HELP Need a OB/GYN

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
He is rude. He has no bedside manner whatsoever. He was the acting doctor at SMH through one of my miscarriages and was the most nonsympathic person I've ever met. I've been to his office with a few of my friends during their OB visits and he was just awful. I did like the midwife there though.

I love Ann Naru. She does my annuals and Polko did my OB care. I cannot praise that office enough. They are just wonderful. :yay::yay:

I think Ann may have left. or was it the other lady? I'll find out for sure next week.

Either way I have no problems with anyone in Polko's office.

braneag

Sweetpea
I think Ann may have left. or was it the other lady? I'll find out for sure next week.

Either way I have no problems with anyone in Polko's office.

Ann is still there. She's my favorite even though she's just the nurse practitioner.

punjabigyrl

Hello Ladies,

I'm trying to find a new OB/GYN here in St. Mary's. I would probably prefer a male doctor for that. Does anyone have any suggestions? I refuse to see Dr. Tilley again and I was seeing Dr. Polsky for a long time, but it seems like he has rushed me out of the room the past couple of visits. I have a lot of GYN issues (PolyCystic Ovaries) and I don't want someone that rushes. A long time ago I saw Ann Naru, but she was rude to my husband so I won't go back to her.

Any advice??? :howdy:

Thanks,
Jack

Dr. Polko or Ann Naru the nurse practitioner 301-997-1788. Drs. Davis and Shanikin absolutely don't waste ur time for them. Here sre a couple of sites that you can use to find out reviews on doctors and research them as well. www.healthgrades.com(reseach your docotr or MD); www.physicianreports.com(get dr. reviews).

happy_bee4

Going back to the stars
Hello Ladies,

I'm trying to find a new OB/GYN here in St. Mary's. I would probably prefer a male doctor for that. Does anyone have any suggestions? I refuse to see Dr. Tilley again and I was seeing Dr. Polsky for a long time, but it seems like he has rushed me out of the room the past couple of visits. I have a lot of GYN issues (PolyCystic Ovaries) and I don't want someone that rushes. A long time ago I saw Ann Naru, but she was rude to my husband so I won't go back to her.

Any advice??? :howdy:

Thanks,
Jack
Lorraine Diana used to be in Dr. Polko's office but has moved to a general practice doctor office in Wildewood next to Belk. I had her when she was at Dr. Polko's office and liked her so much that I continued to see her even after she moved. It is Shah Associates, MD, LLC, Wildewood Shopping Center, #2051, California, MD phone #301-373-7700

sockgirl77

I found her very unwilling to respect my educated decisions regarding birth options and planning. She was very condescending, offered no supportable retort to my requests before outright shooting them down, and (maybe because she didn't like what I had to say?) spoke to me with all the courtesy she might offer one of the 15 year old crack whores out in her waiting room.

That's not the kind of medical care I prefer to pay for.

Or maybe it was because she was the doctor and knew what was best. Afterall, she's the one with MD on her name.:shrug:

deino2002

~LEGS FOR DAYS~
With doctors no matter what the practice, you either love them or hate them it really all depends on personal experiences with them....good luck :yay:

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
Or maybe it was because she was the doctor and knew what was best. Afterall, she's the one with MD on her name.:shrug:

I'm glad that you feel comfortable blindly following the orders of someone who has more "Credentials" than you; but insofar as my body and that of my child was concerned I preferred to be presented with information, relevant literature, and an explanation of logic that could be supported with facts before choosing to unquestioningly do what the big smart doctor said.

newgirl

My experience...

I went to see Dr. Davis in Leonardtown a few weeks ago. I would definitely recommend him to anyone needing a doctor. He was really kind and took his time to answer all of my questions...

lmwelch

I love Ann Naru. She does my annuals and Polko did my OB care. I cannot praise that office enough. They are just wonderful. :yay::yay:

:yeahthat:

I know you said you didn't want to go back to Anne, but I think you should give here another chance. However, if you don't want to do that, request Dr. Polko specifically. I've never seen her myself (always see Anne), but I've heard she's great. Good Luck!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I just got a referral to Polko and Davis. I just need a check up. Now I don't know if I want to go there.

J

jp2854

I just got a referral to Polko and Davis. I just need a check up. Now I don't know if I want to go there.

BSGal

Give them a try. I really like going to dr.polko shes very nice and so is ann naru. I have been going to them for about 6yrs. Dr.Polko is very good.

nana

Nana
My daughter was sent to Polka after her miscarriage (she was seeing Dr Vaughn in waldorf at the time) and her office was great when she concieved again Dr Davis was the one on call that night and was very tramatic for my daughter as she had never seen a male dr but he was great and now she likes him somewhat better than polka would recommend them all day long

amh24

I know you are looking for someone in st.mary's county but I live here in waldorf, and I go to civista ob/gyn associates and they are great.They have 3 women doctors and one male (Dr.Hotchkiss) office is well known.They are located in pembrooke square (301)843-3150.I know how hard it is to find a good Dr.

Last edited:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08

Was waiting for the results of the sonogram from my GP. Now I HAVE to go.....I'll call them Friday to schedule. I've got a call into my GP to refill the antibiotics for pneumonia.....I'll see how that works out first. I need to get back to him if he doesn't re-fill. Right now that is my highest priority.

N

nitwhit3286

He is rude. He has no bedside manner whatsoever. He was the acting doctor at SMH through one of my miscarriages and was the most nonsympathic person I've ever met. I've been to his office with a few of my friends during their OB visits and he was just awful. I did like the midwife there though.

agreed. Polko is patient and kind. Answers any and all questions you may have. She is wonderful. As is nurse practitioner ann naru. i saw her for all of my good ole annual gyno visits. She is sweet as can be. liked that office very much when I lived there. :)

Pooh31

I saw Dr. Davis and he was great. He took time to talk to me and made me feel comfortable, and I am not one that feels comfortable with males doctors.

Old Timer

I saw Dr. Davis and he was great. He took time to talk to me and made me feel comfortable, and I am not one that feels comfortable with males doctors.

What I really liked when I saw him was that he would listen to your explanation of what was wrong instead of assuming he knows how you felt which seemed to always happen with female gyn's. He will let you know that he's a male and hasn't been through what you are going through so he wanted a detailed explanation. He would even draw pictures on the paper on the examining table when he came in to chat after you got dressed so that you could visualize the options he was presenting. I would go back to him in a heartbeat if he ever opened another office in Charles County.