Herman Cain dead from Corona Virus after attending Tulsa rally

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Come on, dude.

You didn't say jack crap when Vrai was tap dancing on McCain's grave.

Because in MY Opinion McCain was a piece of crap living on Vietnam Experience ......1

Is it supposed to be some huge revelation that COVID kills the very people we're told it would?

we are destroying country because .0045% have died from the Chinese Bat Soup Flu

Yes. It may be easy to connect the dots but who knows for sure if he got it at the rally.

That is the POINT ...... Sapidus is gleefully dancing around Stating OPINION and Conjecture as FACT

NOBODY Knows Where Cain picked up covid-19

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You swallow and regurgitate that FOX news crap almost entirely whole.

YOU cannot counter the FACTS so you attack the Poster.

Trump closed the pandemic response unit Obama created and despite being briefed about Covid in December Trump did nothing until March at which point the did the bare minimum.

Liar ..... there was a consolidation and removal of duplicate resources

You say he banned flights from China ( despite 1,700 direct flights coming in a after the "ban") but he allowed almost 500,000 to return from China with no screening, quarantine or plan for contact tracing or tracking

Yeah 500,000 Americans or Green Card Holders ...... but don't let that stop you from LYING

At that point he said "its a few cases coming from China and it will disappear" This is not Monday morning quarterbacking this is valid criticism based on his inaction.

Trump NEVER Said that .......

But Lets look at the early statements

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/trumps-statements-about-the-coronavirus/

Jan. 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” — Trump in a CNBC interview.

Jan. 30: “We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five — and those people are all recuperating successfully. But we’re working very closely with China and other countries, and we think it’s going to have a very good ending for us … that I can assure you.” — Trump in a speech in Michigan.

Feb. 10: “Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April. We’re in great shape though. We have 12 cases — 11 cases, and many of them are in good shape now.” — Trump at the White House. (See our item “Will the New Coronavirus ‘Go Away’ in April?“)

Feb. 14: “There’s a theory that, in April, when it gets warm — historically, that has been able to kill the virus. So we don’t know yet; we’re not sure yet. But that’s around the corner.” — Trump in speaking to National Border Patrol Council members.

Feb. 23: “We have it very much under control in this country.” — Trump in speaking to reporters.

Feb. 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” — Trump in a tweet.

Feb. 26: “So we’re at the low level. As they get better, we take them off the list, so that we’re going to be pretty soon at only five people. And we could be at just one or two people over the next short period of time. So we’ve had very good luck.” — Trump at a White House briefing.

Feb. 26: “And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.” — Trump at a press conference.

Feb. 26: “I think every aspect of our society should be prepared. I don’t think it’s going to come to that, especially with the fact that we’re going down, not up. We’re going very substantially down, not up.” — Trump at a press conference, when asked if “U.S. schools should be preparing for a coronavirus spreading.”

Feb. 27: “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” — Trump at a White House meeting with African American leaders.

Feb. 29: “And I’ve gotten to know these professionals. They’re incredible. And everything is under control. I mean, they’re very, very cool. They’ve done it, and they’ve done it well. Everything is really under control.” — Trump in a speech at the CPAC conference outside Washington, D.C.

March 4: “[W]e have a very small number of people in this country [infected]. We have a big country. The biggest impact we had was when we took the 40-plus people [from a cruise ship]. … We brought them back. We immediately quarantined them. But you add that to the numbers. But if you don’t add that to the numbers, we’re talking about very small numbers in the United States.” — Trump at a White House meeting with airline CEOs.

March 4: “Well, I think the 3.4% is really a false number.” — Trump in an interview on Fox News, referring to the percentage of diagnosed COVID-19 patients worldwide who had died, as reported by the World Health Organization. (See our item “Trump and the Coronavirus Death Rate.”)

March 7: “No, I’m not concerned at all. No, we’ve done a great job with it.” — Trump, when asked by reporters if he was concerned about the arrival of the coronavirus in the Washington, D.C., area.

March 9: “So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!” — Trump in a tweet.

March 10: “And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.” — Trump after meeting with Republican senators.

He later said it would be gone by Easter.

Actually .....

Feb. 14: “There’s a theory that, in April, when it gets warm — historically, that has been able to kill the virus. So we don’t know yet; we’re not sure yet. But that’s around the corner.” — Trump in speaking to National Border Patrol Council members.

He didnt encourage mask wearing until two weeks ago. While almost every other country in the world is re opening because they locked down hard and took it seriously we are in a worse position then we were three month ago.

Opinion and Conjecture, Fantasy and OPINION

Rommey

You say he banned flights from China ( despite 1,700 direct flights coming in a after the "ban") but he allowed almost 500,000 to return from China with no screening, quarantine or plan for contact tracing or tracking.
Nice try, but you might want to peruse through the link you provided.
"There were 1,300 direct flights to 17 cities before President Trump’s travel restrictions."

The ban was announced on January 31...
Even after the order went into effect on February 2, some 40,000 people – traveling on 279 flights – have arrived in the U.S. from China, according to the analysis from the New York Times based on data collected in both countries.

So if the ban wasn't in place, another 1,300 flights would have likely continued into February, exponentially increasing the likelihood of the virus spreading faster and to more people.

Again, The Chinese announced this virus in late December, and there was very little known about it AT THE TIME, so to enact a travel ban 1 month later with very few cases in the U.S. AT THE TIME was a proactive move. Was it 100% effective? Of course not, but it was closer to the 100% effective than to the 0% effective.

So is it your opinion that the ban was a good measure or bad measure?

Crabcatcher79

Nice try, but you might want to peruse through the link you provided.
"There were 1,300 direct flights to 17 cities before President Trump’s travel restrictions."

The ban was announced on January 31...
Even after the order went into effect on February 2, some 40,000 people – traveling on 279 flights – have arrived in the U.S. from China, according to the analysis from the New York Times based on data collected in both countries.

So if the ban wasn't in place, another 1,300 flights would have likely continued into February, exponentially increasing the likelihood of the virus spreading faster and to more people.

Again, The Chinese announced this virus in late December, and there was very little known about it AT THE TIME, so to enact a travel ban 1 month later with very few cases in the U.S. AT THE TIME was a proactive move. Was it 100% effective? Of course not, but it was closer to the 100% effective than to the 0% effective.

So is it your opinion that the ban was a good measure or bad measure?

It was an inconsequential move as it was too late. And the people who did come in were not tracked, monitored or quarantine as there was no and continues to be no national response. Trump said repeatedly it would disappear on its own. That’s not Monday morning quarterbacking that is a failure of leadership. He closed the pandemic Response unit He undermined his own hand picked health experts. He refused to tell people to wear masks or have social distancing at his rallies.

he is squarely to blame.

Crabcatcher79

YOU cannot counter the FACTS so you attack the Poster.

Liar ..... there was a consolidation and removal of duplicate resources

Yeah 500,000 Americans or Green Card Holders ...... but don't let that stop you from LYING

Trump NEVER Said that .......

But Lets look at the early statements

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/trumps-statements-about-the-coronavirus/

Jan. 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” — Trump in a CNBC interview.

Jan. 30: “We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five — and those people are all recuperating successfully. But we’re working very closely with China and other countries, and we think it’s going to have a very good ending for us … that I can assure you.” — Trump in a speech in Michigan.

Feb. 10: “Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April. We’re in great shape though. We have 12 cases — 11 cases, and many of them are in good shape now.” — Trump at the White House. (See our item “Will the New Coronavirus ‘Go Away’ in April?“)

Feb. 23: “We have it very much under control in this country.” — Trump in speaking to reporters.

Feb. 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” — Trump in a tweet.

Feb. 26: “So we’re at the low level. As they get better, we take them off the list, so that we’re going to be pretty soon at only five people. And we could be at just one or two people over the next short period of time. So we’ve had very good luck.” — Trump at a White House briefing.

Feb. 26: “And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.” — Trump at a press conference.

Feb. 26: “I think every aspect of our society should be prepared. I don’t think it’s going to come to that, especially with the fact that we’re going down, not up. We’re going very substantially down, not up.” — Trump at a press conference, when asked if “U.S. schools should be preparing for a coronavirus spreading.”

Feb. 27: “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” — Trump at a White House meeting with African American leaders.

Feb. 29: “And I’ve gotten to know these professionals. They’re incredible. And everything is under control. I mean, they’re very, very cool. They’ve done it, and they’ve done it well. Everything is really under control.” — Trump in a speech at the CPAC conference outside Washington, D.C.

March 4: “[W]e have a very small number of people in this country [infected]. We have a big country. The biggest impact we had was when we took the 40-plus people [from a cruise ship]. … We brought them back. We immediately quarantined them. But you add that to the numbers. But if you don’t add that to the numbers, we’re talking about very small numbers in the United States.” — Trump at a White House meeting with airline CEOs.

March 4: “Well, I think the 3.4% is really a false number.” — Trump in an interview on Fox News, referring to the percentage of diagnosed COVID-19 patients worldwide who had died, as reported by the World Health Organization. (See our item “Trump and the Coronavirus Death Rate.”)

March 7: “No, I’m not concerned at all. No, we’ve done a great job with it.” — Trump, when asked by reporters if he was concerned about the arrival of the coronavirus in the Washington, D.C., area.

March 9: “So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!” — Trump in a tweet.

March 10: “And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.” — Trump after meeting with Republican senators.

Actually .....

Opinion and Conjecture, Fantasy and OPINION

You said he never said that and then in the next like quoted him saying exactly what I said

Are you mentally challenged?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
At least you can admit to "dancing on his grave" because you didn't like the guy.

I didn't necessarily dance, I just did not genuflect ...

I as a Vet I respect his service and sacrifice but 30 or 40 or 50 yrs later that does not buy him a pass on his politics

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Morning Briefing: Dirtbag Liberals Waste No Time Disparaging the Memory of Herman Cain

Twitter was an absolute cesspool of Cain-bashing. Liberals were in a morbid sexual frenzy about the fact that Herman Cain died from COVID-19 and — this was the big one — that he had attended President Trump’s Tulsa rally and hadn’t worn a mask. They were gleeful about a cause and effect that hadn’t been proven. Cain’s friend and colleague Erick Erickson later cleared some things up:
The problem with this tweet is that it presumes Herman got the virus there, which isn’t true. And so it reads as rubbing people’s nose in it based on a faulty premise. And yes, as a colleague of his, I know he didn’t get it there. https://t.co/e5pdggZvF3
— Erick Erickson (@EWErickson) July 30, 2020
Twitchy has a post about the response of the always disgusting Ana Navarro to Cain’s death. She put down her burrito long enough to reaffirm that she is classless garbage.

The examples of prominent liberals dunking on Cain’s memory to try and score political points were nonstop all day and I’m not going to share any more of them. They’re all from people I don’t expect much from anyway, and they are always proving themselves to be even worse.

Bushy23

If I may ...

A lie. He died from stage four colon cancer. F-ck off, STD.
Ummm.....dumbass...his own website says he died of Covid-19.

“You’re never ready for the kind of news we are grappling with this morning,” Dan Calabrese, the editor of Cain’s website, wrote in a statement Thursday. “Herman Cain — our boss, our friend, like a father to so many of us — has passed away.”

Calabrese confirmed the death to The Washington Post and said the cause was covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

Crabcatcher79

Ummm.....dumbass...his own website says he died of Covid-19.

“You’re never ready for the kind of news we are grappling with this morning,” Dan Calabrese, the editor of Cain’s website, wrote in a statement Thursday. “Herman Cain — our boss, our friend, like a father to so many of us — has passed away.”

Calabrese confirmed the death to The Washington Post and said the cause was covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

Just like abortion, homosexuality, gun control, and now Covid these idiots won’t believe it until it happens to them or a close family friend and then they will change their tune. They are just like Trump and care only about themselves.

Rommey

It was an inconsequential move as it was too late. And the people who did come in were not tracked, monitored or quarantine[d]...
So, it would have been better to not institute any of the travel bans from China or Europe, since they would have had inconsequential effect? So allowing thousands of more people to potentially enter the US and, as you point out, probably would not have been tracked or monitored or quarantined would have been a better alternative????
there was no and continues to be no national response.
No national response? NONE???? So everything that has happened is solely out of the Federal government? The CDC has just sat by idly, there were not daily briefings?

Trump said repeatedly it would disappear on its own.
Yes, he was optimistic, but there's nothing necessarily wrong with trying to be positive with the unknown situation. Quite a few of those statements he made were early on (Feb/Mar) when cases were low and there was some in the scientific community that predicted this could follow a similar path that SARS did in the early 90's, when the temperature warmed up and SARS largely went away. So there was some data to suggest the optimism Trump was showing had some validity. Unfortunately that isn't the path this virus has followed. You make decisions on the data you have AT THE TIME.
He closed the pandemic Response unit
While technically correct, the functions of this unit are still active and dealing with this situation. So it is a disingenuous claim to state what you have repeatedly stated.
He undermined his own hand picked health experts.
I agree it is a flaw in his character when sometimes he goes with his gut instinct on things; but he is right on some things and wrong on others. I venture a guess, but I'd say other Presidents have undermined their advisors, just not as publicly as Trump (and not with a willing press to harp on such things with Trump and not so much his predecessors).
He refused to tell people to wear masks or have social distancing at his rallies.
So, if Trump had told people to wear masks and/or social distance at his rallies, that would make you feel better? You and the other lefties went nuts when he issued a travel ban...I couldn't imagine what you would have done if Trump issued an Executive Order mandating people wear masks, even though you are probably OK if their state or locality mandates it.

he is squarely to blame.
...and no one else, right. Just the President? No governors, no mayors, no county executives? Just the President. Got it. I think if he had done EVERYTHING people like you think he should have done (with the advantage of 20/20 hindsight) you still would be angry and bitter.

Crabcatcher79

So, it would have been better to not institute any of the travel bans from China or Europe, since they would have had inconsequential effect? So allowing thousands of more people to potentially enter the US and, as you point out, probably would not have been tracked or monitored or quarantined would have been a better alternative????
No national response? NONE???? So everything that has happened is solely out of the Federal government? The CDC has just sat by idly, there were not daily briefings?

Yes, he was optimistic, but there's nothing necessarily wrong with trying to be positive with the unknown situation. Quite a few of those statements he made were early on (Feb/Mar) when cases were low and there was some in the scientific community that predicted this could follow a similar path that SARS did in the early 90's, when the temperature warmed up and SARS largely went away. So there was some data to suggest the optimism Trump was showing had some validity. Unfortunately that isn't the path this virus has followed. You make decisions on the data you have AT THE TIME.
While technically correct, the functions of this unit are still active and dealing with this situation. So it is a disingenuous claim to state what you have repeatedly stated.
I agree it is a flaw in his character when sometimes he goes with his gut instinct on things; but he is right on some things and wrong on others. I venture a guess, but I'd say other Presidents have undermined their advisors, just not as publicly as Trump (and not with a willing press to harp on such things with Trump and not so much his predecessors).
So, if Trump had told people to wear masks and/or social distance at his rallies, that would make you feel better? You and the other lefties went nuts when he issued a travel ban...I couldn't imagine what you would have done if Trump issued an Executive Order mandating people wear masks, even though you are probably OK if their state or locality mandates it.

...and no one else, right. Just the President? No governors, no mayors, no county executives? Just the President. Got it. I think if he had done EVERYTHING people like you think he should have done (with the advantage of 20/20 hindsight) you still would be angry and bitter.

I would have commended him and praised him if he had done what Germany, New Zealand or South Korea had done. instead he hoped it could be ignored until after the election.

a mandatory lockdown, mask wearing an social distancing as well as contact tracing and wide spread testing.

we would be done with this and had it eradicated if he had done that as well as had a clear message from the start.

you repeat lies with no basis. The pandemic response unit was not folded in to anything else or else Pence wouldn’t have had to be drafted to formulate and lead the response. A response would have been formulated already and someone with some knowledge and experience would have lead it.