Gun confiscation in New York has begun

BOP

A Form of Gun Confiscation Has Reportedly Begun in New York State — Here’s the Justification Being Used | TheBlaze.com

Despite promises from the president and a host of other politicians who are pushing for more gun control that nobody is coming for your guns, the confiscation of guns and gun permits has apparently started in some form in New York State. One attorney representing several people who have been forced to surrender their guns spoke with TheBlaze and alerted us to some disturbing facts:

Gun owners are losing their 2nd Amendment rights without due process.
HIPAA Laws are likely being compromised and the 4th and 5th Amendments are being violated in some of these cases

How did confiscation start happening so quickly? Apparently the gun grabbing was triggered by something inside the NY SAFE Act — New York’s new gun law — that has a provision apparently mandating confiscation of weapons and permits if someone has been prescribed psychotropic drugs.

MadDogMarine

How did confiscation start happening so quickly? Apparently the gun grabbing was triggered by something inside the NY SAFE Act — New York’s new gun law — that has a provision apparently mandating confiscation of weapons and permits if someone has been prescribed psychotropic drugs.[/I]

This has been in the planning stages for a long time.

That short phrase, “protect the public’s health and well being” is probably going to be cited as the reason governments can require notification of any gun owner who is prescribed a class of drugs used to treat Depression and Anxiety known as SSRI ( Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors).

And this is just the beginning. All children who have been diagnosed ADHD are to be on the list as well as all veterans with PTSD or PTSD symptoms.
The Obama care consolidates all the medical records into one database for immediate access for anyone that wants a gun.

The reason I am writing this article is because of a new bill which has just been passed in the House of Representatives and is on its way through the Senate. The bill would place any veterans with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder on a federal gun ban list. What veteran of war does not suffer from P.T.S.D.? Veterans who have nightmares about the war are automatically assigned this label. This would leave the power to disarm citizens in the hands of psychologists, not judges or juries. The bill also applies to anyone who has ever been diagnosed with A.D.H.D. as a child, and to anyone who has Alzheimer's disease. The bill describes such people: "adjudicated as a mental defective".
Pending U.S. Law Against ADHD, Alzheimers, and PTSD Victims Ownership Of Guns

Ritalin is a amphetamine type schedule II drug(controlled substance). It's in the same category as most opiate based narcotics. It's serious stuff. I wish parents would think more about what they put their kids on instead of just trusting the Doc or school officials.

nomoney

A Form of Gun Confiscation Has Reportedly Begun in New York State — Here’s the Justification Being Used | TheBlaze.com

Despite promises from the president and a host of other politicians who are pushing for more gun control that nobody is coming for your guns, the confiscation of guns and gun permits has apparently started in some form in New York State. One attorney representing several people who have been forced to surrender their guns spoke with TheBlaze and alerted us to some disturbing facts:

Gun owners are losing their 2nd Amendment rights without due process.
HIPAA Laws are likely being compromised and the 4th and 5th Amendments are being violated in some of these cases

How did confiscation start happening so quickly? Apparently the gun grabbing was triggered by something inside the NY SAFE Act — New York’s new gun law — that has a provision apparently mandating confiscation of weapons and permits if someone has been prescribed psychotropic drugs.

Can you post news that isn't 7 months old?

mamatutu

mama to two
We have seen this/read about confiscations here and there that did not make sense, and were worrisome, to say the least. Even though America is the greatest Republic in the history of the world, it does not mean it cannot be changed/taken over. There is a lot of patriotism and vigilance, but at the same time, there is, also, a lot of complacency and dependency. America was not founded on complacency and dependency. There lies the problem, that may do us in. There are too many, now, that are complacent and dependent.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
the NY SAFE Act — New York’s new gun law — that has a provision apparently mandating confiscation of weapons and permits if someone has been prescribed psychotropic drugs.

Um, someone is going to have to make the case as to why it's a bad idea to take guns away from psychos.

So let's think about this:

They legalize drugs; then pass a law that says you cannot own a gun if you are on drugs; then everyone in the US is left unarmed....except for me.

I like it so far.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Um, someone is going to have to make the case as to why it's a bad idea to take guns away from psychos.

They legalize drugs; then pass a law that says you cannot own a gun if you are on drugs; then everyone in the US is left unarmed....except for me.

I like it so far.

Then they got rid of the sick, the so-called incurables. - I remember a conversation I had with a person who claimed to be a Christian. He said: Perhaps it's right, these incurably sick people just cost the state money, they are just a burden to themselves and to others. Isn't it best for all concerned if they are taken out of the middle [of society]?

:popcorn:

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
We have seen this/read about confiscations here and there that did not make sense, and were worrisome, to say the least. Even though America is the greatest Republic in the history of the world, it does not mean it cannot be changed/taken over. There is a lot of patriotism and vigilance, but at the same time, there is, also, a lot of complacency and dependency. America was not founded on complacency and dependency. There lies the problem, that may do us in. There are too many, now, that are complacent and dependent.

lol! The epitome of tediousness.

mamatutu

mama to two

I like it so far.

You don't get it, vrai. People that are prescribed meds for depression, adhd, sleep problems, anxiety, etc. which does not make someone psychotic, will be deprived of guns because of Big Brother. You can't tell me that someone you know has never been on any of those meds. At some point, it will keep them from owning a gun. It used to be that felons couldn't own a gun, but now, in the future, it will be law abiding Americans that just needed some meds to get them through whatever. It is all a crock.

mamatutu

mama to two
lol! The epitome of tediousness.

Poor baby. I, totally, understand from your posts that tediousness makes you tired, and all you can manage is your inane posts about Obama, and his liberal lemmings. I feel sorry for you. You were swallowed.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Then they got rid of the sick, the so-called incurables. - I remember a conversation I had with a person who claimed to be a Christian. He said: Perhaps it's right, these incurably sick people just cost the state money, they are just a burden to themselves and to others. Isn't it best for all concerned if they are taken out of the middle [of society]?

There is a logical and legitimate case to be made for this. People don't like to talk about it because it's considered mean and uncaring, but our caveman ancestors didn't keep the lame and sick around because it weakened the tribe as a whole.

But that's not what we're talking about here: we're talking about keeping guns out of the hands of people who are known mentally unstable. Make the case that that's a bad idea.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You don't get it, vrai. People that are prescribed meds for depression, adhd, sleep problems, anxiety, etc. which does not make someone psychotic, will be deprived of guns because of Big Brother. You can't tell me that someone you know has never been on any of those meds. At some point, it will keep them from owning a gun. It used to be that felons couldn't own a gun, but now, in the future, it will be law abiding Americans that just needed some meds to get them through whatever. It is all a crock.

The psychos I know that take a plethora of mental meds to get through the day and sleep at night, I'm totally okay with them not having access to guns.

MadDogMarine

There is a logical and legitimate case to be made for this. People don't like to talk about it because it's considered mean and uncaring, but our caveman ancestors didn't keep the lame and sick around because it weakened the tribe as a whole.

But that's not what we're talking about here: we're talking about keeping guns out of the hands of people who are known mentally unstable. Make the case that that's a bad idea.

we're talking about keeping guns out of the hands of people who are known mentally unstable.

You do not know what you are talking about, simply because no one can give a "clinical or objective diagnosis" as to what is mental instability. I have posted on this before??

Psychotherapist Gary Greenberg, of New London, Conn., has written about the DSM for more than a decade and says the DSM disorders are "simply collections of symptoms that some experts agree constitute mental illnesses. There's not a single diagnosis in DSM that lives up to the standards of medical diseases."

"If I as a therapist tell you (that) you have a mental disorder, it's not the same thing as my telling you you have diabetes or cancer because diabetes and cancer are diseases that can be confirmed through biochemical findings. They meet the requirements for a disease in the way we generally think of a disease. There is not a single disorder in DSM-5 or any DSM that does that," says Greenberg, author of The Book of Woe: The DSM and the Unmaking of Psychiatry, out earlier this month.

You want someone's 2nd amendment rights terminated based upon some voodoo "opinion" that is nothing more than a subjective idea from a so called medical establishment that has long ago expressed it's disdain for guns ??? UFB!
JAMA Network | JAMA Psychiatry | Public Safety, Mental Disorders, and Guns
Violence is a complex, multicausal phenomenon, and its prevention requires attention to the means used to perpetrate violence; in the United States of the 21st century, that means guns. Pointing the finger at people with mental illness as the cause of the problem of violence in this country is misleading, counterproductive, and just plain mean.
Don't blame the perpetrator, blame the gun!

As we debate the steps to reducing gun violence in the society a couple points need to be understood: 1. The link between violent crime and mental illness is weak, and 2. Mental health professionals are poor at predicting anyone’s propensity for any specific behavior, including homicide
Guns and Mental Health | Psychology Today

mamatutu

mama to two
You just quoted one that has guns....:coffee:

You don't even know me, Hank. I take no meds. I don't sleep during the day. And, if you ever need my help, which I offered before, I retract it. Go play with your bunny ears.

Guns are a good thing. And, vrai already said she owns guns. If you don't have guns, you are a dumdum. And, it really has nothing to do with the current debate about gun possession/rights. A gun may mean whether you eat, or not. You never know what can happen.

And, just to be on the safe side of the Obama/liberals, we increased our guns by threefold. I will consider protecting you, Hank, if you decide to be nice to me. :lol:

Last edited:

mamatutu

mama to two
The psychos I know that take a plethora of mental meds to get through the day and sleep at night, I'm totally okay with them not having access to guns.

Well, aren't you the lucky one that you can diagnose the psychos, and, therefore, I would deduct that you are privy to the plethora of meds they take. Good for you, vrai. :yay: I thought you, from what you post, had distanced yourself from anyone you didn't feel was "normal". :lol:

Last edited:

musiclady

If those that have sought help from a professional EVER in their lives lose their right to bear arms, then won't that just push people away from getting help? I thought we wanted people to seek help if needed? And military should be able to seek help in processing PTSD or any problems dealing with re-entry to civilian life without the added burden of wondering how that help with penalize them later.

mamatutu

mama to two
If those that have sought help from a professional EVER in their lives lose their right to bear arms, then won't that just push people away from getting help? I thought we wanted people to seek help if needed? And military should be able to seek help in processing PTSD or any problems dealing with re-entry to civilian life without the added burden of wondering how that help with penalize them later.

Exactly. That is how convoluted it has all become. Think about it. How can you deny arms to the military that has defended America? It is a bunch of crap, which is the progressive agenda, and, right now, Obama is leading that parade. What is up with taking the most high ranking officers out of commission, lately. And, no one really talks about it. There have been threads on here, but it is not in the forefront of the main stream media.