Hair Color on Eyebrows

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
It says on the instructions NOT to use hair color on your eyebrows, but how else can your eyebrows match your hair color? Has anyone tried this and not gone blind?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
My daughter's natural hair color is dark blonde. When she decided to go for a brunette shade we just used a matching shade of eyebrow pencil so her brows wouldn't look too light for her hair.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
My daughter's natural hair color is dark blonde. When she decided to go for a brunette shade we just used a matching shade of eyebrow pencil so her brows wouldn't look too light for her hair.

Good move, but what if you are going lighter?

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
HAHAHA, I was going to color my hair Saturday morning. Got everything ready, read the instructions (Twice!) then proceeded to pour bottle 3 (instead of bottle 2) into bottle 1, and completely covered my head. Hung out for a few minutes, picked up the instructions AGAIN and when I went to open bottle 3 discovered what I had done. Quickly rinsed everything out real good and shampooed twice. Really thought all my hair was going to fall out, couldn't understand why it started burning. It was over conditioned, which was in bottle 3 instead of the color, but it didn't hurt anything. Nothing hurt but my feelings. Now I have to go buy some more. That stuff is expensive.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
HAHAHA, I was going to color my hair Saturday morning. Got everything ready, read the instructions (Twice!) then proceeded to pour bottle 3 (instead of bottle 2) into bottle 1, and completely covered my head. Hung out for a few minutes, picked up the instructions AGAIN and when I went to open bottle 3 discovered what I had done. Quickly rinsed everything out real good and shampooed twice. Really thought all my hair was going to fall out, couldn't understand why it started burning. It was over conditioned, which was in bottle 3 instead of the color, but it didn't hurt anything. Nothing hurt but my feelings. Now I have to go buy some more. That stuff is expensive.

I did my own curly perm once to save money - won't ever do that again, I fried my hair and it broke off and I was miserable for about 6 months!

jayel

When my daughter did her hair and was trying to find out about her eyebrows we found several different links on the web about how to do it safely.

nobody really

I need a nap
but isn't it the peroxide in the hair color that can make you blind?

coloring your hair isn't like masterbating. Coloring your eyebrows is not something you should do on your own, get a salon to do it, at least if it gets effed up, you can blame someone else. If you do do it at home, please post pics.

just shave them off and make them like Spock.

Last edited:

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I hate to speak up here but....yes you can put it on your eyebrows and goatee if you have one.

Just keep in mind that if you do your own eyebrows at home and end up blind... all of those laboratory rabbits went blind in vain.

suthrncom4t

It says on the instructions NOT to use hair color on your eyebrows, but how else can your eyebrows match your hair color? Has anyone tried this and not gone blind?

I've helped a friend do her hair & eyebrows several times. She just matches her natural color so there isn't much of a change. She's not blind. Just don't let it drip into your eyes. Use the brush side of an eyelash comb/brow brush thing. When the time is up, wipe off the excess w/a napkin & then wash using the conditioner stuff & a washcloth. You'll be fine.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
coloring your hair isn't like masterbating. Coloring your eyebrows is not something you should do on your own, get a salon to do it, at least if it gets effed up, you can blame someone else. If you do do it at home, please post pics.

just shave them off and make them like Spock.

better yet maybe a youtube video? :lmao:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I hate to speak up here but....yes you can put it on your eyebrows and goatee if you have one.

If I have a goatee then we have a problem, although I think My Grandmother did have a problem with unwanted chin hair in her 70's hmmm LOL

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Just keep in mind that if you do your own eyebrows at home and end up blind... all of those laboratory rabbits went blind in vain.

I know was meant as humor and it is funny, but it made me think about all the critters that get messed up when they test products on them ..... seems like that would be against the law by now?

I know was meant as humor and it is funny, but it made me think about all the critters that get messed up when they test products on them ..... seems like that would be against the law by now?
It wasn't meant to be funny as much as true... they can explicitly warn you that you will go blind if you get it in your eyes because they have tested it on living eyeballs. If you ignore the results of the testing than it was done in vain.

Yes, animal testing still occurs.