Have you ever met a 'Famous' person?

Ever met a famous person & acted like a dork?

• Yes

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • Don't care

Votes: 7 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
If so, did you get all tongue tied & act like a dork?
:dork:

Let's just say I realized (after the fact) a Hall of Famer was sitting behind me on an airplane & I was two seconds away from asking him to shut the hell up with his 'humming''. I was giving him the 'evil' eye.....:killingme

Once I realized who he was, I was like a kid in the principals office.
:yahoo:

Then I felt really stupid for even caring.​

Mike Wallace, NASCAR driver. Shook hands, got his autograph. Did not act like a jerk....

This was right after the Bristol race in '05. My brother to the far right, the team owner of the #4 car in the white shirt, Larry McClure.

Attachments

• P1010090.JPG
    P1010090.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Kewl! The person I met was Cal Ripken Jr.

I was so flabbergasted, but tried to remain cool.. I think I failed.
:killingme

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
Air Supply, Walter Cronkite, Shirley Chissom, Aunt Ruby from General Hospital, Ted Koppel and Judge Raley to name a few, I know there are more, I just can't remember them (CRS). I cooked dinner for them at different times. Aunt Ruby even came in the kitchen and gave me a hug, said that her scallops were the best she had ever eaten. I've got some of their autographs still. Oh, one more the head coach of the Pittsburg Steelers in 1987, can't remember his name and the governor of Maryland in 87 too. If only I had a memory left I could name more.

sk8enscars

I took my 11 year old sister to a Kelly Clarkson concert for her birthday. We had a meet and greet pass. I was a bigger dork than she was. I don't even know why.. she's just a person. Met Nick Hexum and SA Martinez of 311 and didn't really have a chance to be a dork. Nick was doing enough for himself walking around drunk. Met the members of Goldfinger and acted like a big dork. Mostly cause we were hanging out backstage and they kept walking past us and we didn't say anything. We just sat and stared... and we took pictures of their equipment cases that were sitting around. It was cool though cause we got to hang out in their tour bus and Charlie gave us a vegan corn dog. It was weird.

Ooo and one time I met the drummer from Yanni: Live in Acropolis. His name is Kalani... go figure. He was at a music teacher convention teaching a drumming class. They announced him as the drummer from Yanni and while others were asking him questions about drumming I blurted out "Are you REALLY the drummer for Yanni?????" Duhhh....

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Bob Woodward. One of the Washington Post reporters who helped bust Nixon. (Woodward & Bernstein)

And no, I don't act like a dork when I see him.

L

lugebob

I have met many famous and semi famous because of the sport/business Im in. Extreme and main line sport figures, TV and movie actors, CEO's, heads of state, Models,news anchors and reporters. The first few times I had no idea how to act, until I got to hang or party with many of them off camera and away from their crew. So far all of them I've met are regular broken wretches like the rest of us and the famous part is just their job. Wanna make friends with em? Dont talk about what makes them famous, talk about normal stuff like family, work and places they have visited.

Last edited by a moderator:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I've been fortunate enough to be at the right place at the right time to meet many "famous" people. Only time I didn't know how to act was when I was a kid and we ended up in the same hotel with the teams playing in a football Hall of Fame game. My dad and I were both too backward to ask for autographs but my mom strolled right in - of course she wasn't a fan so it was no biggie for her.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Air Supply, Walter Cronkite, Shirley Chissom, Aunt Ruby from General Hospital, Ted Koppel and Judge Raley to name a few, I know there are more, I just can't remember them (CRS). I cooked dinner for them at different times. Aunt Ruby even came in the kitchen and gave me a hug, said that her scallops were the best she had ever eaten. I've got some of their autographs still. Oh, one more the head coach of the Pittsburg Steelers in 1987, can't remember his name and the governor of Maryland in 87 too. If only I had a memory left I could name more.

Wow! I think the head coach of the Steelers was Joe Green in 1987. Harry Hughes was the Governor.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
I've met All the guys from Overkill and a bunch of other bands. I crawled around under the Anthrax tour bus with their guitarist looking for something he'd lost:lol: I played pool with Harry Anderson in New Orleans in 2004.
The first time I met Bobby from Overkill I had been so drunk I passed out on the bar before their first set and nearly missed the whole thing. When we were out back with them later, I was still hammered and slurred out a few "F*ck you's" before passing out in my car.

It was a monumental occasion:dork:

I've met All the guys from Overkill and a bunch of other bands. I crawled around under the Anthrax tour bus with their guitarist looking for something he'd lost:lol: I played pool with Harry Anderson in New Orleans in 2004.
The first time I met Bobby from Overkill I had been so drunk I passed out on the bar before their first set and nearly missed the whole thing. When we were out back with them later, I was still hammered and slurred out a few "F*ck you's" before passing out in my car.

What a wonderful, lasting impression!!!!

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
I took my 11 year old sister to a Kelly Clarkson concert for her birthday. We had a meet and greet pass. I was a bigger dork than she was. I don't even know why.. she's just a person. Met Nick Hexum and SA Martinez of 311 and didn't really have a chance to be a dork. Nick was doing enough for himself walking around drunk. Met the members of Goldfinger and acted like a big dork. Mostly cause we were hanging out backstage and they kept walking past us and we didn't say anything. We just sat and stared... and we took pictures of their equipment cases that were sitting around. It was cool though cause we got to hang out in their tour bus and Charlie gave us a vegan corn dog. It was weird.

Ooo and one time I met the drummer from Yanni: Live in Acropolis. His name is Kalani... go figure. He was at a music teacher convention teaching a drumming class. They announced him as the drummer from Yanni and while others were asking him questions about drumming I blurted out "Are you REALLY the drummer for Yanni?????" Duhhh....

Yeah, 'just a person'..that's why I felt silly telling Cal Ripken, Jr. 'Oh, your hair looks shorter'. :killingme

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K

I think that constitutes 'acting like a dork'...hahaha! :otter:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Tons of Redskins from "back in the day"..coaches...some of the other teams players and coaches. I worked at RFK for years. Had my butt pinched and got a kiss from Jack Kent Cooke. :lol: and was on the halftime show of Monday Night Footabll. :diva: Nicest guy I met while working there was Bugel. Sonny, Riggins, Monk (at son's football camp)..Steve Young, Walsh..

Met President Reagan while I was working at GSFC...he came for a visit...shook his hand and chatted very briefly.

Met Jim Nabors :lol:

Last edited:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Tons of Redskins from "back in the day"..coaches...some of the other teams players and coaches. I worked at RFK for years. Had my butt pinched and got a kiss from Jack Kent Cooke. :lol: and was on the halftime show of Monday Night Footabll. :diva: Nicest guy I met while working there was Bugel. Sonny, Riggins, Monk (at son's football camp)..Steve Young, Walsh..

Met President Reagan while I was working at GSFC...he came for a visit...shoot his hand and chatted very briefly.

Met Jim Nabors :lol:
Did it hurt him? :biggrin:

:huggy:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

...Bobby Blitz! LOL That's funny! Overkill is proof that you don't have to be good; just never give up. :whistle: