Hamster Stud........

T

toppick08

Why would you breed your hamster when there are TONS of hamsters in the shelter?!

'Cause he only has a life span of 3 years.......and I want him to get laid....

I love my Buddy, who I took in as a runaway..........:smack:

T

toppick08

I might get my kids a hamster. Are they easy to care for, because it would be their job.

:yay:....get them a wheel, plenty of water, and a bag of food, and they're happy...they make no noise, and sleep during the day.

Mine loves human contact, and also carrots, apples, and yogurt treats..

Cowgirl

I might get my kids a hamster. Are they easy to care for, because it would be their job.

Don't get them a hamster. Hamsters are VERY anti-social (Toppick's must be a freak). Hamsters bite a lot. Get them a rat. Rats are friendly, smart, and rarely bite. Seriously, they're probably the best small animal for kids. :yay: In fact, I have two baby boys I'll give you. :biggrin:

T

toppick08

Don't get them a hamster. Hamsters are VERY anti-social (Toppick's must be a freak). Hamsters bite a lot. Get them a rat. Rats are friendly, smart, and rarely bite. Seriously, they're probably the best small animal for kids. :yay: In fact, I have two baby boys I'll give you. :biggrin:

:frown:

They're also hard of hearing, and have poor eyesight....they only nip, when you have a food source smell on your hands or wake them up in the middle of the day..........:razz:

Cowgirl

:frown:

They're also hard of hearing, and have poor eyesight....they only nip, when you have a food source smell on your hands or wake them up in the middle of the day..........:razz:

No, they nip more than that. :neener: They're mean, but they're not evil like gerbils.

T

toppick08

No, they nip more than that. :neener: They're mean, but they're not evil like gerbils.

They must have a chew toy......mine has only drawn blood, once.......:lmao:

They are like all rodents, the teeth keep growing, and they have to wear them down.

Nanny Pam

I like you alot, Cowgirl, but I have to pass on the rats. :faint: And thanks for the honest hamster info, too. :yay:

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
Hey Cowgirl,
Are you really trying to place two boys? My 2 y/o has a rat that she just adores (she named him baby Threldon, not sure that it's a real name.) We recently moved him to a large midwest cage (it was our late ferrets') and would like to find him a buddy :) Unlike Toppick, I'm NOT looking to find baby Threldon female companionship :blushing:
But we would like a rat as perfect as he is, since he would be our daughters. This guy is so sweet and tolerant (he rides around the house in my daughter's doll stroller and lets HER pick him up without fuss, no biting.) In the evenings we let him run around her room during our story time and he is a riot! He really likes to mess with me, it's almost like having another ferret. If I'm not paying attention to him he'll grab at my pants leg, jump up against my back (if I'm sitting on the floor) or play attack my feet (which tickles something awful), anything to get my attention :) He loves to play wrestle with our hands and will play tug a war with small toys with my daughter, I can't begin to say what a riot he is! We would love to find another rat as gentle as him - do you think either (or both) of your guys might do well with a gentle 2 y/o?
They really are such fantastic pets, we just :love: our baby Threldon! I would recommend a rat to anyone with small (but gentle) kids, he has been such a joy to have here :)

Cowgirl

Hey Cowgirl,
Are you really trying to place two boys? My 2 y/o has a rat that she just adores (she named him baby Threldon, not sure that it's a real name.) We recently moved him to a large midwest cage (it was our late ferrets') and would like to find him a buddy :) Unlike Toppick, I'm NOT looking to find baby Threldon female companionship :blushing:
But we would like a rat as perfect as he is, since he would be our daughters. This guy is so sweet and tolerant (he rides around the house in my daughter's doll stroller and lets HER pick him up without fuss, no biting.) In the evenings we let him run around her room during our story time and he is a riot! He really likes to mess with me, it's almost like having another ferret. If I'm not paying attention to him he'll grab at my pants leg, jump up against my back (if I'm sitting on the floor) or play attack my feet (which tickles something awful), anything to get my attention :) He loves to play wrestle with our hands and will play tug a war with small toys with my daughter, I can't begin to say what a riot he is! We would love to find another rat as gentle as him - do you think either (or both) of your guys might do well with a gentle 2 y/o?
They really are such fantastic pets, we just :love: our baby Threldon! I would recommend a rat to anyone with small (but gentle) kids, he has been such a joy to have here :)

I do have 2 boys I'm trying to place, but I'd like for them to go together. Also, they're only 7 weeks, so they're small. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with a 2 yr old handling them yet. :ohwell:

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
7 weeks is tiny for our bar spacing too - I'd love to find a big fat male (like Threldon, he's 7 months) that's slow and calm :) I love the babies, but we were looking at skipping that age and going to "fat and slow" :lmao: