TPD

the poor dad
The winds are still relentless. Blammo.
Wind gust of 51 today

C08F8499-9BBA-4C9E-B4E4-CF909F4D4AD5.png

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Welp....the high-pitched shrieking wind I heard last night did massive damage to some properties here on the island. The main point of impact appears to have been maybe 400 yards north of our place. Large trees down everywhere, including one that landed square on to a house.

Welp....the high-pitched shrieking wind I heard last night did massive damage to some properties here on the island. The main point of impact appears to have been maybe 400 yards north of our place. Large trees down everywhere, including one that landed square on to a house.
Everybody okay?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The blue one?

Grumpy

I stand corrected, even tho I saw nothing(and heard nothing), the wife informed me that it was a bad storm with thunder/lightning...Proud of my basement office that blocks out the world..:lol:
Lost power when the winds kicked up here around 11, power was restored 330/400am.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
We got nothing in St. Leonard. As I was driving home from Prince Frederick last night around 9PM I could see the flashes of light in the sky towards the south. No thunder, rain, hail, just some wind.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The blue one?
White house. And I just did a drive to see everything for myself. Turns out the big pine looked like it hit teh house but I think it only grazed the back side of it. The big pine was not blown over in the ground...it was twisted off about 4' above ground level, like you'd expect to see a tornado do. Weird...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
White house. And I just did a drive to see everything for myself. Turns out the big pine looked like it hit teh house but I think it only grazed the back side of it. The big pine was not blown over in the ground...it was twisted off about 4' above ground level, like you'd expect to see a tornado do. Weird...
Glad all is well. I've seen the same twisted off trees in my own back yard. Creepy.

DaSDGuy

WOW!! I went outside to see how incredibly violent the storm was and look for structures being damaged..could barely hear wife in the background screaming at me to not go out there. I don't recall ever seeing a storm that vicious this time of year.
OMG!!! It's Climate Change!!

Bonehead

Here in Frogs Marsh (LOL) really that is what my area is called. Nothing but heavy wind and downpours no hail but quite a light show just to the north of us. Friend of mines kid had a tree into his house, all souls OK.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Here in Frogs Marsh (LOL) really that is what my area is called. Nothing but heavy wind and downpours no hail but quite a light show just to the north of us. Friend of mines kid had a tree into his house, all souls OK.
My neighbor sent me pics of their friends house in the Ranch Club that got clobbered by a tree.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Just watching the news from the Eastern Shore. Apparently, the storm that came thru here spawned tornadoes there. Extensive damage.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Lost power when the winds kicked up here around 11, power was restored 330/400am.
We had a branch or two down in the neighborhood, and I saw a piece of facia in my backyard yesterday when I went outside yesterday. The facia was from my neighbor's TH, not mine.

Most of the storm didn't bother us, because my girfriend and went to hear live music and were inside at Toot's! The band covered up the noise. :lmao:

eric14

Unrelated to the storms earlier this week, but I saw some pea-sized (possibly even dime-sized) hail in my backyard earlier but it's all melted. Power went out for a few seconds (isn't there a way to stop those kinds of outages?) probably due to all the excessive lightning and/or high winds. Since probably around 5:30 it's been non-stop rain and each time I glance at the radar more storms come toward the region over and over; very annoying.

Hopefully the roof's okay; I can't even count the amount of times the roof had to get repaired at our old houses in North Central Texas (DFW metroplex) - once during a tornado outbreak in April 2012 and another time in 2016 right after St. Patrick's Day I think, but that was next door to the tornado alley core along the Red River and south of the Dakotas, so I'm kind of used to hailstorms, but not the excessive lightning that seems to happen often with storms around these parts.

As for the storm that happened a few days ago, I've still got branches in the yard that I didn't bother picking up - probably because I knew tonight was going to be stormy.