Hanesworth going to the Redskins?

JoeR

ProFootballTalk.com - REPORT: HAYNESWORTH TO THE ‘SKINS

:cds: Please say it aint so. I just read another story that denies it but, Snyder has been known to do some bonehead deals. Remember the Deion Sanders deal?:ohwell:

The initial reports I heard were last week in Indy at the combine when Snyder and Haynesworths agent were spotted having dinner together. At the time they also included in their comments about how this agent also has some players on the Redskins he represented. So they could have been discussing them. Since then it's assumed that they were only talking about Haynesworth. Which actually would be against league rules until after midnight tonight.

angelbaby

From Pro football.com...

HAYNESWORTH WANTS TO PROVE THE “NAYSAYERS” WRONG
Posted by Mike Florio on February 25, 2009, 10:06 p.m. EST
Whether defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth continues his career with the Titans or the Redskins or some other team, the franchise that gives Haynesworth a nine-figure contract will want to get the most of out him.

The fact that so many people (yours truly included) believe that Haynesworth will grow fat and complacent and ineffective and fat after getting paid could end up being significant motivation for Haynesworth.

“The money is great, but getting the naysayers off my back is better,” Haynesworth recently told WUSA-TV. “The team I’m gonna pick, that gives me the money I get, I want to prove I’m worth every penny to teammates, to coaches, fans and the naysayers.”

Albert, the naysayers are only saying nay because of how you played in the non-contract years of your career. And then there was the whole “stomping on Andre Gurode’s helmetless head” thing. And the recent episodes of virtual reality/reality high-speed automobile driving reality simulation don’t do much to alleviate our concerns.

But the signs are still present that Haynesworth could be living in a location where WUSA will be on his regular rotation of channels.

Indeed, Sara Walsh of WUSA observes that much of her one-hour interview with Haynesworth involved the player asking the reporter questions about life in D.C. and “what the Redskins are like.”

And why was Haynesworth being interviewed by a television station in the D.C. area? At a time when Haynesworth’s agent, Chad Speck, has tried to dispel rumors that Haynesworth will sign with the ‘Skins, allowing Haynesworth to be interviewed by a media outlet in the team’s home market walks, talks, and quacks like an effort to get the local fans acquainted with the franchise’s soon-to-be-newest player.

I still hope it's not true. Oh well, live and learn. I think it will be a big mistake.

Otter

Nothing to see here
“The money is great, but getting the naysayers off my back is better,” Haynesworth recently told WUSA-TV. “The team I’m gonna pick, that gives me the money I get, I want to prove I’m worth every penny to teammates, to coaches, fans and the naysayers.”

Translated = He's going A-Rod on who ever signs him to that big money, hope his cousin can keep him supplied in 'roids.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Translated = He's going A-Rod on who ever signs him to that big money, hope his cousin can keep him supplied in 'roids.

But what do you think of the idea? The 'plans' seem to be;

A; Haynesworth and just a get a loan from Obama to cover it

or

B; Canty, resign Doc, keep Hall, cut springs, pick the D line kid from Texas.

Oh, great otter-ocle, what say you? :buddies:

BuddyLee

Football addict
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Jason Reid and Jason La Canfora report:

The Redskins have expressed interest in former Skins guard Derrick Dockery, who was released today by the Buffalo Bills, and, according to league sources, are expected to pursue him this weekend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted at 12:05 PM ET, 02/26/2009
Griffin's Deal Saves $3 Million in Cap Space
Jason Reid rand Jason La Canfora report:

We've been telling you about the Redskins' efforts to rework the contracts of key veterans in their annual effort to create room under the salary cap and the restructuring of defensive tackle Cornelius Griffin's contract has been completed.

Griffin was scheduled to have a base salary of $4.2 million next season, and he agreed to lower his 2009 number to $1.334 million while receiving more money up front in a bonus and having a few more seasons tacked on to the end of his deal, which now runs through 2014 (it was supposed to end next season).

We're still waiting on all the details, which we'll post as soon as we get them. For cap purposes, however, the Redskins probably saved close to $3 million on the 2009 cap of $127 million.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->click link for article
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Otter

Nothing to see here
But what do you think of the idea? The 'plans' seem to be;

A; Haynesworth and just a get a loan from Obama to cover it

or

B; Canty, resign Doc, keep Hall, cut springs, pick the D line kid from Texas.

Oh, great otter-ocle, what say you? :buddies:

I can't say, cuz it's fruitless with Snyder and Vinny.

I have to amuse myself by remembering when we had the perfect owner(Cooke), GM(Beatherd) and coach(Gibbs)..the perfect storm. The Skins were so more fun even in the years of Norm Snead, Dickie James and Joe Rut-fats Rutgens..I've held out hope since Snyder bought them, but its just his toy now. He is hell bent on doing things his way, just like Jerry Jones, and we see how thats worked out.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Jason Brown seems resigned to leaving the Ravens when free agency begins tomorrow.

Talks between Brown and the Ravens have reached a stalemate because the team wants to pay him as a center while the versatile offensive lineman is looking to paid like a guard. The difference could be as much as $2 million per season.

Brown started at center last year after two seasons at left guard.

"Looking at things that have happened in the past with the Ravens, they have been willing to pay and negotiate more for their defensive players," Brown said today. "That's why Baltimore always has a defensive team. If they don't change their course, they may always be a defensive team. It's tough."

The Washington Redskins are believed to be the front-runners for Brown and could sign the former fourth-round pick as soon as free agency begins at midnight tonight. The Miami Dolphins are also expected to make a run at Brown.

To fill the loss of Brown, the Ravens could use Chris Chester at center.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...tory?track=rss

BuddyLee

Football addict
Also on the free agent front, the Redskins obviously need a punter and veteran Hunter Smith would appear to be a good fit.

The Redskins aren't allowed to contact Smith's agent, Tom Mills, until 12:01 a.m. Friday even though Smith opted out of his contract with Indianapolis. The contract doesn't expire until midnight.

Smith's 38.8-yard net average was far better than the Redskins' collective 33.4-yard net average, which was last in the NFL. Smith spent the first 10 years of his career kicking half of his games indoors but he's worth a look.

Mills said if the Redskins are interested, Smith is interested.

"It would be a logical destination," Mills said. "We've been thinking about them."<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblo...y-punter-talk/

BuddyLee

Football addict
I would be shocked if the Skins signed Haynesworth.

They can't keep Taylor and Hall. It's either Hall or or Haynesworth and my money is on Hall.

angelbaby

I would be shocked if the Skins signed Haynesworth.

They can't keep Taylor and Hall. It's either Hall or or Haynesworth and my money is on Hall.

I'd rather see Hall. We had a top ranked defense. We need to address the offensive line. I still can't believe they kept Suisham. I hope they bring in someone to compete against him for that position.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Looks like no Haynesworth.:yahoo:

CANTY TO BE THE FIRST TO VISIT THE ‘SKINS?

Posted by Mike Florio on February 26, 2009, 10:17 p.m. EST
At a time when many are assuming that Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth or Ravens center Jason <NOBR id=itxt_nobr_0_0 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 100%">Brown </NOBR> will be the first free agents to visit Redskins Park when the doors fly open at 12:01 a.m. EST, we’re hearing indications that the first visitor will actually be Cowboys defensive end Chris Canty.
Canty has been a defensive end in the 3-4 attack that the Cowboys employ.
The Washington Post reported on Thursday that the ‘Skins are interested, explaining that he would play defensive end on first and second downs, and move inside in obvious passing situations.
Canty recently has expressed an interest in playing for the Dolphins, given that Miami V.P. of football operations Bill Parcells drafted Canty out of Virginia when Parcells was the coach in Dallas.

BuddyLee

Football addict
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Click link for entire article

DeAngelo Hall Agress To Terms/Canty Could Be Here Friday

The CB has agreed to a deal worth a maximum of $55 million over 6 years, according to league sources. He will receive roughly $23 million guaranteed. Huge deal for Hall. We shall see what it means for Shawn Springs and Carlos Rogers.

Will have an update on DE Chris Canty later tonight. Skins could have him here in the AM.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

See ya' Springs.:howdy:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Ray Willis Is Another Free Agent Target

</MTWEBLOGPOSTIFSHOW>[FONT=Times New Roman,times,serif]Ray Willis, the young Seattle tackle, could be the solution to Washington's right tackle problems, and is someone the team is looking at as free agency looms, according to a league source. Willis, 26, did not play much in his first three years in Seattle - he was drafted while Skins coaches Jim Zorn and Stump Mitchell were on the staff - but when injuries hit the Seahawks' line last year, he started 10 games and fared well.

He is still a bit raw, but has great size at 6-feet-6, 315 pounds. Some executives in the league believe him to be Washington's top tackle option, and he will not be too expensive to land. With Derrick Dockery released and now someone younger who could be plugged in at guard, the Skins have some decent options. As we have previously reported, the Skins have given no indications that they will be making a play for the more expensive young offensive linemen like Jason Brown or Chris Kemoeatu.

If the Skins can't land someone like Willis or Dockery, then older players coming off injuries would fit the value role. These are guys we have already discussed this week like Jeff Saturday, Mark Tauscher and Stacy Andrews.
[/FONT]

Redskins Insider

BuddyLee

Football addict
Well, color me shocked.

I said they'd either sign Hall or Haynesworth and they signed both.

Apparently the two were tied together and wanted to play with one another.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/02/27/r...-million-deal/

Click link for entire article

Redskins Sign Albert Haynesworth to $100 Million Deal

The Washington Redskins have made the biggest splash on the first day of NFL free agency, signing former Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth to a seven-year, $100 million contract.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the deal includes $41 million guaranteed in the first three years, and the maximum value of the deal could be $115 million. According to Schefter, the deal is the richest contract ever given to a player and includes more guaranteed money than any contract in NFL history has ever included.

The quickness of the deal -- getting done just hours after the start of the free agency period -- could lead to questions of whether the Redskins tampered with Haynesworth. After all, $100 million contracts are complex documents. How did the Redskins and Haynesworth have time to hammer out all the details before 6 AM on the first day that they were allowed to talk to each other?

NFL tampering rules, however, are difficult to enforce because the charges are hard to prove. And the Redskins are obviously working hard this morning at spending Dan Snyder's money. They've already signed Haynesworth and DeAngelo Hall, and they're reportedly making overtures to Cowboys defensive end Chris Canty and Ravens guard/center Jason Brown. Snyder is apparently immune to the effects of the recession.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

BuddyLee

Football addict
What the hell. Get Canty, too! And Doc and Sleepy and Happy and...
Yeah right. Unless they're seriously counting on the uncapped 2010 year it won't happen.

You better be thinking of who you can cut now.:lol:

Like the acquisition but I really loathe the amount of money we're shelling out.

Defense isn't even our weak point. Sure our D-line is weak but we've survived just fine on D with a weak D-line. How many more wins will Haynesworth give the Skins every year? One maybe? The weak part of the team is the offense.

Maybe I'm wrong though. I hope so.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
40 mil gar. to Haynesworth, not a bad sign at all. We re-signed Hall, Canty is still on the visit block, and Dockery will probably be back as a Skin..

I have a feeling this could be a big splash year for us, for once, signing nothing but worth while talent. and NO, I'm not saying we are going to the SB :lmao: Just saying for normally over pay for guys on the down slide, for once, we have so far signed guys that still have some up swing to them :yay:

And if we get Canty and Dock... I would be happy with our FO for this FA year :yay: