Herman Cain - Victim or Perv

Why are these women targeting Cain?

• Cain has the “look” that just makes former female associates want to accuse him of things.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • There are skeletons in Herman’s closet which he is not being honest about.

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • It's a left wing conspiracy that doesn't like the idea of a black conservative.

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • It's a GOP establishment conspiracy that can’t stand the idea of a businessman getting the GOP nod.

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

awpitt

Main Streeter
So, what is it that drives multiple women to make these accusations about Mr. Cain? Why just Cain? Why haven't the other GOP contenders been targets of this type of accusation?

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Cause he's a black republican... If he was a democrat, we wouldn't hear a peep about anything, cause he woulda hooked his hoes up with food stamps and welfare :yay:

Pete

Repete
Why does he have to be a "perv"? It's not like he is banging sheep or trying to lure little kids into his car with candy.

I believe there is too much smoke to not be fire. That said he was a wealthy powerful guy and I am sure there were a TON of women throwing the nook at him constantly because $$ + Power = Moisture. It is possible some of these chicks put the full court press on him for favor, cash, to be a kept mistress and now are coming out because he didn't, wouldn't or refused to come through with trinkets.

Either way the irony is this; The lefties are getting all twisted over this and they are all accusations against a candidate. Bill Effing Clinton was a serial masher and then stuck a cigar up the cooter of a 24 year old stary-eyed intern then had her go down on his Cohiba and it was :shrug: Well it's OK, it's just sex or It is his personal business.

I find the irony too tedious.

SamSpade

No "other"?

Admittedly, when other high profile persons have had multiple accusations like these hit the pages - such as Schwarzenegger - they eventually proved to be true, even as people denied them. So I'm perfectly willing to believe they are true.

On the other hand, the same strategy derailed Gary Hart - who was only partly "guilty" - and similar strategies essentially bankrupted Palin. It's not unusual to use the appearance of endless scandal to ruin a political career.

Of course, if you have an axe to grind against someone, you can accuse them of something long enough to ruin their career aspirations without an iota of it being true. If you were running for a county seat and I "leaked" - anonymously - all sorts of stories about you that mysteriously vanished after the election or you withdrew from the race - isn't that a possibility? I don't have to telling the truth - I could just do it because I don't like you, or the party you represent.

I didn't see an option I could vote for.

Baz

This. ------------------>
None of the above.

It's a conspiracy masterminded by a bunch of haters who are envious of Cain's ability to sport such a fancy hat.

Attachments

• Pervin Herman.jpg
    Pervin Herman.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 77

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
So, what is it that drives multiple women to make these accusations about Mr. Cain? Why just Cain? Why haven't the other GOP contenders been targets of this type of accusation?
My guess is that some are true and some are made up by some attention seekers. Either way I don't think much of anything would have come out without a lot of left wing cash being spread around.

dave1959

I just shrug it off at this point..If these women had a "real" problem they would have brought this up years ago and not waited untill he was in the middle of a campain

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I choose the last two. He's an outsider and his thinking isn't colored by the Machine. So any shot at him is a good one as far as the Washington crowd is concerned, and on that the Left and Right agree. He's still my candidate because I don't believe the accusations, and even if I did believe them, since when does being human disqualify someone from being President? (Ask Bill Clinton and a few others).

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

Railroad said:
I choose the last two. He's an outsider and his thinking isn't colored by the Machine. So any shot at him is a good one as far as the Washington crowd is concerned, and on that the Left and Right agree. He's still my candidate because I don't believe the accusations, and even if I did believe them, since when does being human disqualify someone from being President? (Ask Bill Clinton and a few others).

And that is the hypocritical crux of the biscuit.
We, the right, Impeached Clinton over the same shiat. How can we honestly ignore this just because he has an R after his name? If this was a big enough issue to impeach Clinton shouldn't it also be big enough to eliminate a candidate from consideration?

Let's say Cain gets elected, are any of you Cain supporters going to be calling for impeachment if he gets caught with his own lewinski, or are you going to continue to dismiss it?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Wirelessly posted

We, the right, Impeached Clinton over the same shiat. How can we honestly ignore this just because he has an R after his name? If this was a big enough issue to impeach Clinton shouldn't it also be big enough to eliminate a candidate from consideration?

Let's say Cain gets elected, are any of you Cain supporters going to be calling for impeachment if he gets caught with his own lewinski, or are you going to continue to dismiss it?
Clinton was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

Merlin99 said:
Wirelessly posted

Clinton was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice.

That all came out of him being a philandering POS who cheated on his wife while a sitting president :shrug:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Wirelessly posted

Mr. Clinton turned me off before I was a committed Republican (and I have left the Republicans because I can't stand either them or the Democrats anymore). He looked dishonest, sounded dishonest, and when he was found to be dishonest and was forced to be honest about it, I felt like my original allergic reaction to the man was validated. He could have been dishonest about anything, including picking up a penny off a sidewalk and not finding the owner before taking it for himself, and I would have castigated him for it.

We could nit-pick until the cows come home, and you know there is always one more nit to pick. You and I have been there too many times. Look past the nits, because compared to the burgeoning disaster looming over this country, an error of morality by a Presidential candidate is chicken fodder compared to rational solutions to huge problems.

What is the President going to do, anyway? He is at best going to try and break the lump of scar tissue we refer to as Congress, a self-serving pile of stuff that hasn't honestly vetted anything in decades. Failing at his or her task and regardless of the public opinion, he will stand on the sidelines while the circus of Congress continues to drive us into the muck while feathering their own pockets.

So I think the screening of Presidential hopefuls involves looking at whom so-and-so is beholden to. Who owes whom? AH! Very revealing. The Club is sealed. Outsiders like Mr. Cain are precisely the invading forces needed to break the shell.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

I got the same feeling from Clinton, and I get something similar from Cain. The way he has handled this most recent allegation is a good example of why. "I didn't do anything, but let's see what the allegations are before I go on record with specifics" meanwhile his lawyer was saying " a consensual affair is not a subject for the media, it's a private matter"

My problem with settIng aside morality is that I feel a person who will cheat on their wife or expect her to ignore their indiscretions will certainly do the same to their country.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Wirelessly posted

I got the same feeling from Clinton, and I get something similar from Cain. The way he has handled this most recent allegation is a good example of why. "I didn't do anything, but let's see what the allegations are before I go on record with specifics" meanwhile his lawyer was saying " a consensual affair is not a subject for the media, it's a private matter"

My problem with settIng aside morality is that I feel a person who will cheat on their wife or expect her to ignore their indiscretions will certainly do the same to their country.

Interesting concept that, when you consider how many Presidents have had mistresses, affairs, etc over the last couple hundred years, either while in office or before being elected. :coffee:

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

Gilligan said:
Wirelessly posted

Interesting concept that, when you consider how many Presidents have had mistresses, affairs, etc over the last couple hundred years, either while in office or before being elected. :coffee:

And I am sure that they were all completely ethical and didn't skim a dime or screw us in any way :sarcasm:

Seriously, you take an oath in both cases, what makes you think a morally corrupt person is going to be ethically righteous WRT our country?

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Wirelessly posted

Good answer! Now: since we know that every senator and congressman has been taught that the first and foremost priority is re-election, and each of these mercenary individuals is being funded (a polite term for "bribed") by lobbyists and groups with similar goals, and they will serve those goals as opposed to any others, how does an outsider stack up against them? Mr. Cain is not a cog in the gearbox of the machine that periodically puts a cog up on top in the White House. And that is the attraction to me. He isn't a beltway insider. He's not a member of the club. And so both sides are shooting at him with anything they can find.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Wirelessly posted

And I am sure that they were all completely ethical and didn't skim a dime or screw us in any way :sarcasm:

Seriously, you take an oath in both cases, what makes you think a morally corrupt person is going to be ethically righteous WRT our country?

The real failure in ethics had to do with catering to the special interests and political manipulation that put them in office, and even though an errant and immoral act may or may not have occured in terms of sex, the real cheating going on in the past 50 years has ALWAYS been, cheating on the Nation and calling it service. And I'll say that I think we lost the last honest president to a bullet in Dallas Texas.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
The real failure in ethics had to do with catering to the special interests and political manipulation that put them in office, and even though an errant and immoral act may or may not have occurred in terms of sex, the real cheating going on in the past 50 years has ALWAYS been, cheating on the Nation and calling it service. And I'll say that I think we lost the last honest president to a bullet in Dallas Texas (and he was supposed to be having an affair or multiple affairs).

:coffee:

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

Railroad said:
Wirelessly posted

The real failure in ethics had to do with catering to the special interests and political manipulation that put them in office, and even though an errant and immoral act may or may not have occured in terms of sex, the real cheating going on in the past 50 years has ALWAYS been, cheating on the Nation and calling it service. And I'll say that I think we lost the last honest president to a bullet in Dallas Texas.

I'm not seeing Cain as being any different just because he wasn't a 'politician' before. The answers he recently gave smacked of slimy politician, and he has run enough times in enough places to owe a few favors if he gets elected.