H-eeeeere's Johnny!

Steve

Enjoying life!
Originally posted by SmallTown
If they don't don't express their views to you, you support them regardless of what their underlying political beliefs may be)

Are you missing something here, like a hippocampus? I give everyone the opportunity to reveal their viewpoints to me. It is only after that occurs that I decide whether to continue liking them or to forget about them. Isn't that how we choose our friends, our lovers, our role models?

Now that I know what Depp and Ford think, I find it very difficult to continue to support their income. That's all.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Steve
Now that I know what Depp and Ford think, I find it very difficult to continue to support their income. That's all.
But WHY? :bawl: WHY, Steve? :bawl: This is AMERICA and you shouldn't have the right to express your opinion by withholding money from people just because THEY express their opinion! That's CENSORSHIP!!! :bawl:

DUH DUH DUH!!!!! :duh: I think someone cut ST's trunkline too.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by vraiblonde
ST, this has been explained over and over to you. The possiblity that you'll understand it at some point is getting more and more unlikely.

No. It is quite simple. I really doubt the Dixie Chicks changed their views right before Nat made the comment about Bush. She probably felt that way for quite sometime, and up until that point all the people who now say they will never support their music were joyously buying and listening to their music.
All I am saying is people take great comfort in "not knowing". That is all.

SmallTown

Football season!
But WHY? :bawl: WHY, Steve? :bawl: This is AMERICA and you shouldn't have the right to express your opinion by withholding money from people just because THEY express their opinion! That's CENSORSHIP!!! :bawl:

This has nothing to do with censorship. If you like to fish, watch Bass Masters, otherwise stay on the subject. Thanks.

Steve

Enjoying life!
Originally posted by SmallTown
I really doubt the Dixie Chicks changed their views right before Nat made the comment about Bush. She probably felt that way for quite sometime, and up until that point all the people who now say they will never support their music were joyously buying and listening to their music.

Yeah, and now that we know, we don't view her the same way! Now I wish that someone would force them to give us back whatever money we spent on the CD's in the past!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This has nothing to do with censorship.
Hello, sweetie pie? It has everything to do with censorship because that's what the libs are screaming about when we boycott leftist celebrities.

All I am saying is people take great comfort in "not knowing". That is all.
I have no intention of going on a quest to find out the beliefs of every entertainer in the world. I appreciate it when they volunteer the information. I'm lazy that way.

SmallTown

Football season!
I have no intention of going on a quest to find out the beliefs of every entertainer in the world. I appreciate it when they volunteer the information. I'm lazy that way.

This is how most people feel, and are happy with that. Me included. Like was mentioned earlier, ignorance is bliss.

I'm surprised that the liberals would call this censorship. They have been advocates of different types of censorship over the years, you would think they would know the difference.

Steve

Enjoying life!
I have never purchased a Ludacris CD. I'm pretty certain I wouldn't like the guy or his music. I have never purchased a book by Hillary Clinton. She has made her views clear; I don't like 'em. I liked the Dixie Chicks, I bought their CD's. Natalie Maines made a statement I didn't like. I don't buy her CDs anymore. Johnny Depp has apologized. If I see him apologize some more, and not to the BBC, or Stern, but maybe in an interview where we can really get a sense of what happened, maybe I'll be a fan again.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Ok, everyone is entitled to express an opinion. The problem with celebrities is they are role models.

My problem w/ Depp is that 1. he's a bad actor, he is only semi popular because he has a look that is appealing to some people :barf: 2. he insulted the whole country, not the leaders, not a few politicians, not a set of laws. He said "America is a dumb puppy."

My problem w/ Britney is 1. she's a sugary sweet teeny bopper and a bad singer 2. her statement that we should support our leaders is naive

My problem w/ Mains is 1. She's got a bad hair cut. 2. There is no 2. She expressed an opinion that she personally doesn't support the war and the presidents position on the war. Lots of people feel the same way. She's entitled to her opinion, although her timing was bad.

I haven't paid attention to Harrison Ford's statements but the one quote above by Steve seems fairly innocent. He's "troubled by the proliferation of guns" Some am I, they are very prolific among criminals. "It obviously contributes greatly to the crime problems we have." Yeah, because the criminals have them. "I'm sure gun laws should be strengthened in the United States. I just don't know the correct mechanism." He misses the boat on the law thing, a mistake a lot of people make because they don't realize that the laws on the books now aren't being enforced, but at least he admits ignorance of the solution.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
I for one will never lust over trailer park Britney again now that she supports dubya.

Yet another "dumb" celebrity who made her political views public

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Several years ago, Brad Pitt did a movie about some guy lost in Tibet. I forget the name. Someone asked him his opinion of the political situation there. His answer was to the effect, "I'm just an actor, what do you care?"

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by cmcdanal
Several years ago, Brad Pitt did a movie about some guy lost in Tibet. I forget the name. Someone asked him his opinion of the political situation there. His answer was to the effect, "I'm just an actor, what do you care?"

I think I'm going to go rent all of his movies now... :biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by cmcdanal
His answer was to the effect, "I'm just an actor, what do you care?"
I loved him after that. But then his ignorant wifelet did a Rolling Stone interview talking about how Brad taunted Jenna Bush (who was interning at their talent agency) with, "Hey Jenna, want a beer?" and similar childishness. So now I don't like him as much. And even if he didn't make the statements as reported by his wife, the fact that he has such poor taste in women is enough to make me look down on him.

Hopefully Jenna replied, "Hey Brad, wanna doobie?"