Home for the Holiday's

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
2 bottles of the Cabernet AND 2 cups of Ruby Port? :otter:

I'm already in for $56 for the 5.5.lb rib roast! (smallest Nick's can sell is the size I got) :lmao:

I'm completely changing the dinner routine program this year (as I have for all the holidays this year - new beginnings, etc) and this will be my very first Rib Roast. I don't need fancy schmancy - just delicious.

So, how expensive is that Cab and the port wine. ?
Depending on how much you want to spend. Maybe 30 dollars?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Depending on how much you want to spend. Maybe 30 dollars?
Is the jus THAT good?! Serious question! Because I can also make pretty good gravy and I would guess the drippings off that roast will be heavenly to make it with! :biggrin:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Is the jus THAT good?! Serious question! Because I can also make pretty good gravy and I would guess the drippings off that roast will be heavenly to make it with! :biggrin:
It really is good, but it does make a lot. Try halving the recipe. I think I have some in the freezer.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

It's really good but the roast is good without it too. Your choice. I've made the jus a couple of times but mostly it was just easier to rub the roast, throw it in the oven, and let 'er rip.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
It really is good, but it does make a lot. Try halving the recipe. I think I have some in the freezer.
:yay:
It's really good but the roast is good without it too. Your choice. I've made the jus a couple of times but mostly it was just easier to rub the roast, throw it in the oven, and let 'er rip.

It's just the Things and I, so I think I will focus on just getting the roast right this time and then try the jus another time! :yay:

Grumpy