Has Tiger completely lost his mind?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Tiger Woods | Spits On Course Video Dubai | SportsGrid

"The Big Lead points us in the direction of a clip from the final round of the Dubai Classic, in which Tiger Woods played himself out of contention with a dismal 75. At one point during this round, he spat on the green because, the announcers assumed, he was disgusted with his own performance."

This guy should lose every endorsement he has. He doesn't deserve to be on the tour.

thurley42

HY;FR

"The Big Lead points us in the direction of a clip from the final round of the Dubai Classic, in which Tiger Woods played himself out of contention with a dismal 75. At one point during this round, he spat on the green because, the announcers assumed, he was disgusted with his own performance."

This guy should lose every endorsement he has. He doesn't deserve to be on the tour.

you're right because no one ever spits on a golf course...

PsyOps

Pixelated
you're right because no one ever spits on a golf course...

EDIT:

ETIQUETTE

2. Don't step on another player's line of putt. (I'm certain this would apply to spitting)

11. Leave the course in the condition in which you would like to find it.

I have watched a lot of golf and NEVER seen a pro spit on the green. The last you want is to have to putt over someone else's spit, then have to pick the ball up. Spitting in the rough or even fairway is not the same as spitting on the green.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
EDIT:

I have watched a lot of golf and NEVER seen a pro spit on the green. The last you want is to have to putt over someone else's spit, then have to pick the ball up. Spitting in the rough or even fairway is not the same as spitting on the green.

So, who do you hate more ; Snyder or Tiger?

FED_UP

Hmmm over analyzing news as usual, what man has never spit on grass before.

CrashTest

Baseball and football players spit, blow snot, and vomit on the field and then guys not only have to pick up the ball, they have to roll around in it.

Golf is a game, not a sport. Golfers are contestants, not athletes.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

:bs:

Walk 18 holes with me in July, carry your bag and you will be exhausted physically and mentally when we are done and sore and tired the next day, every muscle in your body.

Hell, we can ride and you will still be shot. Golf is very much a sport. It's not aerobic but, neither is playing goalie in soccer or football. Neither is standing in left field all day long and never making a single play as often happens in baseball. That not a sport?

How about place kickers?

Hiking not a sport?

:tap:

Otter

Nothing to see here

We're talking golf, not minature golf.

Tiger's petulance over the years is paying him back in spades right now, he should know that every move he makes for now on will be blown out of proportion and shown in the worst light. If this was wrestling, it would be an easy thing for him to switch the good guy tag to the villain tag and keep drawing the crowds..:lol:

That said, he'll be back winning tourneys; I don't agree with the crowds enjoying the beatdown that he's done. I laff my azz off at the reporters that 2 years ago were swearing Tiger was god and now think he's the devil.

CrashTest

I know you golfers get spun up when I say that.

Anyway, I see guys in their late 70's out there walking the course and wacking a ball around but I don't see any guys in their late 70's out there wearing shoulder pads.

:confused:

Besides, if golf is such a brutal, demanding sport, then I think they can deal with a little spit.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Hmmm over analyzing news as usual, what man has never spit on grass before.

If I'm over-analyzing this, perhaps you can explain why the PGA felt a need to fine Woods. Unlike other sports golf has some very strict rules of protocol; it helps to understand this before making your generalized and uneducated comments.

Otter

Nothing to see here
I know you golfers get spun up when I say that.

Anyway, I see guys in their late 70's out there walking the course and wacking a ball around but I don't see any guys in their late 70's out there wearing shoulder pads.

:confused:

Besides, if golf is such a brutal, demanding sport, then I think they can deal with a little spit.

Spun up? naaa, I can see where some don't think of it as a sport. A sport has to be 'brutal, demanding' in some folks eyes and can't be played beyond 40.....Also, I think its hilarious that so many are spun up by some spit.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Baseball and football players spit, blow snot, and vomit on the field and then guys not only have to pick up the ball, they have to roll around in it.

Go on back to watching American Idol where you, no doubt, believe REAL musicians are found. :whistle:

CrashTest

Spun up? naaa, I can see where some don't think of it as a sport. A sport has to be 'brutal, demanding' in some folks eyes and can't be played beyond 40.....Also, I think its hilarious that so many are spun up by some spit.

When you look up "athlete" in the dictionary, you see words like "speed" and "dexterity". I see a lot of fogies out there walking around who don't look too speedy or dexterous.

Otter

Nothing to see here
When you look up "athlete" in the dictionary, you see words like "speed" and "dexterity". I see a lot of fogies out there walking around who don't look too speedy or dexterous.

And when you look up Crashtest, you see 'dummy', your point? :shrug: :buddies:

PsyOps

Pixelated

I'm spun up about a guy that is spiraling out of control and embarrassing the sport with along the way. The same media that propped this guy up is now the same media that is seeing he is more of a problem than he may be worth.

This isn’t just some spit. Please tell me, even on the amateur level of golf, if you putt your ball through somebody else’s phlegm from the group ahead of you, you wouldn’t be pretty pissed about it? At the PGA level, it’s completely unacceptable, and Woods was appropriately fined for it. For the same reason a PGA pro can’t drop a piece of gum, or a chunk of chocolate, or leave a piece of trash on the green because it could affect someone’s line; spit could obviously affect someone’s putt. When you’re playing for big $$$ it matters. Are you just pretending to not understand this because you have some special place in your heart for Tiger?

CrashTest

And when you look up Crashtest, you see 'dummy', your point? :shrug: :buddies:

My point is that by definition, playing golf does not require athletisism.

Your point by calling me a name is that you have nothing else of any value to add to the debate.