Hello Fresh

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
For your leftover broccoli....

I use the sour cream and mayo, add halved green grapes and shredded carrot. And I usually make just half a recipe since I am using broccoli left from something else. And half is just right for me for 2 meals.

stgislander

PREMO Member
For your leftover broccoli....

I use the sour cream and mayo, add halved green grapes and shredded carrot. And I usually make just half a recipe since I am using broccoli left from something else. And half is just right for me for 2 meals.
I could eat that every day.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Meatloaf à la Mom with Potato Wedges, Broccoli & Gravy

meatloaf-HF.jpg

The broccoli was amazing, the potatoes really good, and the meatloaf was good except too much onion. They sent a small yellow onion - half goes in the meatloaf mix, the other half goes in the gravy. They didn't tell me to carmelize the gravy onions but of course you should do that and I should have carmelized the meatloaf onions as well because it was a lot of onion and they still were somewhat crunchy.

This was a super hearty meal and a lot of food. There were no special skills involved, just basic cooking techniques. Oven roasting potatoes and broccoli, making a pan gravy, mixing up a meatloaf. Took maybe 35 minutes from start to plate.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Meatloaf à la Mom with Potato Wedges, Broccoli & Gravy

View attachment 168840

The broccoli was amazing, the potatoes really good, and the meatloaf was good except too much onion. They sent a small yellow onion - half goes in the meatloaf mix, the other half goes in the gravy. They didn't tell me to carmelize the gravy onions but of course you should do that and I should have carmelized the meatloaf onions as well because it was a lot of onion and they still were somewhat crunchy.

This was a super hearty meal and a lot of food. There were no special skills involved, just basic cooking techniques. Oven roasting potatoes and broccoli, making a pan gravy, mixing up a meatloaf. Took maybe 35 minutes from start to plate.
Thank You.
I placed our order this afternoon.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
They sent me a promo good for 18 FREE meals + FREE shipping. After I signed up and entered the promo code, I learned that they spelled "graduated discounts and free shipping on the first box" wrong.

Anyway, I've been meaning to try it and I'm willing to commit to 9 weeks. The pre-portioned ingredients are perfect for me because when I want Harissa Chicken, say, I just want one meal of it, not having the ingredients to make it for the rest of my life hanging around.

Anyone subscribe to it? Or another meal kit thing that you like better?

HF started out on the wrong foot with me - I hate a bait & switch. Hopefully the meals will be good. If nothing else, I'll have some new recipes in my arsenal.
I didn't try HF, but my co-worker did and liked it! Same reason as you + it was great not having to go shopping for the ingredients. (Her words)

I tried the Every Plate brand. It was great for Thing1. I tend to eat the same things in the summer during the week - grilled Chicken and Salad. I love it and it's my go-to. But the Every Plate worked for Thing1 because it was a variety, and I could make a meal and would have leftovers for him for the next day. I found the food to be fresh and always good, too.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Brown Sugar Bourbon Pork Chops with Apple Pan Sauce, Scallion Mashed Potatoes & Brussels Sprouts

porkchopapple.jpg

This was a killer meal! Again, nothing fancy, no special cooking skills required, the main attraction is the idea to do it and the portioned out ingredients so you don't have to buy big containers of stuff. The pork chops could have been bigger just because they were so good, but I'm full.

I'm not a huge fruit with meat person but the apple pan sauce was savory and hearty, just a hint of sweet and tart. I'd eat this meal again. :yay:

Brown Sugar Bourbon Pork Chops with Apple Pan Sauce, Scallion Mashed Potatoes & Brussels Sprouts

View attachment 168858

This was a killer meal! Again, nothing fancy, no special cooking skills required, the main attraction is the idea to do it and the portioned out ingredients so you don't have to buy big containers of stuff. The pork chops could have been bigger just because they were so good, but I'm full.

I'm not a huge fruit with meat person but the apple pan sauce was savory and hearty, just a hint of sweet and tart. I'd eat this meal again. :yay:
All of this is exactly why I figured you would enjoy at least giving them a try. Even if you end up quitting, it promises to excite you about cooking and flexing your taste palette to boot! My sis was always texting me they had her combining things she never thought would go together only to find out it was the perfect pairing!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
it promises to excite you about cooking and flexing your taste palette to boot!

Yep to both.

I lost my cooking mojo when we were in the motorhome because it was such a hassle and we ate out a lot. I'm enjoying cooking again.

Plus I am trying new things that I'd have never thought to get at the grocery store. Next week is Chimichurri Barramundi with Lemony Carrots & Garlic Couscous. The internet says I'd like barramundi but I'd have never even looked at it before.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron

View attachment 168858

I like baking pork cutlets covered in spiced apples.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Peanut Chicken Bowl with Garlic Quinoa and Smashed Cucumbers

peanut chicken.jpg

I'd eat this every day. The cucumbers add a crispness and tart that keeps the peanut chicken from being too heavy.