Gun Club/Range Recommendations

bohman

Any updates on this?

As of last week, he was waiting on another review for the loan process. The real estate side of things (perc test, etc.) seems to be lined up. If he can get the money, it's a go.

I'd love to see it happen.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
As of last week, he was waiting on another review for the loan process. The real estate side of things (perc test, etc.) seems to be lined up. If he can get the money, it's a go.

I'd love to see it happen.

Thanks for the update.

Bonehead

Thanks

It's $180.00 for 2012/2013 with some much needed changes in screening members, range conduct and infrastructure improvements. The club took 59 wait list candidates last year and have raised the membership cap to 600 this year. So there is a great chance for new members this year but of course you have to actually apply instead of biatch.

Expectation the club will be fully operational again this summer and better than ever in so many respects. I wouldn't advise tossing your slot and rolling the dice on something else that doesn't exist but then that's just me.

TR

A little information goes a long way. I am a member of Sanner's and have been from 1980, just sayin' and waiting for it to reopen. It should be so by
August, the work is ongoing.

:buddies:

But not while shooting of course.

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Semi-auto rifle in 7.62 or larger, best choices?

Thinking long range accuracy, want to kill a lot of paper at long range.

And a range to shoot it at....

E

EmptyTimCup

That's the reason I'm going to move out in the sticks when I retire.

I want to be able to shoot out the bathroom window, out the back door if its raining - or off the porch :whistle:

E

EmptyTimCup

I am looking to get an M1A Scout

Chris0nllyn

I'm getting a Mosin Nagant for my birthday.

7.62x54R

Bolt action though :(

FN FAL Shoots 7.62 NATO (7.62x51). 20rd mag. $1200 for an American made DSA FAL

AR-10 Shoots 7.62 NATO. 20 Rd. mag. .308 ARs are around $1,000 depending on all the options you opt in or out of.

HK-91. $900 you can get a US made HK-91 (Ptr-91).

M-14. M-14s go for about $1200 for a Springfield, higher for GI and lower for Norinco clones.

AK-47

SKS

Winchester Model 100 (Just make sure you get one fixed under recall)

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'm getting a Mosin Nagant for my birthday.

7.62x54R

Bolt action though :(

FN FAL Shoots 7.62 NATO (7.62x51). 20rd mag. $1200 for an American made DSA FAL

AR-10 Shoots 7.62 NATO. 20 Rd. mag. .308 ARs are around $1,000 depending on all the options you opt in or out of.

HK-91. $900 you can get a US made HK-91 (Ptr-91).

M-14. M-14s go for about $1200 for a Springfield, higher for GI and lower for Norinco clones.

AK-47

SKS

Winchester Model 100 (Just make sure you get one fixed under recall)

I was just looking at some M4 replacements.. The Bushmaster ACR, and the HK 416/417.. Holy crap $$$$$$$

Maybe instead of the Porsche for my birthday this year....

Chris0nllyn

I have a Chinese Type 53 and a Finnish M39

the T53 is a fun little shooter, the M39 is great but has a very stiff trigger

Nice. I plan on getting the run of the mill 91/30. Possibly sporterize it a bit, or get a second one and do it to that one.

I was just looking at some M4 replacements.. The Bushmaster ACR, and the HK 416/417.. Holy crap $$$$$$$

Maybe instead of the Porsche for my birthday this year....

Bushmasters are very nice though! My cousin just got a Stag AR-15, and loves it.

Silverado gun show in this weekend at the Showplace Arena BTW.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Development of citizenship marksmanship...

Bought my first rifle from them when I was 15... Remington 540. I took out out of the box at the beginning of the season, paid $100 for it at the end, I was the only person that had ever fired it when I bought it, granted I put a few thousand rounds through it that one season (DCM also paid for most of our ammo too, as well as

nutz

DPMS LR-308
STAG 3G
Saiga (depending on model, can be very economical to purchase)

dustin

UAIOE
DPMS LR-308
STAG 3G
Saiga (depending on model, can be very economical to purchase)

Saw one of these "Super" VEPRs (in .308) at the Chantilly gun show a while back.... very cool :yay:

Russian Super VEPR .308 Rifle w/ 21" BBL - Long Guns

I hesitate to mention the Tackle Box, but last time I was there I saw a nice used .308 Remington semi (7400?)with a scope already on it... flush fit mag... IIRC $350 bucks. It was on the floor rack... wood stocks

Remington Model 7400 (Rem. 7400)