Hanesworth going to the Redskins?

I heard some guy from a Houston newspaper on the radio yesterday, and he was pretty adamant that it was going to happen. Who knows?

I think he could be a big help to that defense, but I'm not sure that anyone is worth that kind of money. Taylor would definitely be gone, if they sign Haynesworth.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I heard some guy from a Houston newspaper on the radio yesterday, and he was pretty adamant that it was going to happen. Who knows?

I think he could be a big help to that defense, but I'm not sure that anyone is worth that kind of money. Taylor would definitely be gone, if they sign Haynesworth.

Taylor was yet another costly nonsensical mistake; dumpster diving. Bill Parcells would have cut Taylor if it came to it. However, when there is a Redskins organization out there, sooner or later, they'll come a calling.

Haynesworth is at least in his prime. As for 'worth that kind of money' we are talking the Redskins here so, we don't think in those terms.

Taylor was yet another costly nonsensical mistake; dumpster diving. Bill Parcells would have cut Taylor if it came to it. However, when there is a Redskins organization out there, sooner or later, they'll come a calling.

Haynesworth is at least in his prime. As for 'worth that kind of money' we are talking the Redskins here so, we don't think in those terms.

Agreed.

And, agreed.

I for one hope they do sign him - it will probably we a better than average use of free agent money for them.

angelbaby

I agree that the guy is a beast. I just think we could get several additions to the team versus just one for that price. Our track record in this area is not good either. We need to keep Jason Taylor, we gave up way too much to get him here.

Zguy28

I disagree with the second part. I think Haynesworth was in his prime the last two years because he was on one year contracts.

When the Redskins sign him for long-term, he will fade in mediocrity and eventually obscurity along with Jason Taylor, Deion, and Bruce Smith.

jetmonkey

I disagree with the second part. I think Haynesworth was in his prime the last two years because he was on one year contracts.

When the Redskins sign him for long-term, he will fade in mediocrity and eventually obscurity along with Jason Taylor, Deion, and Bruce Smith.

Dana Stubblefield :yay:

jetmonkey

I agree that the guy is a beast. I just think we could get several additions to the team versus just one for that price. Our track record in this area is not good either. We need to keep Jason Taylor, we gave up way too much to get him here.

Keep him for what? He got used like toilet paper by enemy O linemen last season.

Otter

Nothing to see here

Didn't you say that Stubby was in his prime when we got him about 10 yrs ago? As long as Snyder and Vinny are doing the steering of this ship, we will never be better than 8-8...Fire Cerrato, spend the money on a GM and butt the eff out, Snyder.

BuddyLee

Football addict

Haynesworth was in his prime last season, when it was a contract year. His previous seasons were average. Even last season he played less than 65% of the snaps. He hasn't played a full season in his entire career.

I'd like them to pick up a OL free agent and draft D-line.

jetmonkey

He was out a good part of the season. Could we at least have him play a WHOLE season and rethink it after that?

He'd rather be prancing with the stars than getting used by offensive guards. Never should have acquired him, but unfortunately Danny runs the 'skins like they're in a Yahoo! fantasy league.

angelbaby

Haynesworth was in his prime last season, when it was a contract year. His previous seasons were average. Even last season he played less than 65% of the snaps. He hasn't played a full season in his entire career.

I'd like them to pick up a OL free agent and draft D-line.[/QUOTE]

:yay: I agree 100% buddy!

Peter Forsberg

Your going to make him the highest paid defensive player who has never played 16 games a season. Good luck Washington...... Don't you guys need offensive linemen?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Your going to make him the highest paid defensive player who has never played 16 games a season. Good luck Washington...... Don't you guys need offensive linemen?

Look, we tried to get Ocho Cinqo before last seasons started for two first round picks. The Bengals, being actually dumber than us, declined.

No one pays major bucks at any position that is NOT a QB and still wins. NO ONE. Hell, the quickest way to get cut from good teams is to be the highest paid guy at your (non qb) position.

We are still known among players as a place to go get paid, not win. Until we become known as a 'team' club instead of the owners flavor of the month club, this is how it will be.

Haynesworth means more merchandise, a new buzz, full attendance again and someone new to go to dinner with. The team sells out now, so, that is not an issue. However, if 10,000 seats per game sat empty last year that's 100,000 including pre season. If that translates into $50 per head NOT spent on food and stuff, a fairly conservative number I'd think, that's $5 million just at the stadium.

With 90,000 tickets times 10, a $10 ticket increase is nearly $10 million. Those two factors alone pay for the guy.

Add in increased ad revenue, radio and local print. Possible playoff money. Merchandise sales off site.

That is how we roll.

:jameo:

angelbaby

Look, we tried to get Ocho Cinqo before last seasons started for two first round picks. The Bengals, being actually dumber than us, declined.

No one pays major bucks at any position that is NOT a QB and still wins. NO ONE. Hell, the quickest way to get cut from good teams is to be the highest paid guy at your (non qb) position.

We are still known among players as a place to go get paid, not win. Until we become known as a 'team' club instead of the owners flavor of the month club, this is how it will be.

Haynesworth means more merchandise, a new buzz, full attendance again and someone new to go to dinner with. The team sells out now, so, that is not an issue. However, if 10,000 seats per game sat empty last year that's 100,000 including pre season. If that translates into $50 per head NOT spent on food and stuff, a fairly conservative number I'd think, that's $5 million just at the stadium.

With 90,000 tickets times 10, a $10 ticket increase is nearly $10 million. Those two factors alone pay for the guy.

Add in increased ad revenue, radio and local print. Possible playoff money. Merchandise sales off site.

That is how we roll.

:jameo:

Well said and sadly the truth.