Hello, new to forum and loads of questions!

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Reverie Acres
Reverie Acres Riding Academy - Where dreams can come true! in Calvert County.
Randi is AWESOME. She does pony club too.
Lesson Rates Private (45 minutes) ...........$45
Semi-Private (1 hour, 2 riders) ...............$35
Group (1 hour, 3 or more riders) .............$25
Semester Rates (per 8 week session):
Private $315
Semi-Private $245
Group $175

Polocross requires your own horse, and practices are wed eves and saturday morning. This is the local club's website: Xtreme Polocrosse |extreme fun playing polocrosse

I have an experianced poloX pony that could use some extra riding! LOL

Last edited:

Chickadee1

So riding at Reviere Acres you learn all kinds of riding and nothing specific?.......do they have other riding besides Pony Club...........would a beginner be able to go to a higher level of riding?.........oh, heck guess I'm trying to find out what the trainers and riders experience.......past performances are.

devinej

i've been spending some time over at reverie acres, and they seem to have a pretty good lesson program. and yes a beginner would be able to learn and grow to a higher level of riding. they teach multiple disciplines there. you don't have to do pony club, but they are big fans of it (its fun!) and they are also big fans of the CHA

CountryLady

luvmyponies
ALSO If at some point you are able to find a lease option.
I know of a trainer that travels and her rates are very reasonable.

Dakota's Legacy, LLC

A freind of mine has her for a trainer and said she is GREAT.

She teaches western! Not sure if she teaches any english though.

Last edited:

DFSquare

Well that is for 2 children correct? That would only be $35.00 a lesson which is the going rate in this area.

Nope, that we per person! That's why I wigged out. I know the rates are different in different parts of the country, but I just couldn't believe that was really the going rate. I was told "you get what you pay for" which is true, but wow!

I'm just glad I decided to de-lurk and ask for input. You all are wonderful!

Dawn

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
ALSO If at some point you are able to find a lease option.
I know of a trainer that travels and her rates are very reasonable.

Dakota's Legacy, LLC

A freind of mine has her for a trainer and said she is GREAT.

She teaches western! Not sure if she teaches any english though.

She does english also. she pretty much does it all.

Also, if the OP is looking for good flat riding, I would recommend Mary Alice Good. Her and her daughter really teach the rider the importance of the horses poll, a rounded back, and moving from the hind end.

They ride QH circuit also

CountryLady

luvmyponies

Also, if the OP is looking for good flat riding, I would recommend Mary Alice Good. Her and her daughter really teach the rider the importance of the horses poll, a rounded back, and moving from the hind end.

I thought she had told me when I spoke to her a year ago or so that she taught English also, but it didn't see that in her web site. So I really wasn't sure. I know her prices were reasonable.

So thanks.

kelsiann

Do you go to competition or shows?.........it is cheaper to ride your own horse then a lesson horse?......website looks very nice.

I personally don't because I don't have money for shows at the time but I believe a few of the boarders do showing. The owner has 2 personal horses that she shows and she has her own transportation and shes pretty flexible, if you requested a show she more then likely wouldn't mind scheduling it. She also does fox hunts, hunter paces, and trail rides with a group from the barn.

I believe its the same price for your own horse or a lesson horse but I'm not sure, you could e-mail her and find out since she does allow people to trailer there horses to the property and have a lesson on them. I know she does quite well when people ride their own horses as she works on the bond between rider and horse to communicate together, she does that with the lesson horses also but since they're so laid back there is much more focus on your riding over the horse. (I say that because lesson horses are kind of just do whatever, they've been there and done that before and need minimum communication to execute something correctly when typically if you own your own horse they aren't like that.)

lovemyber135

there is also this place on route 6 in laplata which i dont think is too far from indian head she charges $40 a lesson and prolly cheaper for a group lesson so your boys can learn together...its called veritas farms...veritas-farms.com

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)

I think I met Chey a few times when I kept my horse at Taney Place in Prince Frederick. She was boarding a big 7 or 8 year old paint horse there. Does she show him under saddle or in comformation? Never saw her ride, but saw her lunging him and doing showmanship with him.

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
I think I met Chey a few times when I kept my horse at Taney Place in Prince Frederick. She was boarding a big 7 or 8 year old paint horse there. Does she show him under saddle or in comformation? Never saw her ride, but saw her lunging him and doing showmanship with him.

All I know is she use to ride on the QH circuit under Mary Alice and then went off on her own and I think she got a paint or a app not positive. I don't see her ride much jsut when she's training a friends horse at shows

DFSquare

Don't go to the dark side! :whistle::evil:

It would be a whole new set of skills! I don't even know how to work a cinch, much to my dad's dismay.

He's a rodeo guy and cowboy (really raising cows) from wwwwwwwaaaaaayyyyyyy back and believes horses should earn their keep and saddles should be for working.

I always told him that they "earned" my love and I had to work at schooling. :drummer:

Last edited: