Hello to all

Red_rocket

I've been busy watching all of folks post and have fun for a little while now. Most of you seem like you are a pretty fun bunch.

I'd just like to intro myself.

I live in Mechanicsville. I own a classic 1968 Ford Galaxie which is the idea behind my UserID. It is bright red and is also all original and only has 80,000 mile on her.

It is parked right now but when my son is old enough to appreciate it I want him to help me replace the fuel system on it and start taking it to some shows again.

Well That is enough about me for now. I just wanted to say hello and let you folks know who I am.

I'll be popping in and out. I don't have a lot of time during the day but I do like to post in the evenings so maybe I'll talk to soem of you later

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Did you just buy that car? There was one for sale not too long ago very close to where I live.

Howdy!

tipsy mcgee

Always thirsty
Since RodRugg hasn't posted in a while, I'll do my impersonation of him.

"My grandmother has a '68 Galaxy that's camouflage that she uses to haul kindling wood and to run over groundhogs that eat up her cabbage and hackeberry bushes. My uncle would take the dead groundhog skins and sell them at the farmer's market as fake fox. People would come from the city and buy them up like hotcakes."

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by tipsy mcgee

"My grandmother has a '68 Galaxy that's camouflage that she uses to haul kindling wood and to run over groundhogs that eat up her cabbage and hackeberry bushes. My uncle would take the dead groundhog skins and sell them at the farmer's market as fake fox. People would come from the city and buy them up like hotcakes."
That's better than Rod! :killingme :lmao:

G

Greg

:cheers: Hey Red Rocket....

your user ID reminds me of an episode of South Park....

C'mon boy........ red rocket...... red rocket........ c'mon boy..... red rocket.

:lmao: :lmao:

Red_rocket

I have had the car for about 5 years now. I drove it for a long time. But it also sat for a long tome before I bought it and the Gas tank, gas lines and the carb is all gummed up and needs to be replaced. Because of that it is runnng like crap right now, if it will run at all

Red_rocket

That thing about Rodrugg or whoever was hilarious.

And to whoevere brought it up.... I thought about the Southpark reference after I had signed up and then it was a little too late.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Hello and welcome. That's great that you want to work on your car with your son. My hubby has a 73 Nova with 15000 orig. miles on her that he wants to fix up for our son (he's 5 now)!

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Welcome. Former "old Ford" owner myself. Good luck with the car.

:howdy:

I'll take Sept. 15th or sooner for $20, Alex. :biggrin:

Red_rocket

Wow Thanks for the welcome. Glad to see there are still some old car finatics out there. All the kids I see today are into the import thing and It just drives me nuts. The put on those bugle pipes and sound like a ####ed off bumblebee coming up the road hehehehe

What ever happened to "there's no substitute for Cubic Inches" and good ole American pride in and American built automobile.....

Well None the less thanks again.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Red_rocket
What ever happened to "there's no substitute for Cubic Inches" and good ole American pride in and American built automobile.....
Some of us are still around. '79 El Camino, looking for a 65 Tempest 2+2. Welcome aboard.

Red_rocket

Man I was really upset this past weekend

I had some friends over the house from out of town, and took one of them out to see the car in the garage. I know the car is covered in dust and is dirty but I opened it up to show the person the interior and there is mold all over the interior. It has just been sitting since the fuel sytem went to crap, I didn't know it was getting all molded. I got to take it out as soon as possible and clean it, inside and out