Harry Reid calls on NFL to pressure Snyder on Redskins name

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Harry Reid calls on NFL to pressure Snyder on Redskins name change

Now that the NBA has banned Clippers owner Donald Sterling for life over racist comments, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is hoping the NFL will pressure Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to change the team's “degrading” name.

Reid, in a Senate floor speech Wednesday afternoon, said the NFL should follow in the path of the NBA and force Snyder to change the name of the team.

“I wonder if they have taken notice of the NBA’s decisive action,” Reid said. “How long will the [NFL] continue to do nothing ... as one of its teams bears a name that inflicts so much pain on Native Americans?”

Reid, a Democrat, said his state of Nevada is home to 22 tribal organizations. Reid accused Snyder, who has refused to change the team name, of using tradition as an excuse to keep the Redskins name.

Midnightrider

The public response should destroy the franchise.

no chance. i'm a season ticket holder and i know its just a matter of time, not to mention the right thing to do. that is also the concensus among the folks i tailgate with. The only thing that might change my mind is if they pick a really stupid name like the wizards to replace redskins.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
no chance. i'm a season ticket holder and i know its just a matter of time, not to mention the right thing to do. that is also the concensus among the folks i tailgate with. The only thing that might change my mind is if they pick a really stupid name like the wizards to replace redskins.

Bulletts is available

morningrain

I know I go asleep at night worrying that our government will take charge and spend time on getting a football team to change their name........god knows there is nothing else more important for them to address....we have no other issue in this county that is need looking into.

SG_Player1974

Hmmmmmm.....

Cleveland INDIANS
Kansas City CHIEFS
Florida State SEMINOLES
Atlanta BRAVES

Dont see any pressure on these guys! I wonder if the Franchise worth has anything to do with it......

Toxick

Splat
The public response should destroy the franchise.

I know many people - mostly die-hards from way back - who have said that if they are not "The Redskins" they will no longer be fans.

I tried to recruit for the Ravens, but most said they won't root for anyone if not the Redskins.

I heard they were going to change the name to The Foreskins, but Snyder said it would be offensive to Jews.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
What about the nickname for the Cleveland football team. I'm sure that word is somehow offensive to at least 1 person in America.

Then there is Black hole, black Friday, Indian summer, the list goes on and on.

Toxick

Splat
What about the nickname for the Cleveland football team.

images.jpg