Harris Teeter

sasquatch

If they offer free food, there will be about 200,000 Southern Maryland Land Whales lined up

May I suggest since you are so adamant about this that you go tell these people how you feel to their face. Trolling it online is proving ineffective for your message. Regardless of whether you run 6 times a week or not, the number of people that you hypothesize would over run you. This would put you out of our collective misery including yours.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So how's ya'lls Harris Teeter? Is it nice? Are you happy?

Monello and I stopped by Fresh Market last night, not because we needed anything but just because we enjoy browsing at a great market.

SamSpade

Monello and I stopped by Fresh Market last night, not because we needed anything but just because we enjoy browsing at a great market.

Seems nice. It's huge. Bigger than any of the other grocery stores in the area except maybe Shopper's or McKay's in Leonardtwon but a lot nicer.
Of course, just opened so - crowded, almost no parking at all. And I am not crazy about getting in and out of that shopping center.
If you plan to head north on 235 after shopping - it's not an easy path.

tipsymcgee

When in Rehoboth we hit the Fresh Market at least once for their $20 meal bag you take and prepare at home. Feeds us five with a little for seconds. Great store.

MiddleGround

Seems nice. It's huge. Bigger than any of the other grocery stores in the area except maybe Shopper's or McKay's in Leonardtwon but a lot nicer.
Of course, just opened so - crowded, almost no parking at all. And I am not crazy about getting in and out of that shopping center.
If you plan to head north on 235 after shopping - it's not an easy path.

Who's idea was it to put every single major food store on the south bound side of the 235 strip? I would think that since the major contributors to the local economy are base workers, it would behoove the grocery stores to be placed on the north bound side. This way base workers could easily get in and out of the stores quickly.

BlueOx77

Who's idea was it to put every single major food store on the south bound side of the 235 strip? I would think that since the major contributors to the local economy are base workers, it would behoove the grocery stores to be placed on the north bound side. This way base workers could easily get in and out of the stores quickly.

That's mainly due to geography. Generally speaking, on the east side of Three Notch Road is hilly terrain, erodible soils, tidal areas. The west side: flat and buildable land. Town Creek and Esperanza Farms, which are older neighborhoods, are good examples of the hills that I'm talking about, either built before the county had a zoning ordinance or in its infancy. It would certainly make more sense to have the commercial development on the northbound side of Three Notch Road, but you work with what you have.

SamSpade

I'm not sure why the direction makes all that much of a difference. I work in DC and live NORTH of all of the supermarkets - so their location doesn't really help me much at all.
And there's nothing south of the base.

And when I moved here, there were different stores and they were elsewhere. We had Harvest Market, Food Lion and McKay's.
I might also go to the McKay's in Lexington Park. (What was the food store in the plaza on Rte 5 in Leonardtown where the Ledo's is?).

But it is largely geography and not a matter of traffic flow.

But I'm still thinking the design of the parking lot is going to hurt it.
For example - you want to go northbound FROM the lot - you go down the entrance from southbound 235, zip across three lanes and do a U-Turn.
You can't take the back way to that new road into Wildewood, because it's right turn only.
How about going north and going INTO Harris Teeter? You take a turn at the light, and fight the turn lane traffic into the one small entrance there -
or take the tortuous path around the back up FDR.

It really is a mess. I don't think it was planned all that well.