Hey, (Part Deux)... support the County Fair...

GregV814

The other post was 4 months old...

Cease fire permitting, the 2022 Calvert County Fair is 9/28- 10/2....

Last edited:

GregV814

I wonder....if Amazon can send me a few TRUMP WON t shirts before 9/28........I have a need to hang out near the DNC tent......

1663889219862.png

SamSpade

Per the SMC Fair -

I really don't care for it. My family is heavily invested in doing things there, and raising money - but I hate how it clogs the roads, the absurd parking and the fact it costs ten dollars - every day for (virtually) every person - just to walk in the door and do nothing. I had to wait about twenty minutes in line on Rte 5 - and I actually worked that afternoon, there.

Maybe it's partly because the fairgrounds themselves - not counting parking - is really small. I've seen fairgrounds elsewhere - not here - which are pretty huge. This one suffers due to its size relative to the participation - it's crowded as hell. After working yesterday, I thought I'd grab a bite to eat - and saw lines everywhere more than a dozen people deep, and not moving fast. I realized I could get food just about anywhere and be HOME faster than standing in that line - which after hours on my feet - I sure as hell didn't want to do.

I do BENEFIT from the fair - the kids get a day off of school and spend the day there. But just for them to get IN and do rides and food empties my wallet. I'm looking forward to the day when the fair ISN'T a thing for their age.

Hessian

Friday speech Hall was packed for Middle & HS students. Speeches were B-B+ range. Kids music in the pavilion sounded good. PLENTY of animals in the barns...even enjoyed the Farm museum exhibit.
The Dem Table was chaired by ONE...the Republican was chaired by FOUR.
I chose to eat by 4:30 so we did Pub wings which were delicious. Other food prices were stupid expensive. (ie Rack of ribs=30.00)

Didn't stay til dark....no need for any drama.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I wonder....if Amazon can send me a few TRUMP WON t shirts before 9/28........I have a need to hang out near the DNC tent......

View attachment 166298
I want to go, but not sure what day. I usually work at or around the GOP Tent, but I'm having a dermatology treatment on my face Friday and I'm supposed to avoid the sun over the weekend. I did NOT plan ahead very well (I scheduled this a month ago) - as the Calvert Fair is that weekend, the St. Mary's Blessing of the Fleet... :bawl: :ohwell:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
We went down to SMCity for Riverfest and spent a few hours there. Beautiful day. About 430 we rolled up Rt 5 to go to the fair. Traffic was blocked to turn right onto Fairgrounds Rd. Change of plans led us the Brugarden at SOF instead for a couple of beverages, charcuterie board and bruchetta. Then home to fall asleep by 9. :lol:

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I went 3 times (always get a season pass), and haven't ruled out skipping in today. I just love the smells!

Sorry to see the exhibit buildings so sparse, guess this era is almost gone. Kids enjoyed seeing the Legos, may get them to enter next year. All the quilts were gorgeous!

GregV814

sorry guys, I left at 4.... If I knew you were coming, I'd have saved some spaces....
Today was special needs and old people day. Looks like rain for a few days.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Looks like everyone in Calvert is trying to hit the fair tonight before the rainy weekend.
For real!!! I was on my way to Yoga, and traffic was backed all the way up from 231 to the light at Bob Evans! *Then, I got the notification that the parking lot at the Fairgrounds was full! 😂😂