hair salons around lusby area

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I wanted to know if there are any good salons around that arent too pricey. thanks!

Depends on what you want. IMO there are no good salons in Lusby or Solomons. Pricey doesn't mean good either, which is why I included Solomons.

If it's just a "kid cut" then you can hit any one of the local clip joints. If it's for a "guys" cut, try the barber shop in Lex. Pk. You also might like the hair salon at JC Penney in Wildewood.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
I know of one possibly opening in the shopping center too. Once the paper work gets approved I will let you know.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Depends on what you mean pricey. I love Scalped Salon in Prince Frederick. It's about $50 for a haircut. Very good, experienced stylists. Very clean, run professionally and they treat you extremely well.

Scalped Salon and Spa

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
You know what I really hate :boo:

...being charged "Xtra" because I have long hair. I have no more hair trimmed off than anyone else, usually it takes less time because I don't care it they "sink it wet" (shampoo) or "spray it damp" before cutting....but that charge hits the register no matter what.

jsouthan

I wanted to know if there are any good salons around that arent too pricey. thanks!

When I lived down there, I went to Hair Port, which is in the shopping center with Woodburn's. I guess this is technically Solomon's but when your in Calvert County, anything within 10 minutes is just around the corner. I don't know if everyone there is good, but I went to Shawna and she always did a good job. The cuts were somewhere around $35, I think.

jsouthan

anyone know about the new micheal angelos in lusby?

I don't know about the one in Lusby, but I go to the one in Huntingtown and they do a great job. I think the pictures on their web page are meant to show their more "new age" or edgier 'dos. They are very good about doing a re-cut, too if your cut just isn't working for you (which I have only had to do once, just to have some more layers put in) free of charge. I did have a friend that went there with her daughter and they both had really cute haircuts. I wouldn't hesitate to go there. To give you an idea of price, a shampoo, cut and style at the Huntingtown location is $40. I would imagine it is about the same.

morris63

When I lived down there, I went to Hair Port, which is in the shopping center with Woodburn's. I guess this is technically Solomon's but when your in Calvert County, anything within 10 minutes is just around the corner. I don't know if everyone there is good, but I went to Shawna and she always did a good job. The cuts were somewhere around $35, I think.

If you would like a great price with excellent stylists over the bridge into St. Mary's, try Creative Touch in Leonardtown. There cuts short or long are all $30. If you get a chemical service it is $25. You can't beat the price for going to the tropics. The whole theme inside is tropical. It was so relaxed and spread out. I spent 3 hours there getting my hair done, spa manicure/pedicure and a fantastic facial. They will even wash your hair after a facial. Their facials are all organic and the products are so reasonable to purchase. I treat myself once a month. Next month I will be using the steam sauna followed up with a 60 minute swedish massage. Treat yourself and stop in at Creative Touch Salon, Spa and Fitness, you will not be disappointed.

molly_21

I do not know were you work, but I work over in St. Mary's side (but live in Lusby) and I find I have better luck with hairdressers on St. Mary's side than in Lusby. I go to Unique Chic in San Souci and they have good people over there. I have found the Unique Chic in Solomon's the last time I went there was not great.

cdsulhoff

I do not know were you work, but I work over in St. Mary's side (but live in Lusby) and I find I have better luck with hairdressers on St. Mary's side than in Lusby. I go to Unique Chic in San Souci and they have good people over there. I have found the Unique Chic in Solomon's the last time I went there was not great.

I would not trust anyone from any Unique chic! Especially the one in Solomons. I don't trust them to cut my boys hair let alone mine!!!!

It is very hard to find that ONE good hairdresser that will do a good job! But when you do stay with that one person.

TexasSunflower

Support Our Troops!
Ok I go to MichaelAngelo's in Lusby and absolutely love them! They are very friendly and no you do not walk out of there looking like one of them! The shampoo girl is great! It's like getting a mini massage at the shampoo bowl! It's a little pricey but well worth it! I go to stephanie and she does an excellent job.

molly_21

I would not trust anyone from any Unique chic! Especially the one in Solomons. I don't trust them to cut my boys hair let alone mine!!!!

It is very hard to find that ONE good hairdresser that will do a good job! But when you do stay with that one person.

Trust me, most people do stay with one person if they can. That is why I said the one in San Souci. I stick with one girl in there, but if she is not there on the day I would to go in, the rest are pretty good as far as walking in. I have never had a good hairdresser in Solomon's.
There are so many hairdressers in the Calvert/St.Mary's area I can understand how it can be hard to find a good hairdresser/barber. It took my husband a long time to find a good barber that won't mess his hair up.

me123

Castellions in Lexington Park is really good! I get my hair done there and I've been going to my girl for 5 years! They are great, professional but love to have fun! I love my hairstyliest! I need to get my hair done now and i still get compliments on my cut, or color.