Hiit

B

Big Fatty

Lugnut said:
HUGE difference between H.I.T. and H.I.I.T.

I know. Just thought I would throw that in here for some good reading.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
warneckutz said:
OK, I have the printout in my gym bag to give it a shot today... we'll see how it goes. :whistle:

What's the plan? What exercises, what intervals for work/rest?

warneckutz

Lugnut said:
30 second spints with 30 seconds "active rest" in the form of jogging. Got it.

I would suggest going to the nearest HS track and using that instead. A treadmill is frustrating as hell for sprint intervals.

If you get into HIIT and enjoy it go buy a http://www.gymboss.com these things kick ass. :yay:

I'm going to do it on a stationary bike to start. I've never liked running (on a treadmill or outside or a track). Usually I do an extreme incline at a fast speed on the treadmill.

warneckutz

Lugnut said:
30 second spints with 30 seconds "active rest" in the form of jogging. Got it.

I would suggest going to the nearest HS track and using that instead. A treadmill is frustrating as hell for sprint intervals.

If you get into HIIT and enjoy it go buy a http://www.gymboss.com these things kick ass. :yay:

Thanks for the link, BTW. I'll check it out! :yay:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
warneckutz said:
I'm going to do it on a stationary bike to start. I've never liked running (on a treadmill or outside or a track). Usually I do an extreme incline at a fast speed on the treadmill.

Cool, good luck. :yay:

warneckutz

Lugnut said:
Cool, good luck. :yay:

Suffering from insomnia at the moment...

Anyway, I tried the HIIT for the first 5 minutes and it was a LOT tougher than I expected. It's easier to stay at a vigorous pace rather than drop the speed for 30 seconds and then try to regain it and maintain it. I folled it up with 15 minutes of intense cardio but I'm going to have to work at this a bit!! :lmao:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
warneckutz said:
Well, I'm done "cutting" for the summer, I guess. I was able to get my bodyfat to 6% when I competed. It's gone up slightly since then (7.5%) since I've added additional carbs and I'm only doing cardio once a day.

I'm trying to keep fairly lean for the summer while upping my carbs for more energy and recovery.

I like the idea of spending less time doing cardio as well.
On the bright side, at 7.5%, you still won't get your period. :coffee:

warneckutz

virgovictoria said:
On the bright side, at 7.5%, you still won't get your period. :coffee:

:pete:

The other weekend, I overheard a few women talking about that. One said she could control it when she wanted to by adding or losing a few pounds. That's pretty freaky... interesting but freaky.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
warneckutz said:
Suffering from insomnia at the moment...

Anyway, I tried the HIIT for the first 5 minutes and it was a LOT tougher than I expected. It's easier to stay at a vigorous pace rather than drop the speed for 30 seconds and then try to regain it and maintain it. I folled it up with 15 minutes of intense cardio but I'm going to have to work at this a bit!! :lmao:

:lmao: Don't sweat it, you'll adapt soon enough. I've been doing it for a couple months now and I still gas out pretty quickly. Though I don't get a second look at my lunch as often as I used to! :lmao:

warneckutz

Lugnut said:
:lmao: Don't sweat it, you'll adapt soon enough. I've been doing it for a couple months now and I still gas out pretty quickly. Though I don't get a second look at my lunch as often as I used to! :lmao:

Hope you're right! I couldn't believe I was actually looking forward to my regular cardio while I was doing that. :lmao:

warneckutz

Lugnut said:

I tried it again, I used the method for the first 5 minutes then did 5 minutes at a high pace then did another 5 minutes of HIIT and then 5 minutes at a regular pace. It was easier but at the same time it wasn't.

smoothmarine187

warneckutz said:
I tried it again, I used the method for the first 5 minutes then did 5 minutes at a high pace then did another 5 minutes of HIIT and then 5 minutes at a regular pace. It was easier but at the same time it wasn't.

:smack: So you can post but can't answer your phone huh :smack: