Gun Confiscations Underway

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
From a friend of mine..this just in:

My sister and brother in law just had their house raided yesterday by the MD state police. My sister works at Pax naval airbase and holds a clearance for a high level govt job. My brother in law is a Army veteran that was treated for depression only several years ago. They just had their weapons confiscated. My brother in law has never been institutionalized and never diagnosed with PTSD . Who decides this? This is ridiculous and a violation of their constitutional rights. They took everything in both of their names . On a brighter note, the NRA was contacted and have them $2500 immediately to get a lawyer. We will see how this plays out. I am disgusted with this countries treatment of our veterans.....

WTF???

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Hopefully they have contacted some local news outlet to report this?

Chris0nllyn

Based on the small amount of info, I'd assume it's because he was treated for depression.

Unfortunately, laws like this will only make some folks think twice before getting help so they don't lose their rights to own weapons.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Depression in the eyes of liberal despots is joyful celebration of rights of most people.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Based on the small amount of info, I'd assume it's because he was treated for depression.

Unfortunately, laws like this will only make some folks think twice before getting help so they don't lose their rights to own weapons.

Tens of Millions have been "treated for depression". I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression that a diagnosis of "clear threat to self or others" had to be a part of any clinical opinion before the storm troopers were dispatched.

I'm keeping an eye out for the first news reports. I'm sure they will be forthcoming shortly.

Last edited:

TPD

the poor dad
Tens of Millions have been "treated for depression". I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression that a diagnosis of "clear threat to self or others" had to be a part of any clinical opinion before the storm troopers were dispatched.

And I thought it had to go before a judge. :shrug:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
anyone whoever had a prescription for

Anxiety
ADD / ADHD

casually mentioned to thier doctor@ 45, they had thoughts of suicide as a teen

Chris0nllyn

I'm keeping an eye out for the first news reports. I'm sure they will be forthcoming shortly.

None of us know the details, but SB281 has mental health provisions in it.

Those under a court ordered Involuntary Commitment must surrender any firearms in their possession if the attending physician deems it appropriate.
Once surrendered, the weapons cannot be returned until the individual is granted relief through the State Health Department after meeting several criteria for removing the disqualification stipulation.

Those who have been found “Not Criminally Responsible” are disqualified.

Those who have been voluntarily or involuntarily patient for 30 consecutive days or more are disqualified.

Those who have been declared unable to possess a firearm by a court based upon credible evidence of their dangerousness to others are disqualified.

Those under the protection of a guardian appointed by a court are disqualified.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
None of us know the details, but SB281 has mental health provisions in it.

Those under a court ordered Involuntary Commitment must surrender any firearms in their possession if the attending physician deems it appropriate.
Once surrendered, the weapons cannot be returned until the individual is granted relief through the State Health Department after meeting several criteria for removing the disqualification stipulation.

Those who have been found “Not Criminally Responsible” are disqualified.

Those who have been voluntarily or involuntarily patient for 30 consecutive days or more are disqualified.

Those who have been declared unable to possess a firearm by a court based upon credible evidence of their dangerousness to others are disqualified.

Those under the protection of a guardian appointed by a court are disqualified.

Well its obvious that most of those do not apply..it will certainly be interesting to find out what they did take action on.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Whatever that "more" is..it's obviously not known to the most immediate family members.

Think about that.

This isn't any different than when someone comes on these forums :bawl::tantrum: that their child was suspended from school and when someone asks them why, they disappear.

But when there's a gun on the story, people on this forum lose all sense and logic and immediately cry "tyranny".

Maybe the guns were confiscated in the course of an ongoing criminal investigation.

Maybe the gun owner made an explicit threat and there was a court order.

We don't have all or any of the facts yet everyone's already drawing conclusions -- solely because they're pro-gun conservatives who don't like gun laws.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Hopefully they have contacted some local news outlet to report this?

Reporters are going to ask questions. If the person has something to hide, they won't answer questions.

We'll see how that plays out.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
This isn't any different than when someone comes on these forums :bawl::tantrum: that their child was suspended from school and when someone asks them why, they disappear.

But when there's a gun on the story, people on this forum lose all sense and logic and immediately cry "tyranny".

Maybe the guns were confiscated in the course of an ongoing criminal investigation.

Maybe the gun owner made an explicit threat and there was a court order.

We don't have all or any of the facts yet everyone's already drawing conclusions -- solely because they're pro-gun conservatives who don't like gun laws.

You spitball to an incredible degree..but you really suck at it. Just sayin...it looks almost desperate. No wait...it looks purely desperate.:howdy: