Have you ever met a 'Famous' person?

Ever met a famous person & acted like a dork?

• Yes

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • Don't care

Votes: 7 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beta84

They're out to get us
Okay, tell me how to do it better.

I think my post broke down at least most of the options. have you ever seen a poll on this website before? go look at them :yay:

I've met mostly athletes and politicians. Maybe 1 or 2 actors but I can't really remember who, and none of them were 'major' people on TV/movies so it wasn't a big deal. The most famous athlete I've met would probably be Dan Marino. Although he may not be quite as well known now as some more recent athletes like Tim Tebow. :shrug:

L

lugebob

I have met the ever famous Toppick a few times and was in awe... I had no idea how to react :smoochy: or :duel:

Otter

Nothing to see here
I think my post broke down at least most of the options. have you ever seen a poll on this website before? go look at them :yay:

I've met mostly athletes and politicians. Maybe 1 or 2 actors but I can't really remember who, and none of them were 'major' people on TV/movies so it wasn't a big deal. The most famous athlete I've met would probably be Dan Marino. Although he may not be quite as well known now as some more recent athletes like Tim Tebow. :shrug:

Met Marino once when the Dolphins were in town..beforehand thought of him as arrogant. Changed my tune after talking with him for 5, 10 minutes...Really was a nice guy.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Met Marino once when the Dolphins were in town..beforehand thought of him as arrogant. Changed my tune after talking with him for 5, 10 minutes...Really was a nice guy.

He can be a nice guy, but he can be really arrogant too. His oldest son is a nightmare (though he's into drama so that can explain it) and the rest aren't much better. It just depends on his mood and a bunch of other factors that go into the situation when you meet him.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
...I met otter once. All the other times were hanging out because he was so cool, put me at ease and was just fun to hang with. Plus, I think he was buying. Not the megawatt super star azzhat I was expecting at all even though I got his name wrong once or twice and called him 'racoon' or something that could have for sure made me look like a dork had he chosen to not just let it slide.

:buddies:
I met Woodchuck a couple times too. Then he deleted himself.

red_explorer

Over the years.....

I've met a few different people. Grew up with the DeMatha basketball people in College Park, so I knew a lot of sports people through them. And I worked in College Park, so MD football and basketball were big. Lefty Dresell (sp) wasnt that neat. Parris Glendenning was a regular at the store I worked at, and was such a joke. This was when he was County Executive for PG, and I didnt vote for him as governor because of the way he acted, and he proved me right. I met the Grateful Dead, and Abby Hoffman at the hotel where I worked. I also went to school with several women who are now pretty well known actors, and still really sweet and genuine. For the most part, they're all pretty cool, although some are obnoxious.

One of the ones who has always impressed me was Danny Ferry, who was several yearss ahead of me in gradeschool. He played DeMatha, then Duke, then I think Cleveland Cavaliers. He was really nice, very funny. Remembered me years later when his Duke team stayed at the hotel, even introduced me to the whole team. He was a very genuinely nice person.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Lloyd Bridges
Grant Goodeve (Eight is Enough)
Lynn Herring (Lucy Coe of General Hospital)
Jeffrey Carlson (TV and stage)
Pat Collins (he was the MC when my FIL was inducted into the Washington DC Boxing Hall of Fame)

Some big time Redskins player back in 1985. Sister and I were in Georgetown at some nightclub called The Library. The guy came up and was hitting on me, I paid him no mind. He said to me, Don't you know who I am? Me, Nope. Him, I am So&So of the Washington Redskins! Me, :shrug: I'm a San Francisco fan. Him ---> :burning: and stormed off.

:lmao:

Otter

Nothing to see here
I've met a few different people. Grew up with the DeMatha basketball people in College Park, so I knew a lot of sports people through them. And I worked in College Park, so MD football and basketball were big. Lefty Dresell (sp) wasnt that neat. Parris Glendenning was a regular at the store I worked at, and was such a joke. This was when he was County Executive for PG, and I didnt vote for him as governor because of the way he acted, and he proved me right. I met the Grateful Dead, and Abby Hoffman at the hotel where I worked. I also went to school with several women who are now pretty well known actors, and still really sweet and genuine. For the most part, they're all pretty cool, although some are obnoxious.

One of the ones who has always impressed me was Danny Ferry, who was several yearss ahead of me in gradeschool. He played DeMatha, then Duke, then I think Cleveland Cavaliers. He was really nice, very funny. Remembered me years later when his Duke team stayed at the hotel, even introduced me to the whole team. He was a very genuinely nice person.

I gave Morgan Wooten's wife tennis lessons for a summer, that count? lol

BuddyLee

Football addict
Some big time Redskins player back in 1985. Sister and I were in Georgetown at some nightclub called The Library. The guy came up and was hitting on me, I paid him no mind. He said to me, Don't you know who I am? Me, Nope. Him, I am So&So of the Washington Redskins! Me, :shrug: I'm a San Francisco fan. Him ---> :burning: and stormed off.

:lmao:
:lmao: Why can't I get that lucky?

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I have met Luciano Pavarotti, shook his hand... he was a lovely person.

Others I have met....
Henry Rollins, 3 times
Tim Armstrong from the band Rancid (gave me his beeper # to come
see him in New York)
Dean Ween (aka Mickey Melchiondo) from the Band Ween
the band Marah but that is because my brother is very good friends
with 2 of them and one of them visits my mom reguarly
The Goats, political rappers from Philly in the 90s (I was at Swayzak's birthday party)
Lush (from England)
John Waters
Kevin Trudeau (I don't like him, he's more infamous)
Murphy's Law, a New York Hardcore band
Agent Orange, S. Cali surf punk band.... met them 2 times
Chief Halftown, who had a kids show on a local Philly channel
I know I'm missing a few..... my memory isn't what it used to be.

Last edited:

Otter

Nothing to see here
I have met Luciano Pavorati, shook his hand... he was a lovely person.

Others I have met....
Henry Rollins, 3 times
Tim Armstrong from the band Rancid (gave me his beeper # to come
see him in New York)
Dean Ween (aka Mickey Melchiondo) from the Band Ween
the band Marah but that is because my brother is very good friends
with 2 of them and one of them visits my mom reguarly
The Goats, political rappers from Philly in the 90s (I was at Swayzak's birthday party)
Lush (from England)
John Waters
Kevin Trudeau (I don't like him, he's more infamous)
Murphy's Law, a New York Hardcore band
Agent Orange, S. Cali surf punk band.... met them 2 times
Chief Halftown, who had a kids show on a local Philly channel
I know I'm missing a few..... my memory isn't what it used to be.

I thought you ran with Timothy Leary...

kermitt

I have been..disenchanted
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Hulk Hogan, Jimmy Valiant, Jimmy Hart, Billy and Bart Gunn and Mr. Fuji. Yes I'm a geek.