Hello Fresh

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I wish I could smell that.
It had some chili flakes in the recipe that brought out all the other flavors. The crispy cukes blended well with the spiciness. This was a good restaurant quality meal.

I think all the measured out spices and additives help. HF must have a very capable test kitchen where they put all these recipes together.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Salmon Limone over Herbed Couscous with Zucchini & Tomato

SalmonLimone.jpg

I forgot to take a pic but this is what it looked like except my crema wasn't as nicely drizzled, it was more plopped on. I always feel like I should eat more zucchini and more fish because I like it, I just never eat it for some reason.

This was a tasty restaurant quality meal that I'd have never ordered out because it's too chi-chi and healthy. I'm not sure what possessed me to get the fixins from HF - I must have been having a moment - but it was really good and I'd make it again.

The whole thing took 25 minutes from start to plate.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Balsamic Tomato & Herb Chicken over Buttery Garlic Spaghetti

chicken-balsamic.jpg

The star of this show was the balsamic tomato topping that you can't see because of the mozz, but it was amazing. The rest of the dish was just spaghetti and grilled chicken. I'm keeping the balsamic tomato recipe - next time I'd skip the chicken and make extra topping for the sketti.

I don't know if I'd waste a HF meal on this again but I'd make it from scratch.

1 Roma tomato, diced
2 T balsamic vinegar
sprinkle of Italian seasoning
pinch of sugar
chopped parsley

• Heat a drizzle of oil over med-high.
  • Add diced tomatoes and Italian seasoning.
  • Cook until soft, about 1 minute.
  • Stir in vinegar and sugar, and simmer for 1 minute.
  • Remove from heat and stir in 1 Tbsp butter.
  • When the butter is melted, stir in chopped parsley.
  • Season with salt and pepper.

This is a stingy amount so double the recipe at least and toss it with hot pasta.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Chimichurri Barrimundi with Lemony Roasted Carrots and Garlic Couscous

barrimundi.jpg

Barrimundi is a good eating fish - meaty and mild. The chimichurri was unpleasant by itself, but turned into a star when drizzled over the fish and mopped up with the carrots and couscous. This would have been a super boring meal except for the chimichurri.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Banh Mi-Style Turkey Meatball Bowls with Pickled Veggie Salad, Chili Lime Mayo & Ginger Rice

BanhMiMeatballs.jpg

Normally I wouldn't eat a turkey meatball because they smell like ass, but this was really good. Tossed in a sweet soy glaze with lots of garlic and ginger.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ginger Chicken & Rice Bowls with Spicy Smashed Cucumbers & Peanuts

GingerChicken.jpg

Spicy, salty, a little tart, a little sweet - this is my idea of a comfort meal.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hoisin Shrimp with Roasted Green Beans and Jasmine Rice

hoisin-shrimp.jpg

This meal sounds better than it tastes. It was pretty bland and roasting isn't the best way to cook green beans because they get a weird texture. I wouldn't get this one again.