Handgun Caliber Question

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

Dutch6 said:
Does her purse have wheels? :confused: :lol:

...it did kinda limit how many speed loaders she could carry. So, we try to focus on accuracy. If the first shot is within 100' of her target, she shouldn't need extras.

:lmao:

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
Larry Gude said:
...it did kinda limit how many speed loaders she could carry. So, we try to focus on accuracy. If the first shot is within 100' of her target, she shouldn't need extras.

:lmao:
A speed loader case is probably the same size as a "normal" purse. Poor Vrai sure gets a workout carrying that thing. :yay:

Cletus_Vandam

After doing some research on the ballistics of the three possible calibers available, I'm leaning more towards the .454 Casull.

As far as some of the other variations that everyone posted, conceal-ability has to be a possibility. That excludes a lot of the posts, sorry. :popcorn: I do like the S/W .500.

I'm not a big fan of nickle plated either. The Ruger is stainless so that does look a bit better than polished, but not a good as if it were to come in a blued finish. I also have a python with a 2 1/2 barrel and nothing even comes close to how intimidating it looks....

There seems to be a pretty good difference between the .454. and a .44 mag round according to the Hornady web site. The rounds are a bit more, but given that you're almost at 2000 fps with the 454 and about 1300 for the 44; seems like a big difference.

Cost of ammo isn't a big concern. I'll shouldn't be over a hundred rounds a year.