Heritage 485

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've always associated overpriced "Fine Dining" to the more common term... Pretentious.

People like to be pampered and that's okay. If they don't eat out often, it's a treat and a luxury, and they want it to be special and memorable.

I'm sure they shudder at the thought of some of the dives I enjoy. :lol:

luvmygdaughters

People like to be pampered and that's okay. If they don't eat out often, it's a treat and a luxury, and they want it to be special and memorable.

Same here, we went to this little dive of a place on Pawleys Island, it literally looked like someones rundown house. Went inside and the smells coming from the kitchen were heavenly!! We ordered the special which was two enormous pieces of fried fish, two scoops of the best potato salad (besides my mothers) that I've ever tasted, a generous helping of fresh string beans, big glass of iced tea and a roll. Peach pie for dessert. All that food was $ 6.00!!! I wish I could remember the name of the place, we're going to Myrtle Beach in July with daughter and granddaughters and want to take them there.

Wishbone

Nothing like being served battered, fried fish and fried potatoes wrapped in newspaper.

Hey.... There is a good use for the WaPo, other than lining the bird cage.

lovinmaryland

Well, there ARE steaks that good, just not sirloin.

Their prices do seem high - $9 for olives and bread? $11 for cheese and crackers? No. But you're also paying for the professional staff and the atmosphere, which has value. This looks like the sort of place that Monello would like to go to and I'd go along just because he does nice things for me all the time. I'm into the clam shacks these days.
I like to make my own charcuterie boards at the house and have some different olives to go w/ it. Most places that have a nice olive bar (Giant, Mckays, Safeway) it runs about $8 lb. I'm sure its not a lb. that theyre giving you there at the restaurant but w/ bread I'd pay $9 for that. Sounds like theyre making the cheese in house also so I'd order that as well. Now if it is just some slices of store bought cheese every other restaurant in this area uses and calls it a cheese board then it'd be a big no from me!

I've been there once and was a bit disappointed. I expected more variety on the menu.

I don't care if its a dive or some fancy building...if the foods good I'm going! Some of the best places I've found have been little dives or hole in the walls.

Hank

my war
That was a wonderful review and I'm thoroughly annoyed by it because I know that without Budweiser and fried chicken wings, that restaurant will be done within a couple of years. People bitch and complain that there are no good restaurants in SoMD, but there are and always have been...it's just the locals refuse to patronize them. Saphron was amazing and they should have been packed every single night of the week, but nope. The Applebee's was packed, and Outback was packed, and McDonald's had lines out the door, but Saphron sat alone with its wonderful low country cuisine night after night.

If people have to leave the main road to go eat, they won't do it. I swear if Jerry's was one street over from Rt 4, he'd be gone by now.

The Brick is doing well and Heritage is only about 300 yards off 4... Can't wait to try it!

Toxick

Splat
For my money you can't beat just shoving your head into a trough an coming across a full-mouthful of solid.
You don't need fancy-shmancy #### like "silverware" and "dishes".

Anything more than that is just useless prancing by uptown ******s.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Missed replying to this earlier. Yes I agree. They have like 10 items total on their menu. Definitely could use a little more variety.

The time I went they didn't even have any specials for the evening, that was also a disappointment.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Missed replying to this earlier. Yes I agree. They have like 10 items total on their menu. Definitely could use a little more variety.

I am a terrible creature of habit, so 10 things on the menu - as long as one or two of them appeal to me - is about 8 things too many. Too many choices makes my head explode.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Hey, I just found a fix for the "What do you want for dinner?". Just follow restaurant menus. Huh.....

rio

I can prepare everything on their menu for 1/4-1/2 the $$$$$ Guess I'm headed to the grocery store.
I could too, but sometimes husband and I have cravings for, or like, totally different things that we can get at one restaurant. And it's worth it for a night off once in awhile.

Besides that, I'm trying to run up my credit card bill and ruin my credit so I can afford to buy a new house soon. Might as well eat good while I'm doing it!