Help! I waited until the last minute!

MikeyBash

Last time, when we got hit by Irene, I bought several battery powered lanterns that were very useful during the week we had no power. For some reason (i'm blaming it on my 3 teenagers!), they are all gone!

When I discovered this, i started running around to wal-mart, lowes, target, etc... and I haven't found ANY in stock! i could order from amazon, but they would take too long to get here.

Does anybody know where i can buy a couple of simple, battery powered (or even primus-type) lanterns that I can get right away at a local store? I'm expecting to lose power in the next day or two, and based on passed experience, it'll probably be out for a week or so.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Mike Basham

bash at infront dot net

Thanks!

Last time, when we got hit by Irene, I bought several battery powered lanterns that were very useful during the week we had no power. For some reason (i'm blaming it on my 3 teenagers!), they are all gone!

When I discovered this, i started running around to wal-mart, lowes, target, etc... and I haven't found ANY in stock! i could order from amazon, but they would take too long to get here.

Does anybody know where i can buy a couple of simple, battery powered (or even primus-type) lanterns that I can get right away at a local store? I'm expecting to lose power in the next day or two, and based on passed experience, it'll probably be out for a week or so.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Mike Basham

bash at infront dot net

Thanks!
Don't just look in the flashlight section. I found some really cool battery operated LED lamps in the automotive section. You can also look in the hunting sections and home iimprovement sections where they offer those battery operated closet lights.

MikeyBash

Don't just look in the flashlight section. I found some really cool battery operated LED lamps in the automotive section. You can also look in the hunting sections and home iimprovement sections where they offer those battery operated closet lights.
thanks, i'll give that a try!

E

EmptyTimCup

get several of the LED sidewalk lights

you put them in a smaller jar, then sink that in a larger 'pickle' jar ... provides lots of light, you put it back outside during the day to recharge

MikeyBash

:yeahthat: Look for the "as seen on TV" sections... they may have the battery operated lightbulb thingy for closets.
I've got some of those, but they're not very bright, and I want the kind that looks like to old liquid-fuel campfire lights that you could put on the picnic table to provide enough light for everybody

garyt27

INAFJ
Heres a good idea: Go get some solar powered garden lights, they work great, if you can't get sunlight in time just put in some freshh AA batts.
Good Luck

General Lee

If you have generator or inverter type power, a string of Christmas lights or rope lighting will give light and draw very little power.