Here, cop haters, have some red meat

TPD

the poor dad
See, I don't expect cops to be perfect. They see a young guy walking down the street with an A-47 who doesn't respond to shouted commands, what are they supposed to do?

That's a real question - what should the cop have done instead? Be specific. "Not that" isn't an answer.

All you armchair quarterbacks, I'd love to see you be an urban cop. You'd be dead by the end of your first shift.

As far as not covering for their rogue/corrupt/criminal co-workers, I agree completely. THAT is something that needs to be addressed. But you can't say "all cops suck" any more than you can say all CPAs suck, or all construction workers suck, or all DoD contractors suck just because one or two make a mistake or are aholes.

I personally loathe doctors and frequently blanket condemn them, but that's just popping off because the doctor who did my health screening last month was terrific. Doctors make mistakes all the time. ALL THE TIME. But you don't see me digging around for malpractice incidents so I can go, "See??? ALL doctors suck!!!" And the media doesn't do it, either, although I will bet you money doctors kill more people than cops in any given year.

The media *wants* you to hate cops. That's why they go apeshit over every police brutality incident, and also make a bunch of them up. Notice they don't do that with any other profession, and yet you fall for it. Every. Single. Time.
I don't think you can compare doctors to cops. When doctors make a mistake, do they investigate themselves and say nope, nothing wrong here? It is easier to take a doctor to court and win your case, and it doesn't take months or years to FOIA the heavily redacted body cam footage or paperwork because private industry works much different than government. I would venture to say that licenses for doctors are revoked more than licenses for cops. AND we have lots of choices when it comes to choosing a doctor for our medical care. If one treats us or a family member wrongly the 1st time, we choose a different one the next. Doctors pay for their mistakes thru lawsuits, lost business, or higher insurance premiums because of their mistakes. Doctors don't act like they have authority over us like cops do.

When it comes to cops, they will investigate themselves and find nothing wrong. If the case makes it to court, the judges are usually biased towards the cops, even when the body cam footage and other evidence shows otherwise. AND we don't have a choice when it comes to who will protect and serve us when we call 911. The majority of the time, cops have qualified immunity so they don't have to pay for their mistakes. The county/state/municipal government pays for their lawsuits and insurance. But does a life insurance policy for a cop cost more than the average citizen? That I don't know. I just watched a video a couple days ago where two cops escalated the situation within minutes of entering a disabled veteran's home for a welfare check. The disabled veteran tried calling 911 to ask for different law enforcement officers to diffuse the situation. He was immediately put in handcuffs by the 2 officers on the scene because he called 911, and they admitted that to him.

One of my best friends of 30+ years is a cop. I question him often over policy. But he's been around long enough to know right and wrong. He has turned fellow officers in for wrong doing. He initially despised body cams, but now has come to embrace them because it shows both sides of the story. I'm not a cop hater, but just like the rest of my government, I want them held accountable - good or bad, and I want them to respect my constitutional rights. I've told my friend many times that there is no way I could do his job and put up with the crap he does. But I'm sure there are many cops who would not want my job, or a doctor's job. Most of us choose our profession because it's what we like to do.

TPD

the poor dad
You could have fooled me. It seems to me that you throw a blanket over all of them, except your friend.
I point out the bad ones, like the Brewster/Cameron bootlickers who were quick to shut me down 3 years ago because of unconstitutional edicts. I've got another cop friend who told his boss he was not coming into my store to serve me papers over mask mandates when all of that crap was happening. Yeah that's what they all should have done. Most of my interactions with cops in this county are good. But I will call out the bad ones in a heartbeat.

Will99

Not me, honey. Ask anyone on here, if I can take the cop's side I will. I *want* to take the cop's side. But when they show up to a domestic and start blasting within seconds - killing the victim no less - it's tough to do.

If it were up to me cops wouldn't even respond to domestic disputes a second time. If she didn't learn the first time, she's not going to.
Yet, you see a person within inches of stabbing another person and you blame the cops for shooting the person with the knife.

Will99

You know it wouldn't be like that if the cops didn't investigate themselves when something goes wrong and inevitably find that they are innocent in almost every situation. And we would also give you more credibility if there weren't so many videos out there of you all violating our rights and lying to us. Body cameras are the best invention for cops since since the siren. Now if we could just get our sheriff here in SMC to be more transparent and open up the police radio waves to the citizens...what have you got to hide?
Who are supposed to investigate police if not other police? You can get any police transmission you want by doing a FOIA request. I don’t think the officer need to have their real time transmissions on the radio so that the bad guys know they’re coming.

TPD

the poor dad
Who are supposed to investigate police if not other police?
I guess that will be part of the purpose of the new police accountability board. If I do something wrong in my profession, my fellow farmers don't investigate me - there are lots of government agencies that will investigate me, starting with the police usually.

You can get any police transmission you want by doing a FOIA request.
I've not done a FOIA request in this county for the Sheriff's office, but I have heard others talk about them in other parts of the country and in cases that are controversial, it can take months or years to get the info, and then the police departments blur or mute the most important parts sometimes. Besides, how do I know what to request if I don't know where the police are going or what's happening. There could have been a call at St. Mary's College last night for a major public disturbance, but how do I know that without 1st hearing the police scanner. Do I just FOIA all radio traffic for the last 30 days?

I don’t think the officer need to have their real time transmissions on the radio so that the bad guys know they’re coming.
This is a typical LEO response. Don't I, good citizen, have the right to know if there is a break-in or shooting in my neighborhood and be able to listen to the activity on the police scanner so then I can take precautions to protect my family and I in real-time? I would venture to say more law-abiding citizens listen to police scanners than criminals.

Will99

I guess that will be part of the purpose of the new police accountability board. If I do something wrong in my profession, my fellow farmers don't investigate me - there are lots of government agencies that will investigate me, starting with the police usually.
Well is your job to investigate or to farm? Police investigate because that’s their job. Are you suggesting farmers should investigate police shootings?

I've not done a FOIA request in this county for the Sheriff's office, but I have heard others talk about them in other parts of the country and in cases that are controversial, it can take months or years to get the info, and then the police departments blur or mute the most important parts sometimes. Besides, how do I know what to request if I don't know where the police are going or what's happening. There could have been a call at St. Mary's College last night for a major public disturbance, but how do I know that without 1st hearing the police scanner. Do I just FOIA all radio traffic for the last 30 days?
I heard a lot of things. That doesn’t make them true.

This is a typical LEO response. Don't I, good citizen, have the right to know if there is a break-in or shooting in my neighborhood and be able to listen to the activity on the police scanner so then I can take precautions to protect my family and I in real-time? I would venture to say more law-abiding citizens listen to police scanners than criminals.
No. You as a good citizen can question your police and you should get honest answers, but no, you as a good citizen don’t have a “right” to hear real time transmissions of police officers.

Clem72

I would venture to say more law-abiding citizens listen to police scanners than criminals.
I read the arrest posts here on the forums. Can't even count the number of times they mention the suspect had a radio scanner. Because it's zero. You know how many times I have been approached on the street by a guy saying "psst, hey man. You wanna buy a bearcat?".
(maybe it's zero because all the bad guys with radio scanners get away?)

phreddyp

No. You as a good citizen can question your police and you should get honest answers, but no, you as a good citizen don’t have a “right” to hear real time transmissions of police officers.
There is one thing that I can guarantee in this thread, not all cops are *******s but those that defend all cops even the ones who are blatantly bad are *******s!

Will99

There is one thing that I can guarantee in this thread, not all cops are *******s but those that defend all cops even the ones who are blatantly bad are *******s!
I don’t disagree even a little with this. I don’t defend bad cops, but I’ll defend cops doing their job everyday all day.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't think you can compare doctors to cops. When doctors make a mistake, do they investigate themselves and say nope, nothing wrong here? It is easier to take a doctor to court and win your case, and it doesn't take months or years to FOIA the heavily redacted body cam footage or paperwork because private industry works much different than government. I would venture to say that licenses for doctors are revoked more than licenses for cops. AND we have lots of choices when it comes to choosing a doctor for our medical care. If one treats us or a family member wrongly the 1st time, we choose a different one the next. Doctors pay for their mistakes thru lawsuits, lost business, or higher insurance premiums because of their mistakes. Doctors don't act like they have authority over us like cops do.

When it comes to cops, they will investigate themselves and find nothing wrong. If the case makes it to court, the judges are usually biased towards the cops, even when the body cam footage and other evidence shows otherwise. AND we don't have a choice when it comes to who will protect and serve us when we call 911. The majority of the time, cops have qualified immunity so they don't have to pay for their mistakes. The county/state/municipal government pays for their lawsuits and insurance. But does a life insurance policy for a cop cost more than the average citizen? That I don't know. I just watched a video a couple days ago where two cops escalated the situation within minutes of entering a disabled veteran's home for a welfare check. The disabled veteran tried calling 911 to ask for different law enforcement officers to diffuse the situation. He was immediately put in handcuffs by the 2 officers on the scene because he called 911, and they admitted that to him.

One of my best friends of 30+ years is a cop. I question him often over policy. But he's been around long enough to know right and wrong. He has turned fellow officers in for wrong doing. He initially despised body cams, but now has come to embrace them because it shows both sides of the story. I'm not a cop hater, but just like the rest of my government, I want them held accountable - good or bad, and I want them to respect my constitutional rights. I've told my friend many times that there is no way I could do his job and put up with the crap he does. But I'm sure there are many cops who would not want my job, or a doctor's job. Most of us choose our profession because it's what we like to do.

Doctors cover for each other all the time, even after one of them has killed a patient through negligence. Doctors who are drunks and drug addicts, still performing surgery. It's not just a doctor treating you poorly, it's him outright killing you. And again, I'll bet money that more doctors kill their patients through negligence than cops kill someone.

In my life I've personally encountered more bad doctors than bad cops. And I stand by my equating them. Both are supposed to be trusted professionals; both hold our lives in their hands; both have their share of sociopaths who shouldn't be in that profession; and both get covered up by their peers.

You never hear the media making a big deal out of every bad doctor, and it's not like there aren't plenty to choose from. But they go crazy over every single lethal cop encounter, even when the perp initiated it.

🤷‍♀️

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Doctors cover for each other all the time, even after one of them has killed a patient through negligence. Doctors who are drunks and drug addicts, still performing surgery. It's not just a doctor treating you poorly, it's him outright killing you. And again, I'll bet money that more doctors kill their patients through negligence than cops kill someone.

In my life I've personally encountered more bad doctors than bad cops. And I stand by my equating them. Both are supposed to be trusted professionals; both hold our lives in their hands; both have their share of sociopaths who shouldn't be in that profession; and both get covered up by their peers.

You never hear the media making a big deal out of every bad doctor, and it's not like there aren't plenty to choose from. But they go crazy over every single lethal cop encounter, even when the perp initiated it.

🤷‍♀️
Watch this movie on Netflix. What goes wrong after a surgeon kills a patient.

The Killing of a Sacred Deer

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think I read somewhere that 1000+- people are killed by police every year on average?

Doctors are at more than 250,000 a year. And that's just the ones they couldn't cover up.

This study says medical error is the third leading cause of death in the US.

Edit:

Here's what this study has to say about police shootings:

600 people a year vs. 250,000+ for doctors.

And yet there's no call to defund doctors. No ADAB protests. Nobody ambushes doctors and shoots them to death. No breathless news tards whining about doctors killing their patients.

And yet your doctor is WAY more likely to kill you than a cop.

HemiHauler

I think I read somewhere that 1000+- people are killed by police every year on average?

Doctors are at more than 250,000 a year. And that's just the ones they couldn't cover up.

This study says medical error is the third leading cause of death in the US.

Edit:

Here's what this study has to say about police shootings:

600 people a year vs. 250,000+ for doctors.

And yet there's no call to defund doctors. No ADAB protests. Nobody ambushes doctors and shoots them to death. No breathless news tards whining about doctors killing their patients.

And yet your doctor is WAY more likely to kill you than a cop.

False equivalency much?

Furthermore, if you don’t think doctors, nurses, or other healthcare staff don’t pay for their mistakes, you’re not paying attention.

The nutter factor is off the charts here.