Hanesworth going to the Redskins?

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
"Snyder is apparently immune to the effects of the recession"

:roflmao:

Are they frickin serious :roflmao:

Fed Ex damn near sells 85k plus in seats at every home game, at average price of what, 99 a ticket in lower level, 50 at top top upper level, a touch more as you come down a few rows, 200 a game in Club, and how much for dream seats...

Now, you add in $8 a beer (which they probably sell over 100k bottles per game, and at the capita they buy probably only pay $1-1.50 each for), $7 a burger, $5 a hot dog, PARKING, merchandise.... He owns the #1/#2 (until the cowpukes sell out that new stadium, I cant put them at 1) valued franchise in the NFL...

HOW HE IS HURTING FOR MONEY!!!!!!!! :roflmao:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Maybe one...maybe.

I just can't see them signing all these guys. Skins always seem to surprise me with their salary cap management though.

Dock won't be THAT expensive, won't be super cheap, but won't be that expensive as most think... And IF we let Springs go, I see us getting them both, UNLESS, someone else offers Canty more $$$$, which, could possibly happen with certain teams having so much spare change laying around....

And this is the Skins, we ALWAYS find a way to make money room :lmao:

I'd like to see us sign the Ravens center as well, trade off all our picks except our 1st, and sign the best LB or OL on the board, and stock up on drafts next year, when the REAL money will be flying around because of the un-capped season...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah right. Unless they're seriously counting on the uncapped 2010 year it won't happen.

You better be thinking of who you can cut now.:lol:

Like the acquisition but I really loathe the amount of money we're shelling out.

Defense isn't even our weak point. Sure our D-line is weak but we've survived just fine on D with a weak D-line. How many more wins will Haynesworth give the Skins every year? One maybe? The weak part of the team is the offense.

Maybe I'm wrong though. I hope so.

Look, the salary cap is merely a suggestion. With the myriad ways bonus's are calculated, we'll just have to see how this actually plays out. Prorating effectively triples the cap number if I understand it all kinda close to what it is.

Cutting Springs and either restructuring Taylor or cutting him pays for Haynesworth straight up and then some, probably enough to cover Hall as well.

Let's just stop worrying about money; it doesn't matter. Not in DC.

So, the offense. It all boils down to Campbell. Either he's never gonna step it up or he, like Eli, like Roethlisburger, like many QB's, simply need more help from the D to take the next step.

Eli would not, in my view, have won a Super Bowl absent that incredible defense, more specifically, that defensive line. They made momentum changing plays. They took the pressure off Eli to be perfect.

The Steelers don't get to the Super Bowl without that D. Even if they did, they sure don't win.

Look at the Pats. Are the good because Brady can score? Are they good because the D makes big plays? Some of both?

Peyton didn't take it all the way until the D was real good.

Our D, statistically, was good. However, it was not a big play unit. They didn't get many turnovers. They didn't get many sacks. They don't score. They also couldn't stop people when they absolutely had to late in the game.

Certainly, if the O was scoring, that helps them as it puts the opponent O under pressure, playing into the hands of the D scheme. Call it the Patriot way.

On the other hand, the Ravens, Steelers, Titans, Giants, et al, they can't wait for the opponents to get the ball because they are gonna make a big play; either give their O a short field with a turnover, deflate the otehr guys with yet another 3 and out or maybe even score. That means more FG's for us even if the O is anemic. It means more opportunities for our O and it means more points over all for us.

So, if you change the O, that means starting over at QB, right? Plus rebuild the line which HAS to happen anyway.

If you build a stellar, not good but stellar D, then you can find a way to make do on the O line, hope for the rookie WR's to step it up, depend on Moss and Cooley and Portis and just get decent on special teams.

Defense first. I'd prefer we build our own and get lots of draft picks. However, we are still the Redskins. This will have to do.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
So, the offense. It all boils down to Campbell. Either he's never gonna step it up or he, like Eli, like Roethlisburger, like many QB's, simply need more help from the D to take the next step.

On the other hand, the Ravens, Steelers, Titans, Giants, et al, they can't wait for the opponents to get the ball because they are gonna make a big play; either give their O a short field with a turnover, deflate the otehr guys with yet another 3 and out or maybe even score. That means more FG's for us even if the O is anemic. It means more opportunities for our O and it means more points over all for us.

The Stealers had a worse O than us, but that D was LIGHTS OUT... The other teams, the D made turn overs, changed games by making teams go 3 and out more than not, with our D OVERALL 4th, you got to remember, one reason was because most of the time they got on the field, teams didn't have to drive 80 yards to find the endzone of FG, they only had to go 30-40 because of our sub par ST's, and our O that went 3 and out more than not...

I think if we can somehow land Canty, and Dock... 2 things will happen, more pressure on opposing QB's = more turn overs, better run defense, now Fletch can REALLY DOMINATE as OL's can't just blow by our DT's (since a FB could handle them) and snatch him up....

If Dock comes back, Kendall is probably gone or a back up, and Sam and Dock had GREAT chemistry together...that left side would be back to DOMINATE! which we need again!

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Here is something off extremeskins.com..... Don't be surprised if our ticket prices go up a few bucks :whistle:

Canty Will Visit Redskins Today

Free agent defensive end Chris Canty will be on Daniel Snyder's private plane, flying to Virginia later this morning, and will spend the day at Redskins Park, according to league sources.

Canty is scheduled for a full day visit, with all the usual stuff (fancy dinner, courtside seats for the Wizards game - amazing how the Wiz always seem to be in town on the first day of free agency). Heading into free agency, Vinny Cerrato, the Redskins' vice-president of football operations told several people around the league that his goal was to re-sign DeAngelo Hall, and add one other player to the offense and defense. Those players could turn out to be Canty and guard Derrick Dockery, who also could be at Redskins Park today.

While the Redskins are interested in defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, their cap situation is very constricting and Cerrato has told several people around the league this week that the Skins are unlikely to be able to actually complete such a deal. With at least six other teams having significant interest in Canty, according to league sources, it seems unlikely that he would be coming here without investigating whether Haynesworth would be visiting as well.

Canty is expected to pull in a deal worth upwards of $8 million per season, with $15 million or more guaranteed.

Derrick Dockery Still Talking To The Skins

Yes, as of this late hour, talks continue. The Redskins are continuing attempts to land G Derrick Dockery, a former Washington draft pick, and the discussions could go on through 3 am. The Skins have a strong desire to sign the free agent left guard.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
They didn't raise them this year.

I seen that a while back, made Synder sound like a good guy who cares about our econemy in all :lmao:

That being said, $15 beers, $14 hamburgers, $13 hot dogs :shrug:

I know Danny boy doesn't mind spending money, but he will re-coup some of it from the fans, that's a promise :yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I seen that a while back, made Synder sound like a good guy who cares about our econemy in all :lmao:

That being said, $15 beers, $14 hamburgers, $13 hot dogs :shrug:

I know Danny boy doesn't mind spending money, but he will re-coup some of it from the fans, that's a promise :yay:

OK, but how many empty seats did he suffer last year, 10,000 a game including pre season? Worse late in the season, better earlier. So, if that is an average of 10,000, that's 100,000 people NOT there dropping money on food and merchandise. $50 a head is $5 mil for the year. Add in low ad revenue, radio and print.

So, a splash like this means higher ad revenue, more merchandise and food and beer sales.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
OK, but how many empty seats did he suffer last year, 10,000 a game including pre season? Worse late in the season, better earlier. So, if that is an average of 10,000, that's 100,000 people NOT there dropping money on food and merchandise. $50 a head is $5 mil for the year. Add in low ad revenue, radio and print.

So, a splash like this means higher ad revenue, more merchandise and food and beer sales.

I only count pre season as an added bonus to the Danny Boy pocket... The season is where the real money comes from... I don't really think many teams figure on high seat fillings during pre season, because of the fact people want to watch starters, not 3-4 stringers that MAY make a practice squad.

As for 10k empty seats, I think the only time during the season Fed Ex seen that last year was probably in the last game, I'll google and see if I can find teh stats on that...

THOUGH, even if the seats were empty, doesn't mean the ticket wasn't sold :shrug:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid

http://www.ask.com/bar?q=attendance...=7&u=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

Washington is number 1 at home games, averaging 88,604 per game.. in a 93,000 seat stadium... Now, 93k is also including dream seats, all box seats, and club level seats...which dream seats and club level hardly EVER sell out...taking that into account, I don't think Danny boy is losing out that 5mil a year on seats....

I could be wrong, but I just don't see if being that much... Though, to him, 5 mil is chump change :lol:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
The Danny just got a new plane, is enlarging his hangar, has cut the staff at FedEx and the Park to a mere skeleton crew, doesn't clean the stadium and has cut employee benefits....just for starters.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
The Danny just got a new plane, is enlarging his hangar, has cut the staff at FedEx and the Park to a mere skeleton crew, doesn't clean the stadium and has cut employee benefits....just for starters.

THEY HAVE BENEY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know where I'm applying too!! :yahoo: