HELP Need a OB/GYN

JackMD

Hello Ladies,

I'm trying to find a new OB/GYN here in St. Mary's. I would probably prefer a male doctor for that. Does anyone have any suggestions? I refuse to see Dr. Tilley again and I was seeing Dr. Polsky for a long time, but it seems like he has rushed me out of the room the past couple of visits. I have a lot of GYN issues (PolyCystic Ovaries) and I don't want someone that rushes. A long time ago I saw Ann Naru, but she was rude to my husband so I won't go back to her.

Any advice??? :howdy:

Thanks,
Jack

sunflower

Loving My Life...
Sorry to hear you had problems with Ann she has been nothing but nice and supportive to me... I cant help you sorry.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Lisa Polko...:popcorn: She has always been patient and answered any questions I would have and I never felt like I was being rush...I use to go to Polsky.

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
Hello Ladies,

I'm trying to find a new OB/GYN here in St. Mary's. I would probably prefer a male doctor for that. Does anyone have any suggestions? I refuse to see Dr. Tilley again and I was seeing Dr. Polsky for a long time, but it seems like he has rushed me out of the room the past couple of visits. I have a lot of GYN issues (PolyCystic Ovaries) and I don't want someone that rushes. A long time ago I saw Ann Naru, but she was rude to my husband so I won't go back to her.

Any advice??? :howdy:

Thanks,
Jack

Please explain why you refuse to go to Dr. Tilley? I go to him and like him. Am I missing something?

J

jp2854

I go to dr. polko. You can specifically ask to see dr.polko and they will I bet accomodate you I bet. I have also seen ann naru too and don't find her to be that bad off but I prefer dr. polko over top of her plus i think they are also getting another doctor in her practice.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
I go to dr. polko. You can specifically ask to see dr.polko and they will I bet accomodate you I bet. I have also seen ann naru too and don't find her to be that bad off but I prefer dr. polko over top of her plus i think they are also getting another doctor in her practice.

I believe He is already in the office. I have no clue what his name is.

braneag

Sweetpea

They actually got two new doctors. Dr. Shonekin (not sure if I spelled that right) and Dr. Davis. I saw Dr. Shonekin two weeks ago for the first time and she seemed kind of short with me. I was the last appointment of the day so I'm sure she just had a long day. I'm seeing Dr. Davis my next visit. He delievered my sister's baby in August. Very nice doctor! He really seemed to care about what she wanted and how she felt! He took his time and listened to what she had to say and covered all of her concerns.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
They actually got two new doctors. Dr. Shonekin (not sure if I spelled that right) and Dr. Davis. I saw Dr. Shonekin two weeks ago for the first time and she seemed kind of short with me. I was the last appointment of the day so I'm sure she just had a long day. I'm seeing Dr. Davis my next visit. He delievered my sister's baby in August. Very nice doctor! He really seemed to care about what she wanted and how she felt! He took his time and listened to what she had to say and covered all of her concerns.

I didnt like Shonakin (sp) She delivered my baby and something was missing. Like she just wanted to hurry up and deliver and go home.Same as the office visits. I wish Polko had been on duty. But either way Im thankful she helped me deliver a healthy baby girl!!

Old Timer

Dr. Davis was great when he was practicing in Waldorf. I'm glad to see he's gone back into practice. If I didn't like Dr. Aron so much, I would consider making the trip to St. Mary's just to see Dr. Davis.

SShewbert

What love is all about

So how's that baby doing? Jr goes on Monday and we will see if he is going to be sent to the neurosurgeon or not.

braneag

Sweetpea
So how's that baby doing? Jr goes on Monday and we will see if he is going to be sent to the neurosurgeon or not.

So far so good! Three more weeks and we can find out what we're having, yaayy!! I hope everything works out for the best with your newest addition. He's looks like his daddy!

K

ketelone

I don't have any suggestions for who to use but I can tell you who NOT to use. Dr. Joyce Neal. I used her in 2000 when my oldest was born. My oldest daughter was kept in the hospital for 15 days. Dr. Neal never tested me for Strep B because she told me I wsn't at risk. Come to find out my daughter was born with group b strep. If they just would have run the blood test all they would have had to do was put me on Antibiotics while in labor and she would have been fine. Daughter had to have a spinal tap at 2 days old. I was in labor 25 hours. She sent me home after my water had broke and with a fever to labor at home. At one point they were telling us that my daughter would either be A-mentally challenged or B- die within 10 days because her fever was so high and they thought she had menengitis (sp).

D1VA

I don't have any suggestions for who to use but I can tell you who NOT to use. Dr. Joyce Neal. I used her in 2000 when my oldest was born. My oldest daughter was kept in the hospital for 15 days. Dr. Neal never tested me for Strep B because she told me I wsn't at risk. Come to find out my daughter was born with group b strep. If they just would have run the blood test all they would have had to do was put me on Antibiotics while in labor and she would have been fine. Daughter had to have a spinal tap at 2 days old. I was in labor 25 hours. She sent me home after my water had broke and with a fever to labor at home. At one point they were telling us that my daughter would either be A-mentally challenged or B- die within 10 days because her fever was so high and they thought she had menengitis (sp).
:howdy:
I agree!! DO NOT USE NEAL!!!
I was told I had a blighted ovum (5months along) and was not pregnant. The day before my d&c, guess what? I felt a kick and had another sonogram. My daughter is now 5, beautiful, and thank God healthy.
If I let Neal have her way,....I wouldn't have a daughter.

sockgirl77

Please explain why you refuse to go to Dr. Tilley? I go to him and like him. Am I missing something?

He is rude. He has no bedside manner whatsoever. He was the acting doctor at SMH through one of my miscarriages and was the most nonsympathic person I've ever met. I've been to his office with a few of my friends during their OB visits and he was just awful. I did like the midwife there though.

I love Ann Naru. She does my annuals and Polko did my OB care. I cannot praise that office enough. They are just wonderful. :yay::yay:

K

ketelone

:howdy:
I agree!! DO NOT USE NEAL!!!
I was told I had a blighted ovum (5months along) and was not pregnant. The day before my d&c, guess what? I felt a kick and had another sonogram. My daughter is now 5, beautiful, and thank God healthy.
If I let Neal have her way,....I wouldn't have a daughter.

She also kept telling me that my daughter was going to be very small. I never believed her because I could feel her and see the size of my tummy. She weighed almost 10 pounds at birth!!!! I mean, I know they can't tell you an exact weight but come one. I am sure when they did they ultrasound they could tell she was going to be a big baby!

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
I'm curious why you've decided against Dr. Tilley.

He's been my OB for quite a while, and delivered my daughter--I like him so much that even though I've since moved to Florida, I still plan to travel back to SOMD for my annual exams so that I can keep him as my doctor. He's very straightforward and no-nonsense; which is something I value very much in a medical professional and is increasingly difficult to find these days. I can't stand his midwife partner, though.

Of the others mentioned, I've only been seen by Polko and Neal...I didn't like either, and would certainly never try prenatal care with them ever again.

Best of luck in your search!

sunflower

Loving My Life...
I'm curious why you've decided against Dr. Tilley.

He's been my OB for quite a while, and delivered my daughter--I like him so much that even though I've since moved to Florida, I still plan to travel back to SOMD for my annual exams so that I can keep him as my doctor. He's very straightforward and no-nonsense; which is something I value very much in a medical professional and is increasingly difficult to find these days. I can't stand his midwife partner, though.

Of the others mentioned, I've only been seen by Polko and Neal...I didn't like either, and would certainly never try prenatal care with them ever again.

Best of luck in your search!

I'm curious as to why you dislike Polko?

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
I'm curious as to why you dislike Polko?

I found her very unwilling to respect my educated decisions regarding birth options and planning. She was very condescending, offered no supportable retort to my requests before outright shooting them down, and (maybe because she didn't like what I had to say?) spoke to me with all the courtesy she might offer one of the 15 year old crack whores out in her waiting room.

That's not the kind of medical care I prefer to pay for.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
I found her very unwilling to respect my educated decisions regarding birth options and planning. She was very condescending, offered no supportable retort to my requests before outright shooting them down, and (maybe because she didn't like what I had to say?) spoke to me with all the courtesy she might offer one of the 15 year old crack whores out in her waiting room.

That's not the kind of medical care I prefer to pay for.

Sorry you had a bad experience with her :huggy: