Hair up there

Up until last year I had what I consider very nice hair, full and curly and didn't have to spend much time on it all.

Last year I decided to cut it all off to just above my shoulders. Since then it hasn't been the same. It's dry and the curl is gone...just wavy and I hate the way it looks...it's just well there. It seems the more I work on it the ickier it is.

Is it age, is it because of the cut last year, is it the coloring?

At least you qualified it as hair "up there" as opposed to "down there". Ain't nothing you can do for the hair down there, 'cept shave it off and hope for the best.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
The difference with Fekkai products is that you use such a minimal amout and get great results.

I tried his products a while ago - maybe a year. I tried GIVING THEM AWAY on here and nobody wanted them. Totally made my hair feel icky. I can pretty much use any product with good results. Though there are a few out there that just don't work with my hair type.

BTW, Victoria's Secret sells the line, too!

K

Kain99

I was talking to a girlfriend today, about my coarse hair. she told me to shave it off. With a straight face.

O

ohsnoes

Up until last year I had what I consider very nice hair, full and curly and didn't have to spend much time on it all.

Last year I decided to cut it all off to just above my shoulders. Since then it hasn't been the same. It's dry and the curl is gone...just wavy and I hate the way it looks...it's just well there. It seems the more I work on it the ickier it is.

Is it age, is it because of the cut last year, is it the coloring?

Get your thyroid levels checked if you haven't. A broken thyroid will give you straw like hair and brittle nails.

angelbaby

The "clear" Socki is referring to is something that can be used alone with peroxide or added in to your color formula for added shine. Your stylist can also do a glossing treatment with Redken shades that will last for about 30 days or so. Redken also has a chemistry (deep conditioning) system that is a treatment at the shampoo bowl that can be customized to the particular problems you are having with your hair. Say your problem was that your hair is dry and frizzy but you also color it. They can formulate the system to treat all three. Go here to check it out. Redken - Redken Chemistry Service The treatment lasts for 30-45 days.

sockgirl77

The "clear" Socki is referring to is something that can be used alone with peroxide or added in to your color formula for added shine. Your stylist can also do a glossing treatment with Redken shades that will last for about 30 days or so. Redken also has a chemistry (deep conditioning) system that is a treatment at the shampoo bowl that can be customized to the particular problems you are having with your hair. Say your problem was that your hair is dry and frizzy but you also color it. They can formulate the system to treat all three. Go here to check it out. Redken - Redken Chemistry Service The treatment lasts for 30-45 days.

I hate spending the extra money but I will forever swear by Redken products at the salon. However I do use Garnier at home. The color last so much longer than any other brand that has been used on me or I've tried at home. My hair is a few inches past the middle of my back and I only paid $70 last time I got it colored. I do my natural color (dark chocolate brown) all over but my natural copper highlights pull thru each time and I love it. They add the clear and it shines for a really long time. Much longer than the 30 days. But I use the 3 minute masque by Garnier every other day in the shower. That may help.

happy_bee4

Going back to the stars
I had this added on at a local salon. She just asked if she could put "Chemistry" in my hair after shampooing, kind of on the spot so I just said sure. Ended up adding $27 extra dollars to my bill and I can't tell the difference. I've had better results with the deep conditioning products you can buy in the shampoo/conditioner hair section at cvs.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Did you cut it short because it no longer looked good?

Menopause is hell for hair.

Peri-menopause can last for 10+years. Your hormones go whacko, and the hair on your head is no longer what it was, and all of the sudden, you have hair on your face. If you smoke, then the wrinkles are there, the pimples, the raging hormones and BAD HAIR.

I feel your pain. :huggy:

Eat well and take your vitamins.

Mine started falling out. Thought it was due to stress but found out I had POF (premature ovarian failure which is menopause for younger women) and that was causing it.