Gun turn in 5/11/13

Chris0nllyn

I'm not an FFL it would be a private sale... Would that still apply ( today)?

If it's unregulated, yes.

It's always a good idea to get a bill of sale written up with the sellers info, and gun serial number. I usually try and get a copy of their driver's license also.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Anyone have photos or videos of the turnout for this abortion? Would be interesting to see if it's similar to the turnout in Annapolis for the pro-abortion, anti-gun, etc. protests.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
All of a whopping five handguns taken in Southern Maryland. Didn't notice that any of the long guns were sawed off to a "gonna use this in a robbery" size either.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
:killingme:killingme I know I feel much safer now that a few old rifles and shotguns are no longer in circulation.

Goldenhawk

From the linked SMNewsNet story:
Each weapon will be checked to see if it was reported stolen and possibly used in a crime.
Told ya so. That's exactly why criminals generally don't show up to these events to turn in crime-related guns.

In Leonardtown, it was a whopping seven long guns, and two handguns. No "assault weapons" were turned in there. Overall, just one out of 20 turned out to be stolen - from Texas, no less. So 19 legal and valuable self-defense and hunting weapons were turned in, and (so far) nothing related to local crime was accomplished.

Wow, that sure took a lot of crime off the streets. Not.