Has Anybody Gone? Crow Hunting

somdshootnet

I've gone out on a several occasions in the past 2 weeks. In the areas East of La Plata and around Ripley. We've seen some crows but the numbers are way down around Charles County. They come in we get a few shots off, but, most of them are not willing to come in to mouth and electronic calls, and they are not showing interest in sticking around either. I'm just curious if anyone else partakes in this sport around Southern Maryland.

Mr.Steed

hahaha, i have. well, not crow hunting, just crow killing. i hate those things

What's the point in killing them? They are admirable, intelligent, beautiful birds who have historically figured prominently in many cultures and religions. Only an idiot goes around killing creatures for the sake of killing - idiots like humans. But, what goes around, comes around.

ylexot

Super Genius
What's the point in killing them? They are admirable, intelligent, beautiful birds who have historically figured prominently in many cultures and religions. Only an idiot goes around killing creatures for the sake of killing - idiots like humans. But, what goes around, comes around.

They destroy crops.

jrt_ms1995

I've gone out on a several occasions in the past 2 weeks. In the areas East of La Plata and around Ripley. We've seen some crows but the numbers are way down around Charles County. They come in we get a few shots off, but, most of them are not willing to come in to mouth and electronic calls, and they are not showing interest in sticking around either. I'm just curious if anyone else partakes in this sport around Southern Maryland.

I do, though I haven't yet this year. From my general observations the number actually seems to be up here in central St. Mary's county.

somdshootnet

Are you related to Steve Brennan? LOL

I guess I'll take my chances waiting for a blood starved deer to stalk me next season... anyway, back to crow killin'...

And thank God you are not human, you'd be an idiot too I suppose.

Last edited:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Here, have some boobs and condoms.

Attachments

• 1520.jpg
    1520.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 146
  • Boob Car.jpg
    Boob Car.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 134
  • sister.JPG
    sister.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 141
  • boobies.jpg
    boobies.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 120
  • condoms.jpg
    condoms.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 125

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
have some dead crows too.

Attachments

• deadcrow.jpg
    deadcrow.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 130
  • dead-crow-cake.jpg
    dead-crow-cake.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 129
  • 6a00d8341c630a53ef00e552b0e8a88834-800wi.jpg
    6a00d8341c630a53ef00e552b0e8a88834-800wi.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 124
  • crow_billreece.jpg
    crow_billreece.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 126
  • 886987521_89a834cdfb.jpg
    886987521_89a834cdfb.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 133

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
No one individual has the right to make the decision to eliminate birds even if they think they are pests.:smack:

D-35

Crow vs Eagle as a National Symbol

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Lib Crows...
Their piercing, obnoxious cawing alone is reason enough to blow them out of the trees with anything between a BB gun to a sawed-off .12 gauge.

These Satanic birds steal my joy. Satan was given dominion over certain Earthly creatures; like crows.
Sounds like you’re a regulation leftist. You’ll soon have your chance to savor crow sinew/feathers/claw-feet . You'll be starving by then; So, ENJOY!!!

wch

I guess that goes for groundhogs to, no one expects you to eat them ( although they taste like chicken if cooked properly) yet you could hunt and kill one 24 hrs a day 7 days a week legally. there are reasons they make Hunting regulations.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
A buddy of mine had a crow call tape. It was amazing how quick they would flock(pun intended) to that tape. Evidently they hate owls. As soon as the owl would hoot on the tape, they would start circleing(sp?). Fun, long range target practice. Lightweight bird for their size.

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
If that's your opinion, then you have no right to eat the food produced on farms.

JMHO-I just don't get why some have to dominate the animal kingdom by killing off species randomly for our own selfish pleasure-maybe when y'all get older and mature a little you'll "get it"-hopefully some creatures great and small; will still be around by then.

T

toppick08

JMHO-I just don't get why some have to dominate the animal kingdom by killing off species randomly for our own selfish pleasure-maybe when y'all get older and mature a little you'll "get it"-hopefully some creatures great and small; will still be around by then.

Speaking of crows.:yay:...when the Ravens dominate the AFC North, then justice will be done.............:lalala:

Indy is eating crow as we speak.....:sarcasm:

wch

Guess we should get rid of the mouse traps, RAID cans, Japanese Beetle traps, and cancel the termite inspections, everything has a right to live. :sarcasm:
Public Safety (Police, Fire, EMS) Radio Scanners for Southern Maryland (Calvert, Charles, St. Mary's Counties)

Last edited:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Since you know not of what you speak, it would behoove you to STFU. We couldn't "kill off" crows if we tried. Go do some research then attempt an intelligent dialog. Right now you fail.