Gyros???

ontheriver

Niko's!!!!!

Souvlaki (sp?) best thing ever!

I crave them at times and MUST HAVE.

I remember when they first opened. And I remember when they remodeled.
Same tables are there today!

I'll definitely be there this weekend, now that the thought has planted itself!

ontheriver

ya know,

OMG! :drool:

And let's not forget little Emily's - it's not just for lumpia anymore.

I've always heard about Emily's lumpia, but somehow never been there.

Duh!!

My mother used to make lumpia when I was but a child, and I loved it.

MUST FOLLOW THROUGH, this weekend when I get my souvlaki......:evil:

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
Is there anyplace in St. Marys to get a good Gyros?

Jerry's on Great Mills Road has Gyros too. They are pretty good imo... Pretty messy, but I order them without onions since they like to smoother them with 'em! I think they are only $4.95 still. One of the better prices. :jerry:

Lilypad

Parthenon Restaurant (Forest Dr.) and Chris' Charcoal Pit (1946 West St.) in Annapolis-both have the best gyros, freshest pita bread and delicious saganaki and taramasalata!:drool:

ontheriver

got my souvlaki!!!!

:yahoo::yahoo:
Nothing beats it!

Stopped by Emily's too and got the lumpia.:drool:
Had to share with girl child. She is such a brat....

So vrai, where's my smilie that pops......

Zguy28

I've always heard about Emily's lumpia, but somehow never been there.

Duh!!

My mother used to make lumpia when I was but a child, and I loved it.

MUST FOLLOW THROUGH, this weekend when I get my souvlaki......:evil:
Anybody know where I can buy some lumpia wraps around St. Mary's?

Trying to surprise my little woman with her favorite food, but I can't find them anywhere.

I know the commissary used to have them, but can't get on base to get them.

Jigglepuff

Chin Jiggla!

Trying to surprise my little woman with her favorite food, but I can't find them anywhere.

The Sari-Sari store off of Great Mills road should have it also. I can make a mean spring roll man.

BernieP

Resident PIA

Try Shoppers as well, fairly large ethnic food section

Wenchy

Hot Flash

Are you looking for the wrappers so she can make her own or the product you deep fry that's already rolled?

I would NOT be happy if you brought me wraps. I would be okay with frozen and I have to prepare.

Surprise her with already made and HOT.

Call Emily's. (301) 737-5232

Zguy28

Are you looking for the wrappers so she can make her own or the product you deep fry that's already rolled?

I would NOT be happy if you brought me wraps. I would be okay with frozen and I have to prepare.

Surprise her with already made and HOT.

Call Emily's. (301) 737-5232
I'm making them from scratch for her. I've made them before, just need to find a local place that sells the wrappers.

FYI, Shopper's FW does not. They sell lot's of Latin American goods, but not Eastern.

EDIT: What kind of idiot would just give his woman the wrappers and be like "Surprise! Now you can make me some lumpia!" ?? That's like giving her a vacuum for your anniversary.

Last edited:

Wenchy

Hot Flash

I'm making them from scratch for her. I've made them before, just need to find a local place that sells the wrappers.

FYI, Shopper's FW does not. They sell lot's of Latin American goods, but not Eastern.

EDIT: What kind of idiot would just give his woman the wrappers and be like "Surprise! Now you can make me some lumpia!" ?? That's like giving her a vacuum for your anniversary.

You are the man! That is some labor intensive loving. :yay:

I tried calling the Sari Sari and Emily's to ask. They must be on Pacific time because nobody answered at either place.

Sari Sari and the Oriental Market have the frozen product which I have purchased and fried up. They are good.

Wonton wrappers are the closest I've found here. Food Lion had them in the produce section a ways back...wonton, not lumpia, but could probably make do.

Now, I want kimchi...dangit!

RPMDAD

In a past life.
Memories from the past lived outside of Athens Greece in Kiffissia for 3 years. Souvlaki A Numero uno, and i don't think they make it any more FIX beer. Not sure of the spelling had a pine taste.