Heard a Rumor

TPD

the poor dad
I heard a rumor that if you you test positive for the ‘rona and you didn’t leave good contact info with the health department or they cannot contact you then they send a sheriffs deputy out to find you and serve you an order to quarantine. Can anyone confirm this? If so what a great way for our deputies to spend their time! I feel so much safer in the community now if this is true!

maybe this will be one of my FOIA requests this week...

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
?
Assume you take the call and you are positive. They tell you to quarantine and you say sure. Fine. And you go to the store. who's checking up following you?

Grumpy

?
Assume you take the call and you are positive. They tell you to quarantine and you say sure. Fine. And you go to the store. who's checking up following you?
So what with the call?? I get spam calls all day long, why should I believe a call that tells me to quarantine??

TPD

the poor dad
?
Hmmm maybe the police are sent out to put an ankle bracelet on you? I wonder if the health department calls you every couple days to check on your condition. So many questions so few answers.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
Hmmm maybe the police are sent out to put an ankle bracelet on you? I wonder if the health department calls you every couple days to check on your condition. So many questions so few answers.
What do you mean? It sounds like they're totally on the ball to me. :jet:

Bet the Sheriff's deputies really love their jobs these days. :rolleyes:

Shame on Sheriff Cameron for making them do this stupid crap.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
That’s what StM Co gets for electing a cuck for a sheriff.
So happy to have Sheriff Mike and his fine deputies not spend their time on this chit!!!
So far! I haven't known any of the CC businesses having to go through any of this nonsense. I work for a small business, and we, too, have put in place all the things we are supposed to - no one's said anything to us at all. @TPD said that at one point, the STM Heath Dept. told him his SIGN on the front door was too small! He said today that they took issue with the directional "6 foot" distancing markers on the floor! They need to get a freaking damn life. I wish I didn't have to work, I'd be at the Health Dept at 7:30 on the day of the rally over there, too.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
or they cannot contact you then they send a sheriffs deputy out to find you and serve you an order to quarantine.

anecdotal side note

there have been several reported cases - back in April / May - folks wrongly added to a contact tracing db threatened with jail if they did not sign papers saying they would self quarantine .... no how much they tried to explain

we have never been tested no one here is positive

the drones refused to listen .... because ya know all information entered into a computer system is 100% accurate

dgates80

Land of the lost
Korea is a surveillance society. Business make you scan a QR code that you are required to have on your phone, or at a minimum fill in a sign in sheet that includes your phone number. If required to quarantine, you have to install a location monitoring app that tracks your GPS position and if you go more than 25 meters from your required and registered quarantine location it sends a message to the government immediately. More than three violations and they put an ankle GPS tracker on you. Still violate? They either deport you or take you to jail, along with a several thousand dollar fine. They are SERIOUS about this too, it is not an idle threat, they actually do this. If you "cheat" but leaving your phone behind, their app software detects that too,: if a phone does not make some small movement every 30 minutes they call you, no answer, you're busted. While their system is not 100% perfect, it stops on the order of 90% of the quarantine cheaters in a society that is fundamentally not inclined to cheat anyway.

CCTV cameras everywhere, all feeding to the government. The have, and use, best of class facial recognition software for contact tracing. Masks are no problem for this software, by the way.

Korea has seen only marginal success in managing 'rona transmission with all this. Hmmmm.

stgislander

PREMO Member
As I like to tell people, the Gov of PA swears up and down he followed all the guidelines and recommendations 100%... and still got the Rona.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I read over the weekend, the two MD counties that are currently experiencing the biggest surge in Rona case are not going to be receiving any of the vaccine this first go around.

DogWhisperer

Korea is a surveillance society. Business make you scan a QR code that you are required to have on your phone, or at a minimum fill in a sign in sheet that includes your phone number. If required to quarantine, you have to install a location monitoring app that tracks your GPS position and if you go more than 25 meters from your required and registered quarantine location it sends a message to the government immediately. More than three violations and they put an ankle GPS tracker on you. Still violate? They either deport you or take you to jail, along with a several thousand dollar fine. They are SERIOUS about this too, it is not an idle threat, they actually do this. If you "cheat" but leaving your phone behind, their app software detects that too,: if a phone does not make some small movement every 30 minutes they call you, no answer, you're busted. While their system is not 100% perfect, it stops on the order of 90% of the quarantine cheaters in a society that is fundamentally not inclined to cheat anyway.

CCTV cameras everywhere, all feeding to the government. The have, and use, best of class facial recognition software for contact tracing. Masks are no problem for this software, by the way.

Korea has seen only marginal success in managing 'rona transmission with all this. Hmmmm.
Don't give the governor any ideas. Apparently he has connections in Korea.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
So happy to have Sheriff Mike and his fine deputies not spend their time on this chit!!!

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Keep thinking that. When this began some Calvert Deputies were stopping people to check their "travel papers". The new thing is to run speed enforcement at schools that already have speed cameras after they shut off for the day. Mt. Harmony has one going on about half the times I go past it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Coming soon to a United States near you....

The Biden campaign is working already with Big Tech, bringing players into his administration, and I have to believe it's for just this purpose. There's no other reason why he'd want all these nerds around because this is all they are good for.

I know people are reading my posts (and yours) going, "Nah, won't happen here. What a tinfoil hatter! BWAhahahaha!" But it was just one year ago we couldn't imagine our government shutting down small businesses and restricting our travel and domestic movements and forcing people into quarantine. Just one short year ago if you'd told those folks that the government would be arresting people simply for operating their legal small business, they'd have said, "Nah, won't happen here. What a tinfoil hatter! BWAhahahaha!"

And yet here we are.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Coming soon to a United States near you....

The Biden campaign is working already with Big Tech, bringing players into his administration, and I have to believe it's for just this purpose. There's no other reason why he'd want all these nerds around because this is all they are good for.

I know people are reading my posts (and yours) going, "Nah, won't happen here. What a tinfoil hatter! BWAhahahaha!" But it was just one year ago we couldn't imagine our government shutting down small businesses and restricting our travel and domestic movements and forcing people into quarantine. Just one short year ago if you'd told those folks that the government would be arresting people simply for operating their legal small business, they'd have said, "Nah, won't happen here. What a tinfoil hatter! BWAhahahaha!"

And yet here we are.
As Americans, it was in our corporate DNA to defy overreaching authority. We lost that after 1933.