Harry Potter

Gwydion said:
I don't pre-order. I just go to the midnight opening at a borders.

Much more entertaining...and I get my book ahead of pre-orderers.

Just threw it out to those of yall that can't go out at midnight!

I think I will just be hitting Walmart or Bay Books. With Bay Books you have to pre order.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Target always has tons of them.

I can't wait to read it but will be sad that it's the last one.

S

somdebay

Geek said:
Anyone else thinking of reading #1-#6 one more time before #7 this summer? :popcorn:

i haven't read them...but i'd be happy to let you read them to me :)

Terps

I definitely want to re-read 1-6- I feel like it's been so long and I've forgotten a lot of details.

I can't wait for 7!

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
I heard Harry is going to die in the last one. And Dumbledore, who isn't REALLY dead, will be back. :yay:

I've been reading these to/with my kids since the first book. I enjoy them as much they do.

And Geek, I do the voices too. :lol:

Geek

MysticalMom said:
I heard Harry is going to die in the last one. And Dumbledore, who isn't REALLY dead, will be back. :yay:

I've been reading these to/with my kids since the first book. I enjoy them as much they do.

And Geek, I do the voices too. :lol:

:high5:

maylinduplantis

gunslinger
I'd love to re-read 1-6 but I'm currently into another set of books, which has my attention (Steven King's Dark Tower) so I'll just have to watch the moves the days before and read the on-line notes for the other books to reremind me what I've forgotten...

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Gonna start re-reading this week...give myself two weeks for each book (so much to do in the gardens right now, it's going to take that long!)

OOTP will be at the IMAX theatre at the Smithsonian (according to the IMAX website)...hope to see it there after seeing it on the regular screen in LPCity. :snacks: Anyone with an opinion of a better theatre to go see it at?

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
maylinduplantis said:
I'd love to re-read 1-6 but I'm currently into another set of books, which has my attention (Steven King's Dark Tower) so I'll just have to watch the moves the days before and read the on-line notes for the other books to reremind me what I've forgotten...

I LOVED the Dark Tower. After I got through The Gunslinger I bought them all and my family lost me to them for weeks until I finished the whole series. It brought SK to a new level for me. The end pissed me off though. :lol:

Last edited:
S

StrwberryKisses

I reading the OOTP now (again for the third time) Since the 5th movie is coming out. Then I will read the 6th book again just in time for the last book.

None of my friends want to go and see the movie with me. I would love to see it on the IMAX screen. It sounds like it will be amazing there. I cant wait to see Harry Kiss Cho. :love:

watercolor

yeah yeah
StrwberryKisses said:
None of my friends want to go and see the movie with me.

Those that want to see it, we should all get together and go. That would be awesome. It was crazy when we went to see the POA. People were dressed up everywhere, and we were surrounded by all kinds of goblins, witches, wizards and such. :lmao:

D

Dixie

I think it's kinda cool that they're releasing the new movie on Friday the 13th.
Who's your favorite character? I love Snape!

DotTheEyes

Movie Fan
Is anyone else getting the feel Hagrid won't survive the last novel? This is pure conjecture, of course, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if J.K. Rowling did him in. It would be a major emotional blow to the main trio.

Honestly, I'm not sure Harry'll survive either. Maybe it won't have a happy ending and Lord Voldemort will win. This type of ending would definitely divide fans: people would either find it cool and surprising, or be depressed and p*ssed off. lol