Happy birthday, Bann!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Thank you! We are in New Yawk Citty and havin' a good time. Walking our butts off. :getdown: Lower Manhattan today and mid-upper Manhattan tomorrow. On the subway our way now to a recommended by one of Foxhound's friends NY Delicatessen (Katz) for some dinner!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Holy Pastrami, Batman! That deli is awesome! They move fast fast in there and you gotta know what you want pretty fast, too. Like in Philly. Although, they were nicer in Katz' Deli than those Philly cheese steak people in Philly. :lol:

So much food! The pickles come with whatever you ordered. I don't eat a lot of pickles specifically because of the salt, BUT I did try them. Tasty, and homemade.
View attachment 118376

I had a Reuben (corned beef, not pastrami) on REAL fresh rye bread. Delicious, and not like you get anywhere else!!
ForumRunner_20170506_071659.jpg

Foxhound got a Tongue sandwich. :dead: (On rye automatically unless you ask for something else)
ForumRunner_20170506_071526.jpg

View attachment 118376

View attachment 118376
Super delicious, but I could only eat half of mine. Not sure why I thought I wanted to have fries -guess to splurge, but they were HUGE steak fries and they gave you a ton of those, too. We didn't (together) eat half the fries or half the pickles. Foxhound was able to finish his whole sandwich, we had my other half wrapped to go. Had to leave the pickles and taters, because we were traveling light as I was definitely walking off that meal. Plus, we had REAL brick oven baked pizza earlier at Eataly. And some Italian chocolates. ...and a glass of vino for me. :jet:

...and we stopped back by Eataly on the way to the hotel and had to die for gelato. :biggrin:

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20170506_071424.jpg
    ForumRunner_20170506_071424.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 45
  • ForumRunner_20170506_071815.jpg
    ForumRunner_20170506_071815.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 78

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am a huge fan of deli pickles - salt be damned.

Glad you're having such a good time!

bcp

In My Opinion
How did I miss this, I should have remembered since your Birthday is one day before the Birthday of my wife.
Happy Birthday ( late but still )