle with her mouth. Wouldn't want to shower with her - but I wouldn't mind being in a fox-hole with her.

So I pick A & C.

:biggrin:

likitysplit

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!

Bruzilla said:
So... were you a YN? I was an AW.

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner.........

Bruzilla, the hood comes off.!!! Imagine that........YOU were an AW!!!???

No way in hell I would I have ever guessed that!!

During my 3 years in Little Creek with SDV-2, we had the 60 pilots flying us around on exercise and there were these two AW's that were in the crew. Well it was so funny, if you walked up behind the two LT's and AW's you had no idea who was who (measuring verbal ego of course) until they turned around and you saw the name tag.....boom, one had the wings the other had the big 'ole AC starin' at ya!!! AC(aircrew)(enlisted)

I take back all the insults in our other posts we've swapped, because it all rings true now........you act EXACTLY like an AW............The light is so blinding, where are my shades?

For those reading the post that may be unfamiliar with the terminology we are using, let me break it down for you........

AW's (enlisted) dress like the officers (wear their flight suits for appeal), talk like the officers, act like the officers, eat with the officers, drink with the officers.....except one thing.......

They are not PILOTS, they only THINK they are..........

Cheerleader=Pilot
Drill team = AW

Seriously though, we really appreciate the ride...................

DISCLAIMER

*I was a PN2(AW/SW/PJ/DV) so I can pick on him, he understands......

BTW, Dixie YN's are what kept the officers ass's out of trouble (not you Bruzilla, you were enlisted) Thanks for your service........

Only the squids on this forum will truly appreciate this post!!!!