Hair up there

Bowser

do you have well water?

Up until last year I had what I consider very nice hair, full and curly and didn't have to spend much time on it all.

Last year I decided to cut it all off to just above my shoulders. Since then it hasn't been the same. It's dry and the curl is gone...just wavy and I hate the way it looks...it's just well there. It seems the more I work on it the ickier it is.

Is it age, is it because of the cut last year, is it the coloring?

if you have well water you need to try a clarifying shampoo at least once a week to remove the mineral deposits in your hair.

JULZ

BFJ
if you have well water you need to try a clarifying shampoo at least once a week to remove the mineral deposits in your hair.

I used to have well water and did use a clarifying shampoo. Now I'm on city water and use shampoo for dryness and breakage.

I'm thinking along the lines that is has to do with age. :ohwell:

The_Queen

Up until last year I had what I consider very nice hair, full and curly and didn't have to spend much time on it all.

Last year I decided to cut it all off to just above my shoulders. Since then it hasn't been the same. It's dry and the curl is gone...just wavy and I hate the way it looks...it's just well there. It seems the more I work on it the ickier it is.

Keep it trimmed (even though you don't like the length), drink lots of water, use a product that adds shine (Redken Glass or John Frieda Frizz Ease are both good) but don't put it on your roots and make sure to use a diffuser when blowing dry. The diffuser will definitely make you fall in love with your curls again.

Go somewhere and get the color brightened a shade. Ask your stylist to put a few ounces of gloss in the color. :yay:

Is that how you get your hair looking so nice? :sarcasm:

The_Queen

You are more than welcome to read the last 4 pages and you just might read how I get my hair looking so nice. :yay:

I did but maybe you don't get ":sarcasm:"

I've seen your picture. Your hair looks thin and FRIED and it's pretty much laughable that you're advising someone, ANYONE, on the subject at all. She said her hair is dry so you suggest she lighten it? :rolleyes:

sockgirl77

I did but maybe you don't get ":sarcasm:"

I've seen your picture. Your hair looks thin and FRIED and it's pretty much laughable that you're advising someone, ANYONE, on the subject at all. She said her hair is dry so you suggest she lighten it? :rolleyes:

There is not one recent pic of me on these forums. My hair is full, thick, and shiny. I said brighten, not lighten. :yay:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
I tried his products a while ago - maybe a year. I tried GIVING THEM AWAY on here and nobody wanted them. Totally made my hair feel icky. I can pretty much use any product with good results. Though there are a few out there that just don't work with my hair type.

BTW, Victoria's Secret sells the line, too!

Still have them? :biggrin:

poster

DRY: Buy cholesterol (sp?) generously spread through damp hair and wrap with a warm towel from the dryer, leave on for 20-30 min. then shampoo out using a good moisture product, I use Garnier line for color. Do it over a weekend (it may take doing a couple of weeks in a row) your hair may feel kind of ucky the first day but it does work.

If you can't find Cholesterol - the last time I got it was at a Dollar General.
Cheapest and best hair treatment I've ever used.

sockgirl77

DRY: Buy cholesterol (sp?) generously spread through damp hair and wrap with a warm towel from the dryer, leave on for 20-30 min. then shampoo out using a good moisture product, I use Garnier line for color. Do it over a weekend (it may take doing a couple of weeks in a row) your hair may feel kind of ucky the first day but it does work.

Make sure to only put it at the ends of your hair. That crap is so greasy. You can get it at K-Mart or Wal*Fart for less than a buck.

poster

Make sure to only put it at the ends of your hair. That crap is so greasy. You can get it at K-Mart or Wal*Fart for less than a buck.

I put it all over, but my damage is all over, too many colorings and a perm.
It is greasy but it works - at least for me.

angelbaby

You can do the same with Mayonnaise...although the idea makes me wanna :barf: Natural Treatments For Problem Hair

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Chin hairs, pubic or head hair?

In either case, if they are coarse, you might want to pluck them. If they are fine, let them go and braid them.

Head hair. Two little fine ones in front of my ear. They aren't braidable. :lol: