Gun Club/Range Recommendations

Chris0nllyn

there was a nice tan used one @ the Upper Marlboro Show this past weekend

The one for $2600?

The show wasn't that great at all. Many things at, or above retail.

Saw someone selling a Hi-Point C9 for $250 :killingme

I did buy my girlfriend a Marlin 60 .22LR. Buddy had a scope laying around so I put that on. Haven't had time to sight it in, but surprisingly she liked it.

She did ask if she could paint it pink though...:whistle:

I found a used Uncle Mike's IWB holster that fit my gun for $3, and got a 15rd magazine for $27. The tag said $28, and all I had on me was $27. The guy almost let me walk away.

E

EmptyTimCup

yeah the show wasn't all that .......

there was a pink 20 [stock] and I think a .22 with a pink stock as well

and I bought a $20 Raffle ticket for the $ 6000 in guns

TreeRat

Always a Good Target
A little information goes a long way. I am a member of Sanner's and have been from 1980, just sayin' and waiting for it to reopen. It should be so by
August, the work is ongoing.

:buddies:

But not while shooting of course.

I have no idea what this was supposed to even mean.

TR

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
It's $180.00 for 2012/2013 with some much needed changes in screening members, range conduct and infrastructure improvements. The club took 59 wait list candidates last year and have raised the membership cap to 600 this year. So there is a great chance for new members this year but of course you have to actually apply instead of biatch.

Expectation the club will be fully operational again this summer and better than ever in so many respects. I wouldn't advise tossing your slot and rolling the dice on something else that doesn't exist but then that's just me.

TR

Exactly, most people who complain about the waiting list aren't even on it. All I can say is when I joined the wait wasn't anywhere near as long as people made it sound.

Bonehead

Not meant to be cryptic

I have no idea what this was supposed to even mean.

TR

The info was correct 180$ membership per year, special assessment of most likely 250$ for repair work to the range. The smilie was a beer one and the the beer and the range do not mix. Is that clear now ?

NextJen

Raisin cane
The SO and I have toyed with the idea of setting up a modified shipping container on the back portion of our property as our own private shooting range.

Pushrod

Patriot
The SO and I have toyed with the idea of setting up a modified shipping container on the back portion of our property as our own private shooting range.

You'd have to set up some heavy duty exhaust fans on the unit to get rid of moisture and lead dust. I'm not sure how you would set up the bullet trap.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
You'd have to set up some heavy duty exhaust fans on the unit to get rid of moisture and lead dust. I'm not sure how you would set up the bullet trap.

Not necessarily..

If you are shooting from outside of the box, and using it as a trap..

Lead dust isn't dangerous unless you are standing in an unventilated range where they are putting a couple thousand rounds down range in a short period of time..

The range I shot at as a kid (at least twice a week for a few years) wasn't well ventilated but we were only in the "range" while we were actually shooting, and only shot about 100 rounds per day, in 10 - 20 shot increments.

A police officer died in his sleep (drowned) from what they assumed at the time was due to lead exposure, BUT he spent the entire day inside the shooting range while hundreds of fellow officers qualified/ practiced. Thousands of rounds in less than an 8 hour period of non-stop exposure.

I wouldn't think a shipping container wouldn't need fans, or scrubbers as required for indoor ranges today, but would put in cross ventilation (holes), and NOT shoot inside the container with the doors closed (or open for that matter).

I've also shot in "indoor" tank ranges.. where the tank was under cover, and the targets were under cover, but between the two were a lot of open uncovered ground.. If you shot at say 1500 meters, you shot through the covered 250M, 500M and 1000M covered shooting spots, and into the covered/ enclosed target area. All the benefits of indoor range shooting, with no concerns about airquality.

We lost THOUSANDS of indoor ranges in the US due to the EPA and OSHA rules for venting and scrubbers, and in probably >90% of the cases the requirements were total overkill.. not enough rounds downrange in a given period to be a concern. (for example, almost EVERY national guard and Reserve unit had an indoor range.. SMALL, two position MAYBE three.. no way to get enough rounds downrange to cause harm, but the requirements were too expensive to implement.. and actually closing the ranges, and recovering the area for workspace was to costly. HAZMAT remediation removing the sand and lead from the traps was too $$ so several of the centers still have the ranges, they're all just padlocked and abandoned.

Last edited: