Have you ever met a 'Famous' person?

Ever met a famous person & acted like a dork?

• Yes

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • Don't care

Votes: 7 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
If so, did you get all tongue tied & act like a dork?
I can think of one who I was indifferent towards: Ginuwine. He would go shopping in Waldorf and I saw him in my store occasionally. I didn't know he was 'somebody' until someone else mentioned it. :lol: I also went to high school with a guy who became an R&B star; I doubt I would act differently if I saw him today.

Wanna make friends with em? Dont talk about what makes them famous, talk about normal stuff like family, work and places they have visited.
That's true. But I can imagine, if I met someone who I was totally in awe of, I would be like Chris Farley's one SNL character... nervous and fumbling and repeatedly asking, "So... do you remember that scene..." :lmao:

I met Lawrence Taylor at a craps table in AC many years back. He had what seemed like a body guard with him who was about half his size.

I also met James Brown (not that one - the one who does NFL on CBS) earlier this year.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Okay, It's pretty simple though. Bye.

"have you ever met a famous person and acted like a retard, yes, no, or I don't care?"

so basically, there is the obvious "yes, i met a famous person and acted like a retard". next is no...so is that u met a famous person and DIDNT act like a retard, haven't met a famous person so couldn't act like a retard? Or are two incredibly different answers clumped into one response? Then the "I dont care"...is that "I dont care" about this question, or not caring about meeting a celeb, or what? :whistle:

i've met plenty of celebs, never acted stupid, but your poll isn't very well defined.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

...I met otter once. All the other times were hanging out because he was so cool, put me at ease and was just fun to hang with. Plus, I think he was buying. Not the megawatt super star azzhat I was expecting at all even though I got his name wrong once or twice and called him 'racoon' or something that could have for sure made me look like a dork had he chosen to not just let it slide.

:buddies:

R

RadioPatrol

92? or maybe 93 Justice Sandra O'Conner - @ her house in Chevy Chase to fix a stopped up drain another time to fix a pipe leak

92? Robert Bork - he was going into an Office Building 19th & Pa Ave

92/93 Pat Collins - Channel 9? Reporter - Unstopped his shower drain

92-94 Lilla Tower ex wife of Senator Tower's and is Stepson George (maybe not so famous but her ex was a senator)

Yes I was a Plumber for 5 1/2 yrs did most of my work in DC our office was 700 Va Ave Se ... so we got a lot of Capital Hill Work as well ... ( Primarily work in NW) I did a lot of work in the Hawk and Dove on Pa Ave 2 blocks from the Capital

94 Gary Colman - Brennan's in New Orleans - Next Table over @ breakfast

06 Oliver North - an employer had offices @ the other end of the building from his Company ... Nice guy talked to him after his trip in 06 back to 'Nam I also did some IT Consulting to their IT Guy

2008- G Gordan Liddy - Voting day here in Ft Washington @ the polls

Last edited by a moderator:

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
I can think of one who I was indifferent towards: Ginuwine. He would go shopping in Waldorf and I saw him in my store occasionally. I didn't know he was 'somebody' until someone else mentioned it. :lol: I also went to high school with a guy who became an R&B star; I doubt I would act differently if I saw him today.

That's true. But I can imagine, if I met someone who I was totally in awe of, I would be like Chris Farley's one SNL character... nervous and fumbling and repeatedly asking, "So... do you remember that scene..." :lmao:

I have to admit I'm an old fart and don't know who 'Ginuwine' is, so I'd probably walk right past him without a second thought. Chris Farley though, oh yeah.

I just totally admire Cal Ripken, Jr. and could kick myself for being so 'star-struck'. He was very nice, natural and not at all acting like he was a big shot.

BuddyLee

Football addict
pfttttt..

Oh yeah, I chased down Dexter Manley at WalMart and was half in his limo to to talk to him. I love him.
I was going to run over to the G&H jewelers but ran out of time.:doh:

I've seen him before at the stadium.

Oh and I've only been dorky around Cooley. Pete was there.:lol:

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
"have you ever met a famous person and acted like a retard, yes, no, or I don't care?"

so basically, there is the obvious "yes, i met a famous person and acted like a retard". next is no...so is that u met a famous person and DIDNT act like a retard, haven't met a famous person so couldn't act like a retard? Or are two incredibly different answers clumped into one response? Then the "I dont care"...is that "I dont care" about this question, or not caring about meeting a celeb, or what? :whistle:

i've met plenty of celebs, never acted stupid, but your poll isn't very well defined.

Okay, tell me how to do it better.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Have met a few astronauts, gave Judy Resnick(Challenger) a tour of a computer facilty at GSFC. Redskins, Ripken, Monk, Sonny and others. Pat Summerall back when he was teamed with Madden. Dated Karen Allen in high school(Indiana Jones)..Nascar drivers...Pete...

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I was going to run over to the G&H jewelers but ran out of time.:doh:

I've seen him before at the stadium.

Oh and I've only been dorky around Cooley. Pete was there.:lol:

I told Dexter that I wanted to thank him for the best football memories of my life. He gave me that big grin of his and patted me on the back. :cheesy:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Have met a few astronauts, gave Judy Resnick(Challenger) a tour of a computer facilty at GSFC. Redskins, Ripken, Monk, Sonny and others. Pat Summerall back when he was teamed with Madden. Dated Karen Allen in high school(Indiana Jones)..Nascar drivers...Pete...

I forgot all about the Challenger astronauts :frown: Ooooh...I danced with Dan Brandenstein at a Christmas party at GSFC. :bigwhoop:

Well, that explains the Karen fixation. :ohwell: