Hamburgers

NextJen

Raisin cane
In Calvert there is a place called Chesapeake Grille and Deli in Dunkirk. They have a good burger. http://eatchesapeake.com/

Also in Calvert, there is a place called Brick Wood Fired Bistro. They have a special on Thursdays called Burger & Brew from- 4-9pm. I was not overly thrilled with the PB&J burger that I tried, but it was more so because the strawberry habanero jam was not as hot as I was thinking it would be, and they put a lot of peanut butter on it which made it really messy. I think the burger itself was good. My daughter tried the Shroom and Swiss burger and was happy with it. http://www.brickwfb.com/

luvmygdaughters

The best cheeseburger I've had at a restaurant, was a place in Murrells Inlet, SC. called the River City Cafe. Hand patted out, thick, juicy and the onions ring are to die for!!! Damn, now I want another cheeseburger.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Having had a craving for a cheeseburger since reading this post, I satisfied it at Boomerangs. Between the juicy and delicious burger and the home made potato salad, I was in heaven. I love their ribs, too!

Grumpy

The best cheeseburger I've had at a restaurant, was a place in Murrells Inlet, SC. called the River City Cafe. Hand patted out, thick, juicy and the onions ring are to die for!!! Damn, now I want another cheeseburger.

:yeahthat: Did you carve your name into the table?

Hank

my war
The Brick in P. Fred has some good burgers... Plus, on Thursdays they have a special "Burger of the Week". A little in-house competition to see who can come up with the best tasting burger...

acommondisaster

Best burger I've had in awhile was from a hole in the wall in Colonial Beach, VA called Ola's. It's on the left as you come into town, on a curve - you'll miss it if you aren't careful. It's an ungodly ugly place and you'll just know I steered you wrong, but their fries were hot and fresh and the burgers looked to be hand formed and were hot and juicy. Nothing fancy. You want deli mustard? You'd better bring your own. It's been a couple of months since I've been there - I think I've just talked myself into going there Monday.

Conversely, and of no interest to anyone, I told my husband I wanted hamburgers on the grill for Mother's Day and I let him do the cooking. I love that man, but he knows how to ruin a burger. He packs the ground beef way too tight and tries to doctor it up with a bunch of spices. Makes 'em too thick, too. IMHO, a good burger is salt and pepper only and a loosely formed burger (so that it's juicy) and for cryin' out loud only toast the inside of the bun!

ShyGirl

Recently had a good burger, but can't remember where... maybe Brick in Prince Frederick, Red Oak Bistro in La Plata, Ale House in Lex Park or the Rexx in Leonardtown.

Edited... maybe CD Café in Solomons.

Last edited:

SamSpade

I am not sure why, but the best burgers my friends have had they said came off my grill a few years ago - and not so much since.
And the only difference was we thawed out those Bubba Burgers they sell frozen at the stores.
Thaw 'em out, season them, scorch them on the grill. Friends STILL say they were the best.

black dog

Free America
I also like the Sirloin Bubba Burgers, I tend to let them thaw until room temp before grilling.
The Sailboat went into the water Thursday morning and then my kid and I went to download Annap and had burgers at McGarvey's before we headed back to St Mary's for his graduation.

Grumpy

For pre-made frozen burgers, you can't beat Bubba Burgers. Making my own, I usually use 70-30 burger packed loosely a little bit bigger than a bun(shrinkage), salt and pepper. A super hot grill, sear the burgers 2-3 minutes on each side then move them away from the flame/coals, cover the grill and leave them for 6-8 minutes.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
For pre-made frozen burgers, you can't beat Bubba Burgers. Making my own, I usually use 70-30 burger packed loosely a little bit bigger than a bun(shrinkage), salt and pepper. A super hot grill, sear the burgers 2-3 minutes on each side then move them away from the flame/coals, cover the grill and leave them for 6-8 minutes.

:yay:

I am not sure why, but the best burgers my friends have had they said came off my grill a few years ago - and not so much since.
And the only difference was we thawed out those Bubba Burgers they sell frozen at the stores.
Thaw 'em out, season them, scorch them on the grill. Friends STILL say they were the best.

The first time I ever saw these, I took a picture and texted it to my Yankee friends with a caption something like "Now I know I'm in the south!". Surprise, surprise... he was buying them in NY!

They seem to be popular with folks on here, so I might try them.

frequentflier

happy to be living
The first time I ever saw these, I took a picture and texted it to my Yankee friends with a caption something like "Now I know I'm in the south!". Surprise, surprise... he was buying them in NY!

They seem to be popular with folks on here, so I might try them.

I know they sell Bubba Burgers at BJ's. They are good!