High Heeled Shoes - Ann Taylor Shooties

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I have seen ads for these shoes and wondered if anyone here had tried them? The heel seems a bit high compared to the very small platform. Seems to me they would be quite uncomfortable. I generally do not wear heels higher than 3" to 3 1/2" due to the steep position of the foot with higher heels that causes me foot and back pain.

Shana Cutout Leather Peeptoe Shooties

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I have seen ads for these shoes and wondered if anyone here had tried them? The heel seems a bit high compared to the very small platform. Seems to me they would be quite uncomfortable. I generally do not wear heels higher than 3" to 3 1/2" due to the steep position of the foot with higher heels that causes me foot and back pain.

Shana Cutout Leather Peeptoe Shooties

I am a serious shoe lover and collector, but I refuse to deal with any footwear called "shooties" :eyebrow:

That being said, I wear 3 1/2-5" heels on a daily basis, but they all have decent platforms to make up for that and keep my foot from aching. That just doesn't seem very supportive being that high with such a small platform.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Egads, I think they are ugly as sin, so that cuts them out for me. However, I am also not a fan of spiked anything over 3" high heels, platform or not. :coffee:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Egads, I think they are ugly as sin, so that cuts them out for me. However, I am also not a fan of spiked anything over 3" high heels, platform or not. :coffee:

I think they look kinda crappy unless they are shown ON a woman - then they actually look much better. Hmm I think I saw them advertised in the BB or the Ipsy package?

- someone suggested to me that I get these, but they just seem like they'd be uncomfortable. Plus I'm not sure how a short person like myself would look in a "shootie or a bootie". When you are short, and you wear really high heels, you literally look like you are wearing decorative stilts LOL

Bann

PREMO Member
I think they look kinda crappy unless they are shown ON a woman - then they actually look much better. Hmm I think I saw them advertised in the BB or the Ipsy package?

- someone suggested to me that I get these, but they just seem like they'd be uncomfortable. Plus I'm not sure how a short person like myself would look in a "shootie or a bootie". When you are short, and you wear really high heels, you literally look like you are wearing decorative stilts LOL

I just don't like the style of shoe at all - whether as a casual shoe or high heel. :shrug:

MMM_donuts

I love them. I think booties (shooties?) are harder to pull off than heels or higher boots because of where they draw the eye in relation to the leg, kind of like the jeans that end around the ankle.

And I think they look better when they're loose around the ankle and not like they're cutting off circulation to the foot.

But then again, I have serious shoe commitment issues and find myself getting a lot of anxiety over purchasing them - ESPECIALLY online.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I just don't like the style of shoe at all - whether as a casual shoe or high heel. :shrug:

Obviously shoe styles and likability are a very individual thing. I see many shoes in stores that I think look hideous, but someone is buying them.

lucky_bee

RBF expert

:mad: I'm short and all I wear are heels!

:lol: for us shorties, the rules for us are to stay away from anything with ankle straps (cuts off your legs, makes them look shorter), super large platforms in a shoe (think Kardashian shoes with 2" platforms, 6" heel :nono:), boots that stop mid-calf, and shoes like these "booties" and "shooties". They cut us off at the ankle and make our little legs look even littler :shrug:

go to DSW! I find some amazinggg clearance shoes in the small sizes! (6-7) All the average sizes are always picked over! Got some nice tan Guess platform sling-back peep-toes for work for $15! 75% off :yahoo:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

:lol: for us shorties, the rules for us are to stay away from anything with ankle straps (cuts off your legs, makes them look shorter), super large platforms in a shoe (think Kardashian shoes with 2" platforms, 6" heel :nono:), boots that stop mid-calf, and shoes like these "booties" and "shooties". They cut us off at the ankle and make our little legs look even littler :shrug:

go to DSW! I find some amazinggg clearance shoes in the small sizes! (6-7) All the average sizes are always picked over! Got some nice tan Guess platform sling-back peep-toes for work for $15! 75% off :yahoo:

I was passing by DSW the other day and thinking how I had not been in there for a while - it's dangerous for me to go in there unless I ONLY look in the clearance section.

nobody really

I need a nap

i'm on that site now lol....like crack dealers. i guess shooties are the new word for shoes that a cross btw a booty and a shoe. there are some fugly ones out there.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I was passing by DSW the other day and thinking how I had not been in there for a while - it's dangerous for me to go in there unless I ONLY look in the clearance section.

I always say I'm just going to "look" :ohwell:

I'll find a nice pair on the main floor..see the price tag...:faint: then go into the clearance section and come out with 2-3 pairs equivilant to the first full-price pair I layed eyes on. :shrug: Its a talent, I swear. I can justify ANY shoe purchase. :coffee: Ask my roommate.

JeJeTe

Happiness

I'll find a nice pair on the main floor..see the price tag...:faint: then go into the clearance section and come out with 2-3 pairs equivilant to the first full-price pair I layed eyes on. :shrug: Its a talent, I swear. I can justify ANY shoe purchase. :coffee: Ask my roommate.

You should be my personal shoe shopper then. :jet:

Bann

PREMO Member
Obviously shoe styles and likability are a very individual thing. I see many shoes in stores that I think look hideous, but someone is buying them.
Of course. Just offering my opinion of the shoe style. I don't think they are a very feminine looking shoe. Then again, I am really picky.

Bann

PREMO Member
Of course. Just offering my opinion of the shoe style. I don't think they are a very feminine looking shoe. Then again, I am really picky.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

One of these days WR and I are going to go to DSW for fun, eat a good meal afterward (maybe Famous Dave's), and talk about what great shoes we saw <G>.