Help........Split Ends

mAlice

professional daydreamer
stockgirl said:
Thanks. I'll try it. I'm guessing that 1/2 of my problem is this damn perm has dried out my hair so much that it is frizzy. :ohwell:

Get the trim and try this before soaking a bunch of money on fancy scmancy stuff. You may just find you don't need to waste your money.

elaine said:
Get the trim and try this before soaking a bunch of money on fancy scmancy stuff. You may just find you don't need to waste your money.
Sally's has individual repair kits available for under $2 for some really good name brand products. She can get one or two of these packets and also a shower cap and use your suggestion for under $5.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
kwillia said:
Sally's has individual repair kits available for under $2 for some really good name brand products. She can get one or two of these packets and also a shower cap and use your suggesting for under $5.

Yes, she can. However, I can't vouch for that. I can vouch for the pantene cream and shower cap trick, though. Remember when I fried my hair a few years ago?

She'll want to do this repair process a couple of times a week for two, maybe three weeks, depending on the extent of the damage. So, it may cost less to buy the jar.

stockgirl

Stocki
I remember reading Teen magazine when I was about 15ish and putting Mayo in my hair. Didn't do a damn thing but stink up my bathroom and make my hair REALLY oily. Anyone ever do this?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
stockgirl said:
I remember reading Teen magazine when I was about 15ish and putting Mayo in my hair. Didn't do a damn thing but stink up my bathroom and make my hair REALLY oily. Anyone ever do this?

Yes. I got the same results. :lmao:

elaine said:
Yes, she can. However, I can't vouch for that. I can vouch for the pantene cream and shower cap trick, though. Remember when I fried my hair a few years ago?

She'll want to do this repair process a couple of times a week for two, maybe three weeks, depending on the extent of the damage. So, it may cost less to buy the jar.
Oooh I getcha now. I can vouch for the Ion brand conditioner. The Sally lady raved about it so I got some for my sis. She noticed a major difference in softness and less damage in just the first use and called me special to say her hair is even better now that she's used it several times. Sally's carries the separate Ion repair packets at under $2 each and also the repair conditioner in a multi-use tube for under $10.

stockgirl

Stocki
elaine said:
Yes. I got the same results. :lmao:
I cannot believe some of the crap I used to do. I did learn one great tip from Teen though. The natural oily in tuna is good for your skin. I eat 2-3 cans per week! :yum:

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
stockgirl said:
Getting a good trim is the best thing. If you are really worried about your length, take small sections of your hair and twist it tightly. The split ends will stick out from the twist, take a sharp pair is scissors and snip them off. Redken CAT treatment works great, or Humetress by Nexuss, smooth on the ends after your hair is towel dried.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
kwillia said:
Oooh I getcha now. I can vouch for the Ion brand conditioner. The Sally lady raved about it so I got some for my sis. She noticed a major difference in softness and less damage in just the first use and called me special to say her hair is even better now that she's used it several times. Sally's carries the separate Ion repair packets at under $2 each and also the repair conditioner in a multi-use tube for under $10.

That sounds like something I'd like to check out. :yay:

stockgirl

Stocki
Thanks girls. My closest friends are guys and they are worthless when it comes to stuff like this. :huggy:

However, they are bluntly honest when asking if my ass looks too fat in this pair of jeans. :lol:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
kwillia said:

I'll have to check this out since my hair is bleached now and will be bleached even more before the end of summer. It's going to take at least one more bleaching to get it to the color I want it on top. While it didn't damage my hair this time I'd like to have it super healthy and hydrated before next time.

CMC122

Go Braves!
stockgirl said:
:blushing:

pixiegirl said:
I'll have to check this out since my hair is bleached now and will be bleached even more before the end of summer. It's going to take at least one more bleaching to get it to the color I want it on top. While it didn't damage my hair this time I'd like to have it super healthy and hydrated before next time.
I really think both you and Elaine will be happy with this product line. I got my sis the daily shampoo for color treated hair, the daily conditioner for color treated hair and then a tube of the deep conditioner for the every-now-and-then deep treatment. She is very happy with all three products. Bonus... It smells wonderful!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Geek said:
Redken Anti-Snap really works well too :yay:
My new stylist recommended I start using that, since I had some major coloring done on my hair. She put on an awesome deep conditioning treatment, and I'm going to start using the Anti Snap every day to keep my hair soft. Today was the first day, and no problems so far. :yay: